storing hijabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storing hijabs

how do you store hijaabs without having to iron every morning? - have very little time in morning to iron and really annoying so if they were ironed from before and ready for next day would save loadsaaa time.

I wana know how to store 'em so you don't need to iron them every morning

I got some of them metal tie hangers from Ikea which can hold them - but they tend to fall off - so they don't really help

any suggestions?
    :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

Re: storing hijabs

if you have a bannister on your landing then you can normaly drape it over that...if not then you could aways put a peg up and hang it there instead. my suggestions hope they are useful. :up:
    j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Yeh i would like some ideas of this aswell...
      I think if you have alot of space for it, its okay.. you can just fold em n keep em. But mine are in a couple of drawers in the bed, and it is soooo stuffed, it barely closes and its jst a disaster
      But some materials dont really need ironing tho alhamdulillah, so if ur in a hurry wear those. But pashminas or cotton based materials ughhh even if u folded it and there is plenty of room in ur drawer, after its been there a while the fold marks will be creased into the material
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Fold them very neatly.

Comment

Get a wire coat hanger and add clothes pegs along it, hang your hijab off the pegs.
          Freedom has a thousand charms to show,
          That slaves, howe'er contented, never know.
          -William Cowper

Comment

mine..i always iron and hang em. they have a little crease which i iron again before i wear :D
            “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
            Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
            He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
            And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Originally posted by Arrakis View Post
              Get a wire coat hanger and add clothes pegs along it,
              lol :rotfl: hey thats an easy option!

Comment

Some fabrics don't need ironing so you can get away with storing them anywhere but I normally wear linen or cotton scarves because I have sensitive skin. The night before, I hang up my jilbab on the hanger and I pin and drape my scarf around the jilbab so it doesn't need ironing and I just throw it on in the morning when I get ready for work.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by muslimma View Post
                  lol :rotfl: hey thats an easy option!
                  I'm not sure if you are laughing at my cheap tactics, or complimenting my cleverness, I'm going to say my cleverness. :up: lol
                  -William Cowper

Comment

Roll them.

Lay it out flat. Pick one end to roll from and roll it into a long tube, then curl that tube into a coil. It should store nicely and no folds or creases to iron out. :)
                    I like to quote myself
                    - nomoreillusions

Comment

[/COLOR]
                      I'm not sure if you are laughing at my cheap tactics, or complimenting my cleverness, I'm going to say my cleverness. :up: lol
                      hey no it's just that it sounded such a compliacted thing to do when you can just hang them of a peg... lol. i guess it's clever if you invented it though. :up: :inlove: :)

Comment

Originally posted by muslimma View Post

hey no it's just that it sounded such a compliacted thing to do when you can just hang them of a peg... lol. i guess it's clever if you invented it though. :up: :inlove: :)
                        Yes, but when you have many to choose from, all hanging one on top of the other on a peg, it gets bulky looking.

The wire hanger with pegs can hold many and fit neatly into your wardrobe, and not get all creased up. :hidban:

Buy now, I accept all major credit cards and rep points. :D
                        -William Cowper

Comment

Yes, but when you have many to choose from, all hanging one on top of the other on a peg, it gets bulky looking.

The wire hanger with pegs can hold many and fit neatly into your wardrobe, and not get all creased up. :hidban:

Buy now, I accept all major credit cards and rep points. :D
                          Masha'Allaah, genius :D - A*

thanks for that :up:
                          :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

Comment

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum,

I used to use the hangers that store about 12 scarves but that became too much of a hassle for me so I just started folding them according to color.

Here is some of my hijaab collection:

Was-Salaamu 'ALaykum
                            There is not a single writer who shall not perish - But the words his hands wrote forever shall stay - So write not anything except that which - You shall be pleased to see on Judgement Day

Comment

They all look so pretty Masha Allah! :inlove:

Comment

Working...
                              X