Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hijab + Make-up negates the whole point of Hijab? - This is not a make-up thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hijab + Make-up negates the whole point of Hijab?

Originally posted by Chained_Water View Post
    It is fun.. man you are clueless.. you've obviously never been to a girly sleepover either :D
    they wouldnt let me in :(

Comment

I wear Hijab and the only make-up i wear would be eyeliner and mascara the reason i wear it is i like my eyes to be dark black.....not alot of people notice when i dont wear eyeliner/ mascara so independs on type of make-up...some sisters wear too much make-up as if they getting married plus everyday make-up foundation/eyeshadow/blush aint good for your face.

Comment

ergh..I can't be bothered with all that blush, mascara, eye shadow stuff

I seriously don't see the fun in it..its a damn chore :zzz:

(unless ur dressing up for a weddin or sumthin. In that case, by all means knock yourself out)
        For every day purposes..
        May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
        I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Basayev View Post

you were probably wearing too much make-up :p :D

Peace
          3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

:rotfl:

And if I must answer the question lol erm...depends on intentions. If its subtle stuff just to stop yourself looking completely ugly :p then its cool...if its blatantly to grab attention then

-Rashid
            :hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by Chained_Water View Post
              It is fun.. man you are clueless.. you've obviously never been to a girly sleepover either :D
              My girly sleepovers never included makeup. Sugar, caffine, movies: all in copious amounts.. never makeup.

I'm such a tom-boy

Though since becoming an 'adult' *cough* I've found myself wearing it from time to time. Mostly kohl and sometimes lipstick.
              I like to quote myself
              - nomoreillusions

Comment

salams

it is forbidden for a woman to show her adorments to any men except those who she cannot marry
                if it is a little bit or alot
                its harram
                the whole purpose of hijab is to cover your shame and keep yourself for your husband not to cover something and flaunt something else
                these days women wear the hijab and even niqaab and you can see the shape of their bodies they wear make up and perfume
                aoothubillah what is left for her husband to enjoy of her that every other man hasnt
                a man has to have jelousy over 3 things his land his women and his deen
                letting men look at your wife
                wer is your jelousy?????
                wassalams
                [SIZE="4"]Allahu Akbar[/SIZE]

Comment

Adornments do negate the point of the Hijaab, in my opinion. Although, that being said...things such as concealers for example can be used to cover severe blemishes or acne for example. Lipstick, mascara, kohl, blush etc, etc, yada, yada are definite no no's. Whether or not they're subtle, you're doing it for a reason- that is to adorn yourselves; where non-mahrams will see it. Concealers and its like, only intended (and used) to cover up scars and the like, I feel are ok.
                  "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Erm..

dolling yourself up for no reason - dont girls ever grow up
                    I've never found any of that fun and I don't get it either! :up:

Alhumdulillah, I have never worn make up (:vomit:) in my life and have always been a bit
                    “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
                    www.cage.ngo
                    www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

Re: Erm..

Originally posted by Nazias View Post
                      I've never found any of that fun and I don't get it either! :up:

Alhumdulillah, I have never worn make up (:vomit:) in my life and have always been a bit
                      You have a beard?
                      "If you speak, then consider your words, articulate your speech and make clear what you intend; do not allow them to carry a number of meanings, and do not use words that may be misunderstood, or words that are ambiguous and will need further explanations and clarifications, for your opponent will not remember your explanation, and if his heart is diseased he will release your words and direct them where he pleases."

Comment

but cant that lead to wearing half-sleeves shirts or something since someone might feel they feel more confident in one and theyre not doing it for men etc.

its a slippery slope

makes sense :up:
                        half sleeve shirts is not makeup

Comment

My secret's out!

Originally posted by Abandoned-Mind View Post
                          You have a beard?
                          :shock: How did you guess?
                          “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
                          www.cage.ngo
                          www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

Re: My secret's out!

Originally posted by Nazias View Post
                            :shock: How did you guess?
                            You said you have always been a bit 'Insert hairy guy with shades'.
                            "If you speak, then consider your words, articulate your speech and make clear what you intend; do not allow them to carry a number of meanings, and do not use words that may be misunderstood, or words that are ambiguous and will need further explanations and clarifications, for your opponent will not remember your explanation, and if his heart is diseased he will release your words and direct them where he pleases."

Comment

I gave it away!

Originally posted by Abandoned-Mind View Post
                              You said you have always been a bit 'Insert hairy guy with shades'.
                              :rotfl: anyway this is off topic
                              www.cage.ngo
                              www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

one thing ive learnt so far is people's definiton of make-up varies...:D

and if this is what u mean by make-up..then yes definitely :p
                                Attached Files
                                i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X