Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praying @ Thorpe Park

Salam

Anyone been to thorpe park? If you did, where abouts there did you pray and can u suggest the good locations for that? (like even if there is some grass behind something, where ppl dnt walk much 2 see us.. we cn use it.)
    Wanting to go 2moro insha allah, but i think we cant even pray travellers there because its too near to London (please confirm that one also if u know..) but b4 we book the tickets we wantd 2 ask abt the prayer situation over there. For example if u ask the guest services thing can they even giv ne inside space?
    Plz tell ur experiences there insha allah.. thanks
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Re: Praying @ Thorpe Park

salam

i went about 5 years ago so my memory of where things are isn't that good, i'm sure there will be some secluded place you can pray inshAllah i think what we did was some of us prayed and others surrounded us so please weren't watching so maybe do that

i know in Alton towers they have a river and we prayed on the river bank...not too sure about Thorpe park, maybe check their website?

sorry wasn't of much help:o
    Bye bye :salams

Comment

yeh i was thinking that if there is no good places or suggestions jst have 2 take in turns 2 pray and the other one stands 2 block... is only the 2 of us though. but that is salat ul khawf right wat they used 2 do in the battle time? :p
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:wswrwb: ~ we went some time ago, and there was a shop I think where the amity cove is? and we asked the shop keepers if they could just let us pray at the back and they did *smiles* some gift shops aren't always busy maybe you could ask for a place to pray? or maybe near the lake view venue at the river bank or something like sister sunrise suggested. Here's this year's map from the site, http://www.thorpepark.com/downloads/...e_Park_Map.pdf

Hope you have a nice time sis *smiles* Insha Allah
        Last edited by Hafidha; 26-08-07, 10:16 PM.

Comment

thanks sis :)

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
            yeh i was thinking that if there is no good places or suggestions jst have 2 take in turns 2 pray and the other one stands 2 block... is only the 2 of us though. but that is salat ul khawf right wat they used 2 do in the battle time? :p

we weren't doing it because of Khawaf we were all sisters so we did it so we wouldn't be exposed
            Bye bye :salams

Comment

Yeah.. i went the other day

You can go to the thorpe park car park... and if you turn right; go straight to the end.. there is a large patch of grass. And you can pray there with a minimal amount of people seeing.
              Whoever asks Allah sincerely for martyrdom [Allahumma inni as'aluk ash-shahadah], Allah will cause him to reach the status of the martyrs even if he dies in his bed.

Comment

I went last year and there are no places to pray.
                Nature has determinism, man has destiny. The acceptance of this destiny is the supreme and final idea of Islam. - Alija Izetbegovic

Comment

baby changing room :P
                  If a man spreads his secret with his own tongue
                  and blames another... then he is a fool.If his own breast is too narrow to conceal his own secret,Then the breast of the one in whom he places it is evennarrower. :) :) -Imam shafi-
                  :inlove:http://al-israa.blogspot.com/

Comment

we went... i dnt think its that good for places 2 pray, we went wandering around and found some grass. some staff members tried 2 tells us off tho :S like while baba was praying and i was standing there these couple of staff come n said "hey guys u cnt be there" even tho one told us b4 that we can and we asked one muslim worker cn u suggest a place 2 pray and he was like "there is none" :| but alhamdulillah we managed, so it was okay i guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X