Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saying salams in presence of the Mrs

salam alaikum

say you randomly met a bro one day who was married, and he had his wife with him, shopping or having a look round whatever, would you walk up tp him and say salams to him?

i know theres nothing wrong with it but i know some people may get embarassed or shy or whatever you get me.

so would you?
    Yes
    67.65%
    No
    8.82%
    Refugee No Make It Good Poll
    23.53%
    Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Re: saying salams in presence of the Mrs

well duhhh... i think most ppl would.. why wouldnt u

and why would he get embarrassed..... oh wait, of course he would, if he didnt invite u to his wedding haha :p
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

I dont think wife will mind just dont drag it into a loooooong conversation?
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
        well duhhh... i think most ppl would.. why wouldnt u

and why would he get embarrassed..... oh wait, of course he would, if he didnt invite u to his wedding haha :p
        :rotfl:
        Allah’s Messenger said: “Whoever as much as kills a sparrow in vain will find it crying before Allah on the Day of Judgment: ‘My Lord! That person killed me in vain. He did not kill me for needful sustenance.”

Comment

I don't think the wife would mind unless you were a female. *ahem* :p

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
            salam alaikum

say you randomly met a bro one day who was married, and he had his wife with him, shopping or having a look round whatever, would you walk up tp him and say salams to him?

i know theres nothing wrong with it but i know some people may get embarassed or shy or whatever you get me.

so would you?
            Yep, why not? If you know them it'd be a bit rude not to wouldnt it?

Originally posted by Khadija222333 View Post
            In that case go and say salaam to the wife :)
            The kitchen's a laboratory, and everything that happens there has to do with Science. It's Biology, Chemistry, Physics. Yes, there's History. Yes, there's Artistry. Yes, to all of that... but what happened there, what actually happens to the food is all Science :banan:

Comment

Salam aleykum,

some of my husband's aquaintances are too shy and completely blank me (and I step back while they talk so I don't embarrass them) but his friends say Salam to me too. We even exchange salams through him when he's on the phone to them, and he does the same with my friends...
              "...Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Protector and my Guardian in this world and the Hereafter. Make me die as a Muslim,and join me with the righteous."12:101
              Please as you read this, make du'a to Allah SWT to guide all those "interested in Islam" to take the decisive step.

Comment

Originally posted by Khadija222333 View Post
                :p
                If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Loobna View Post
                  In that case go and say salaam to the wife :)
                  Yep. :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                    I dont think wife will mind just dont drag it into a loooooong conversation?
                    haha funny and true

Comment

give salaams and go innit

Comment

Personally...

salam alaikum

so would you?
                        Walaikum salam,

My husband's friends say salam to him and I make sure I am in a far away place pretending to be invisible! but Alhumdulillah, most of them are more scared of me than I am of them! :mujahida:
                        “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
                        www.cage.ngo
                        www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

no need to avoid him say salams

but the bad thing is when the bros get into a long chat and the wife is just standing their waiting for them or if they walk ahead leaving her alone
                          Bye bye :salams

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise View Post
                            no need to avoid him say salams

but the bad thing is when the bros get into a long chat and the wife is just standing their waiting for them or if they walk ahead leaving her alone
                            Yeah. :(

Comment

salam alaikum

so would you?
                              Will I approach a sister who is walking with her husband? I would say my Salaams and then walk past. :)
                              Last edited by Kubs; 08-10-07, 11:11 PM.
                              Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X