Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying moisturizer and lip balm during fasting

Assalamu aleikum...

I have a question from a muslim brother who asked me if it is ok to apply lip balm and moisturizer on the skin while fasting. Since I did not know the exact answer, I asked imams from two places. I got two different answers.

When I was learning the Qur'an, I was told that I would not be allowed to do either.

What are you views? Please share....

Jazakallahu Khair

Re: Applying moisturizer and lip balm during fasting

I apply mosturizer and lip balm because my skin needs it. It's cracking and peeling because of new acne medicine, so I have to apply it. I'm not applying it to ingest it to break the fast or anything. I can't see why it would be a problem. If applying mosturizer and lip balm is a problem, than so is wudu when fasting because everyone swallows a little bit of water after rinsing the mouth.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

:start:

:salams

unless any thing goes down through your throat, :insha: your fast is valid. But, this doesn't mean you can eat and taste food its not allowed as well.
      www.ashaabulquran.com
      www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
        I apply mosturizer and lip balm because my skin needs it. It's cracking and peeling because of new acne medicine, so I have to apply it. I'm not applying it to ingest it to break the fast or anything. I can't see why it would be a problem. If applying mosturizer and lip balm is a problem, than so is wudu when fasting because everyone swallows a little bit of water after rinsing the mouth.
        ok, so the restriction is the throat... What about the skin... Moisturizer is absorbed through the skins as the chemicals in it are skin soluble (fat soluble)... and if lips are cracked, then applying balm would cause it to enter the blood without any problems... So my understanding of what you said is that, you can apply lip balm and moisturizer, as long as they are external?,,,

Comment

Originally posted by shaquille20 View Post
          ok, so the restriction is the throat... What about the skin... Moisturizer is absorbed through the skins as the chemicals in it are skin soluble (fat soluble)... and if lips are cracked, then applying balm would cause it to enter the blood without any problems... So my understanding of what you said is that, you can apply lip balm and moisturizer, as long as they are external?,,,
          Lol, r u serious? cmon lets not be SO CRITICAL, its pretty straight simple, if you swallow you break (on purpose that is) Tasting is the same, you WANT FOOD and you are CURIOUS how it tastes and you taste it, you can't control your self so thats wrong.

QUestion though. What if your like cooking food for IFTAR and you home alone and cooking for your husband a new dish and dont know how much SALT to put and you wanna check! is that allowed lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq Lateef View Post
            Lol, r u serious? cmon lets not be SO CRITICAL, its pretty straight simple, if you swallow you break (on purpose that is) Tasting is the same, you WANT FOOD and you are CURIOUS how it tastes and you taste it, you can't control your self so thats wrong.

QUestion though. What if your like cooking food for IFTAR and you home alone and cooking for your husband a new dish and dont know how much SALT to put and you wanna check! is that allowed lol.
            well, thats why I am asking... I dont think tasting is allowed becasue its intentionally doing something to alter the taste of the mouth... but then, this is only my opinion...

by the way, I am a guy... so I do not 'cook for my husband'... ;)

Comment

do bros wear lip balm? wow u learn somethin new everyday :D
              - gone -

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Flag View Post
                Bros wear a lot of things... U just dont know it yet... I presume you are unmarried, hence the lip balm question...

Comment

Originally posted by shaquille20 View Post
                  Bros wear a lot of things... U just dont know it yet... I presume you are unmarried, hence the lip balm question...
                  :embar: erm yeah...
                  - gone -

Comment

Yeah in the winter i do, it's for both men and women :up:
                    Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Yes it is allowed for women to taste food while cooking for stuff like salt amount, if they need to... but without swallowing it.

Yes it is allowed to wear moisturisers

:D
                      .: Rufaida :.
                      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:embar: erm yeah...
                        lol sis...:)... U will see the time when your husband is gonna say 'Darling, did you take my lip balm...and U will go.. "no Honey, I only took your moisturizer"...

Comment

omd...dont make me throw up...im fasting...id prefer him to keep such things to himself...

if my husband said something like that id prob respond somethin like this:

husband : Darling, did you take my lip balm
                          Me: what?! theres definitely no lip balm on the battlefield - which is where u should b!
                          - gone -

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                            Yes it is allowed for women to taste food while cooking for stuff like salt amount, if they need to... but without swallowing it.

Yes it is allowed to wear moisturisers

:D
                            Salam aleikum sis... thanks for the info... :)

Comment

omd...dont make me throw up...im fasting...id prefer him to keep such things to himself...

if my husband said something like that id prob respond somethin like this:

husband : Darling, did you take my lip balm
                              Me: what?! theres definitely no lip balm on the battlefield - which is where u should b!
                              mmmmkkk... poor husband... U dont want ur husband fighting with dry lips now would U? That would be torture...

Comment

Working...
                              X