Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unibarcity

Originally posted by Omar View Post
    :( my post was helpful was menna unite our salafi bredrin whyd it get deleted :'(
    You complaining and my reps were deleted :|

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Niqaabi View Post
      LOL yeh i am doing MEI thats why its soooo hard!!!! i hate it! i used to love maths now i hate it :(

yeh i know i want to study english but point wise hmm will i get in? im just going to spend my whole year in the library doing extra work. in order to get into QM i need 220 points thats from A2 soooo that means i need to get minimum of 1 A and 1 B :( i doubt i will get a B in ICT!!!

p.s. ADZ in your sig, its their not there.
      Ofcourse you will inshaAllah! :) you cant give up when you want something ao badly! you took some time out aswell to come to the firm conclusion that English lit is what you want to do- now youre losing hope because of ICT? Just work extra hard, get extra help from tutor/coursemates if needs be and make lots and lots of duaa! :inlove:
      BT University of Leciester also has a great English Lit department apparently ;)
      *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

:salams

loool...everyone loves MAths untill A2 MEI...ok seriously tho, its not that hard to get a C as long as u just do lots of work and effort..i mean u can get a D with doing nufing..*ahem* Trust me...so if u get a C or a B its all good

ICT is EASY...if u dont get a B or an A then theres problems....lool
        as long as u do good in ur CW's and then just do the last 5-7 years past paper for AQA? then ur sorted they use all the same Q's but different examples..and remember always learn somthing and then an example for it to like u did for the input output processing thing in AS..and when u do A2 CW mke sure u follow the teachers guidlines ITS LIKE 5 times harder to pik up markes then it is on Excel..it cost me my A *Sad Face* ....

but yeh u can still get in if u dont get the exact marks..i know people who got in QM with CCB when they needed BBB ..etc im telling u inshallah work hard and inshallah ull be fine..MAy allah mke it easy for u..ameen...

w.salam

Comment

Clearing is risky stuff though. Make sure you got a personal statement which says WOW! Get your ucas sent in early. Just work every day and night and make lots of ltos of du'as! InshAllah you'll get a place. Remember where there's a will there's a way so be optimistic not pessimistic and I guarantee inshAllah you'll be in any uni you want to go too. :up:

Ibn al-Qayyim: He (Allaah) created the seven seas, but He loved a tear from you (out of fear of Him) but your eyes were tearless.

Comment

Im having uni probalmes too. Dont knnow what to study.
            Allahu Akbar

Comment

aww jazakaAllahu khairan ADZ that advice is good but sadly maths hates my guts too and i dont blame it :( i really think im getting a U this year, the C2 paper was toooooooooooooooo hard!!!! i think i wrote an essay on emma for it instead

anywayssssss i think what i will do is tell myself I LOVE ICT and then do really good at it and get my boss to help me with it since i am aiming for a an A in the CW i need 2 As if i dont continue with maths!
              Make duah people i really need it!!

Comment

what is clearing?

Comment

what is clearing?
                  if ya dont get the grades for ur chosen offers..then u go thru "clearing"
                  which is where u can apply to unis that still have places for courses.
                  i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

anywayssssss i think what i will do is tell myself I LOVE ICT and then do really good at it and get my boss to help me with it since i am aiming for a an A in the CW i need 2 As if i dont continue with maths!
                    Make duah people i really need it!!
                    :salams

First time i did it i got an e in C2 u find c2 and c1 and s1? alot more easy once uve done c3 and c4....

and i did that..it doesnt work..but if ur gona pik out of one of them, then pick ICT...work at it...it is easier to get a better grade at ict then Maths...and just retake the maths modules u need to get a good grade in maths AS.inshallah...becuase its not good having an AS whihc is like an e or sumthing its better not to tell them lool i didnt...neway

CLEARING is basically when the results come out, all the people who hve met the grade req. get in and all the people who dont there palces are free for other to call in and say well i got this can i join the course? its like an insurance policy so that all courses get filled up plus an easier way to get it! *smiles* but it is a risky thing to depend on...

w.salam

Comment

accha well i am applying to all the unis which have good english dept but so far i only have 3 of those and 1 which does arabic which is a back up i need more. so far i have:
                      Queen Mary's
                      UCL
                      Kings college London
                      SOAS

Comment

only london ones?

heres the rankings for english...
                        http://www.timesonline.co.uk/display...,13410,00.html
                        i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hassnetwork View Post
                          From what i've heard i hear most Uni's down south (if not most)are Highly influenced by the Salafi's . I have no problem with that, but if they begin to use dirty politics then they can basically *hoot* off. Not taking none of it.

No offence intended to any of my Salafi Brothers and Sisters, i understand your quite hot headed when it comes down to "SHOVE A HADEETH DOWN YOUR THROAT and prove yourself right kinda attitude", i personally have very little knowledge and even lesser "Amal" but one thing i cant stand is people that breathe down your kneck and tell you whats right and wrong in such a disrespectful manner. Alhamdulillah, hasnt happened to me but i know it happens.

Nora Battys!!! They can Sling their Bat elsewhere!
                          Alhamdulillah, Still Alive.. was told by afew that i'ma get slaughtered because of that post.... wth for?

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
                            only london ones?

heres the rankings for english...
                            http://www.timesonline.co.uk/display...,13410,00.html
                            yeah i dont have a mahram that could take me to uni outside london and back. And anyways i like living with my parents :)

Comment

Working...
                            X