Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secular Education

:salams

just wondering what the tawts are of u people regarding secular education beyond the basic needs of every1.

over and above lyk junior high school, Varsity, college, etc

i for 1 am not for it at all as it serves no benefit to a person from an islamic point.....i havnt been beyond high school and have alhamdulillah achieved more than what some ppl with degrees and so forth would.
    i have 3 kids that do home schooling and am 1 dat has always been against the public education system due to the harms.

Please share your tawts....

Shukran
    Wassalaam

Re: Secular Education

Sorry... Tawts?

Comment

Mmmm iv alwayz been in co-education its never harmed me, i guess it depends on the schools and where u live, it really depends on you both options are kool, i 4 one wuld put my kids in mixed schools.....
      What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisaa View Post
        Sorry... Tawts?
        my apologies....thoughts....was using short form...lol

Originally posted by angel* View Post
        Mmmm iv alwayz been in co-education its never harmed me, i guess it depends on the schools and where u live, it really depends on you both options are kool, i 4 one wuld put my kids in mixed schools.....
        how do u know that it hasnt harmed u???
        it not abt any options for me. im just actually looking to see what you guys opinions are on the subject.....
        my kids will go only so far in school as is required and only via homeschooling....id never risk putting them for a kufaar education, with non-muslim kids....university is a big

Wassalaam

Comment

Secular Education is important(esp for males in the west). Many parents put too much emphasis on it today, and in doing so they sacrifice deeni education.

I think for a young child, they should be raised in a deeni environment(not mixed schools) and learn in an environment that is conducive to proper Islam from a young age. Whether that means being homeschooled or sent to a madrassah, i think they are both great.

In terms of going to university, I think it is important esp for those who live in the west.
          The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
          Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post
            Secular Education is important(esp for males in the west). Many parents put too much emphasis on it today, and in doing so they sacrifice deeni education.

I think for a young child, they should be raised in a deeni environment(not mixed schools) and learn in an environment that is conducive to proper Islam from a young age. Whether that means being homeschooled or sent to a madrassah, i think they are both great.

In terms of going to university, I think it is important esp for those who live in the west.
            i disagree on the first point.....they are being homeschooled and going to madresah seperately....their madresah work take preferance over all other work.

with regards to university....i firmly disagree.....way too much importance has been put on something of which has very lil importance....and of no value??
            how is it that it becomes important....?? please elaborate

shukran
            Wassalaam
            Last edited by junaidb; 03-08-07, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X