Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hijab + Make-up negates the whole point of Hijab? - This is not a make-up thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hijab + Make-up negates the whole point of Hijab?

not everyone wears make-up to attract the attention of men, make-up helps a women feel confident. but its all down to a person's intentions and only Allah is fully aware of those intentions.

I probably did wear make-up with hijaab in the past, out of self-consciousness.

lol, back in the day I used to wear a lot of eye make-up, and if one day I didnt wear make-up people would say I looked different and Ill. :rotfl: now they got used to me wearing no make up at all, if i wear make-up on special occasions people think i look better without make-up and that make-up doesn't suit me.

you might know you look better without make-up and you know don't need it, but sometimes you feel better about yourself if you wear it.

it's just a case of people getting used to how you look, and sooner or later they do, and you getting used to having the confidence to feel comfortable with people seeing you as your natural self.

sometimes i wonder about brides who are plastered in make-up on their wedding day and everyone sees them properly for the first time looking all gorgeous...and then the next day she is back to normal..i wonder what people's reactions are :rotfl:
    Last edited by Umm 'Umarah; 22-08-07, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Imagine the look on the husbands face the morning after the night before after the wedding, guy might be in for a shock, i'm sure it wasn't you who i did my nikah with.
      “Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

Comment

at the end of the day, make-up is displaying tabbaruj, and we don't want to display and enhance our beauty to strange men, if we want to be modest, we should refrain from wearing make-up in front on non-Mahrams even if we only wear it for whatever personal reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Ummah View Post
          Imagine the look on the husbands face the morning after the night before after the wedding, guy might be in for a shock, i'm sure it wasn't you who i did my nikah with.
          The bride might be saying the same thing about him when she sees his ugly mutt in the morning, so I think guys should worry all the same. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Umm 'Umarah View Post
            The bride might be saying the same thing about him when she sees his ugly mutt in the morning, so I think guys should worry all the same. :p
            Difference is, with guys, what you see is what you get, not someone who looks completely different in the morning.
            “Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

Comment

Originally posted by Umm 'Umarah View Post
              i knw hw sad, ladies cn cover themselves wiv a veil if they ugly, wht do we men hve

Comment

Originally posted by Tic~Tac-Toe View Post
                i knw hw sad, ladies cn cover themselves wiv a veil if they ugly, wht do we men hve
                .....big beards masha Allah
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

What do people think nose studs/rings, bracelets, rings, henna, kohl are if they aren't adornments?! And they are blatantly not forbidden.

Amateur fatwas don't really mean much.
                  My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
                  O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                  Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                    .....big beards masha Allah
                    masha'Allah yeah and thawbs and some wear topi's and shemagh's

Comment

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Originally posted by Basayev View Post
                      Bros, what would you do if your wife wore make-up with hijab?
                      remind her of the purpose of the hijaab, its for veiling not flashing lol

is it calling out for attention?
                      thats the thing, some sisters might just be really insecure or something and want other sisters to think their pretty or something, but even then such sisters should be reminded that the veil is to guard your modesty, wearing make up will make men look at you... you dont want that

can it be excused?
                      inshaAllah if she repents afterwards :) (ye i consider it to be kinda sinful .... i mean wats the purpose of wearing make up in public?... think about it

is it normal?
                      lol, not really...
                      Please Re-update your Signature

^ but i dont want to!

Comment

hmmm so what about when a woman came to deliver a letter to rasoolAllah salAllahu alleyhi wa salam at the house of Aisha and she passed it from behind a curtain and the prophet salAllahu alleyhi wa salam said are u a man or a woman, she said she was a woman, and he salAllahu alleyhi wa salam told her to colour her fingers with henna .... thats an adornment right

( dip the ends of her fingers in henna, like some nigerians do today)
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

nose studs/rings... what's all that about? ... it's like some metallic bogey up your nose :p ... same like painting your nails? what is the score with that??... :vomit:
                          Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                          http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                          Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                          Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post
                            nose studs/rings... what's all that about? ... it's like some metallic bogey up your nose :p ... same like painting your nails? what is the score with that??... :vomit:
                            painting ur nails is a waste of time, cos u cant make wudu wearing nail polish, so she would have to remove and re-apply it 5 times a day. And that stuff takes ages to put on straight.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

hijabi with make-up... isn't that a bit like a guy with a combed/brushed beard?
                              Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                              http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                              Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                              Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                                hmmm so what about when a woman came to deliver a letter to rasoolAllah salAllahu alleyhi wa salam at the house of Aisha and she passed it from behind a curtain and the prophet salAllahu alleyhi wa salam said are u a man or a woman, she said she was a woman, and he salAllahu alleyhi wa salam told her to colour her fingers with henna .... thats an adornment right

( dip the ends of her fingers in henna, like some nigerians do today)
                                interesting, thats because her hands probably looked manly so he couldnt tell, im sure we dont need a woman to wear make up to distinguish whether shes male or female
                                Please Re-update your Signature

^ but i dont want to!

Comment

Working...
                                X