Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for a pregnant cat

:salams muslimeen,

well my 2 year old cat chelsea appears to be pregnant, she suddenly seems to have ballooned and i can feel the lumps (babies) in her belly and shes kind of lethargic last few days .. and she cant sit comfortably shes really clingy too hanging around me and wanting to be patted all the time.. and waving her tail like shes angry..but shes purring ..

...my son has some weird idea that should I be there when she gives birth, i should help the babies out is that true and if so ... anyone got any tips on how to help a cat out in labour ( do we have to cut cords or anything will the cat take care of all that insha Allah :S )

how long does a cat pregnancy last, are there any signs when shes about to give birth or anything insha Allah

what if she rejects the kittens or cant feed them or something ...

:jkk: :salams
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Re: Help needed for a pregnant cat

Totally normal my cat just had 5 kittens 8 wks ago. It is like a human we have false labour well so do cats. Normal don't worry she will find a spot to have those babies when she is ready try to discourage the other kittens from nursing because you don't want them drinking the colostrum (first milk packed full of antibiotics to prevent kittens from getting infections). She will not have very much milk in her teats right now because it colostrum in there her real milk will come in between 1-3 days after birth. No worries what she is doing is normal.

copeied nd pasted fom da net!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tic~Tac-Toe View Post
      Totally normal my cat just had 5 kittens 8 wks ago. It is like a human we have false labour well so do cats. Normal don't worry she will find a spot to have those babies when she is ready try to discourage the other kittens from nursing because you don't want them drinking the colostrum (first milk packed full of antibiotics to prevent kittens from getting infections). She will not have very much milk in her teats right now because it colostrum in there her real milk will come in between 1-3 days after birth. No worries what she is doing is normal.

copeied nd pasted fom da net!!!!
      Alhamdulillah :jkk: thank u :up:
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

sister dont worry about those things! Inshallah Almighty has given them the knowledge for those stuffs!

Comment

Originally posted by ammarcool View Post
          sister dont worry about those things! Inshallah Almighty has given them the knowledge for those stuffs!
          sah akhi masha Allah thats what i figured, i think maybe my son was having a joke with me about the cord cutting :S ...

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

THE CAT WILL take care of itself..totally

just give it some privacy and warmth in its own space

dont be shocked if any of its babies die..and it eats it..:D

survival is its priority
            :salams

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
              sah akhi masha Allah thats what i figured, i think maybe my son was having a joke with me about the cord cutting :S ...
              LOL the cat will know what to do when the time comes. Best thing is to just leave her be ie, don't have the kids bothering her whebn she gives birth and give her a day or two of privacy so she can bond with her kits
              I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
                LOL the cat will know what to do when the time comes. Best thing is to just leave her be ie, don't have the kids bothering her whebn she gives birth and give her a day or two of privacy so she can bond with her kits
                will do thank u Alhamdulillah :jkk: maybe i`ll get her a box with some blankets and put it in a quiet spot then insha Allah. I noticed shes not going out much so maybe shes close to the time Allahu alam.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

LOL sounds like a member of the family, give her some privacy to bond with her kittens lol

masha'ALlah, what are you going to do with them once they hatch?
                  "If I was going to meet my new wedded wife on my wedding night, or you would give me news I had a new born son. It would not give me the same satisfaction as sitting in a tent on a cold night thinking of tactics on how to ambush my enemy."
                  Khalid ibn al-Waleed.

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                    will do thank u Alhamdulillah :jkk: maybe i`ll get her a box with some blankets and put it in a quiet spot then insha Allah. I noticed shes not going out much so maybe shes close to the time Allahu alam.
                    She will find her own spot and that will be where she has the kittens. Trying to move her somewhere else will only increase her stress levels. She will find a spot where she feels safe and will actually hold back the birth if she's moved.
                    I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Nuh AMW View Post
                      LOL sounds like a member of the family, give her some privacy to bond with her kittens lol

masha'ALlah, what are you going to do with them once they hatch?
                      They dont lay eggs man ... :rotfl: ...

Comment

She will find her own spot and that will be where she has the kittens. Trying to move her somewhere else will only increase her stress levels. She will find a spot where she feels safe and will actually hold back the birth if she's moved.
                        yea i realise that, i wasnt going to move her, i`ll just put it there, and if she wants to go in it she can, she has a sister that really annoys her and is always trying to play fights with her. so i was thinking i`ll keep her out of the way of her sister for the first few days.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

lol...that'd suck in the wild, cats waiting around for some random human to come n cut the cord :lol:

Comment

Cut the cord ... That just sounds bad ... The thing that comes to my mind when someone says that is cutting someones throat .. :vomit:

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
                              lol...that'd suck in the wild, cats waiting around for some random human to come n cut the cord :lol:
                              yuh obviously,but i mean if anything goes wrong or something audu billah

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Working...
                              X