X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebony
    replied
    Re: Unibarcity

Forget the ISOC, look at the quality of the education :p Your ISOC aint gonna get you a 1st or a 2:1 is it?

Leave a comment:

• Niqaabi
    replied

Originally posted by Omar View Post
    :( my post was helpful was menna unite our salafi bredrin whyd it get deleted :'(
    Sorry omar i didnt even know what you said :(
    Its best if outside fitan is not brought into our harmonious cyber world that is ummah.com/forum :D
    Anyways what uni did you go to omar and how was it? is their english dept any good?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

:( my post was helpful was menna unite our salafi bredrin whyd it get deleted :'(

Leave a comment:

• Hassnetwork
    replied

Rashid Patel!!... dont delete my post....Please

Leave a comment:

• Zesty
    replied

English literature! :inlove: I loved it at A Level and i carried on with 4 A Levels cos i didnt wana quit is and i liked all the other subjects i was doing too!
    Have you already chosen which uni's you want to go to? Whata makes you want to do literature? Is it just the love for it or do you want to go into teaching afterwards inshaAllah? :)

I dont know which unis are the best fro Eng Lit but im assuming you would ahve done your research anyway :D

As for isocs i loved my isoc- i joined it for the free dinners looolll :embar: Must admit- i didnt get involved in the politics of it all but i cannot understand why Universities in London always seem to have issues when it comes to ISOC :scratch: they seem kinda (forgive me for saying this) but somewhat uncivilised when it comes to talking to people or expressing opinions! Look how heated this thread got! Sheesh.

Alhamdullilah loved my brothers and sisters in my ISOC- wonderful experiences, wonderful da'wah, wonderful people with excellent qualities mashaAllah :o
    We shoudl keep it simple inshaAllah- if you know you cant handle the politics and would rather keep away from it- do that because otherwise its just going to affect your own Imaan. Some people go on a power trip- inshaAllah make duaa for them also and if you feel the need to express your sentimments, do so in a polite and calm manner :) besdies the fact that its far more effective, they will also find it damn annoying that youre so collected and cool :hidban: lol.

Ive had 2 totally different experiences with 2 totally different ISOCs- guess im lucky enough to have loved and benefitted from both :)

Leave a comment:

• *IslamicGirl*
    replied

:start:

:salams

I don't want to go back to university

I like my freedom whilst working

Now i have to meet new people and do student-y things.

At least i can wear trainers!... whoa silver cloud man!

:wswrwb:

Leave a comment:

• Niqaabi
    replied

A NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

No names should have been mentioned and no uni isoc names should have been mentioned. The only reason i mentioned QM isoc was when i quoted another members post which he then edited.
    We are all brothers and sisters of Islam not Isoc and i have met many sisters from QM and SOAS isoc whom i love and get along with, and they are very proactive in the isoc but that does not mean i will bow down to ever rule or opinion the isoc has or i will hate certain sisters because they are joined to the isoc.
    The fitnah of isoc is known to all, only the blind people who cant see that everything apart from Allah and Islam is perfect, even my isoc members think that the amir guy cant make errors and subhanaAllah isnt this just taqleed and hizbiyyah?
    Everyone should be aware of how they represent themselves and how they speak to other people because we arent dressed as ourselves but dressed as muslims. funnily enough even to other muslims we are dressed in the hizb form. So a girl not dressed in full hijaab will represent all YMOs and a full niqaabi taking from quran and sunnah is normally a salafi or whatever but ultimately we represent islam so be careful of what you say, dont get involved into worldly matters and start accusing people of all sorts because they do not take a like to something which you love.
    I didnt mean to cause offense to any QM isoc member, but i speak the haqq i have see wrong things go on and i have heard even from isoc members of wrong things going on. And to be truely honest i dont have anything against members of isoc, iv become well aquinted with the heads of isocs and they are mashaAllah good sisters. I just have a dislike for anything with a hint of hizbiyyah and to me thats what isocs are.

And really please no more isoc business on this thread because i dont have the time and dont want the hassle of skimming past posts just to read about what i want to know! which is unis!!! :)
    sorry for any harm :o

Leave a comment:

• a_nounu
    replied

Salams

Woooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, man, there be some serious politics goin on at ur uni. I go to UWE in bristol and am familiar with the other uni in Bristol. Al-hamdulillah i AM part of the isoc, and al-hamdulillah both unis have no problem like uve talked about. We dont even call ppl amir, cos thats a bit much for someone that young. We have several members of staff, who are al-hamdulillah, somewhat knowledgebale, so we can always take advice from them. Lets not give isocs around the country a bad name. The isoc is there to serve the Muslims at uni, not control them.

BTT, i went to Bath uni to begin with, and man, i hated it, there werent enough Muslims, and generally ppl there are snobbish (sorry to anyne who goes to bath), now im at uwe, and i be happy al-hamdulillah, so i reckon u just need to ask the right ques, also, dont go too far from home:D, you be surprised how much you lack in the cooking department:D

Leave a comment:

• Supernova Nebula
    replied

My sister, perhaps u should see this as a guideline to apply to uni? http://www.hero.ac.uk/rae/rae_dynami...ults/byuoa.asp

Leave a comment:

• Abu Nuh AMW
    replied

asalamu'alaikum wa'rahmatullah

could I just ask why you want study english please?
    jazakallahu khair

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mu'adh
    replied

Man back in my Uni days all Isocs were run by HT!

Leave a comment:

• .: Rashid :.
    replied

Guys, get back on topic please. We don't need a big fitnah filled argument here...

-Rashid

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

What course does that faisal ur talkin about do? Am jus wonderin if its one I know.

Leave a comment:

• Chained_Water
    replied

Niqi I totally hate you *sulk* ..I wish I'd done English lit..

MashaAllah.. it is really good that you took yr out after school and got your head sorted.. it means now you're making decisions in a totally levelheaded way, which is brill for you :up:

Why wouldn't you get in to QM? ..what are you expecting for A Levels.. and what do they ask for?

Be realistic, and apply to the places you think would be best for you on the whole.. and do get involved with the isoc if it's a good one :up:

Leave a comment:

• Hassnetwork
    replied

Originally posted by Niqaabi View Post
    AFAIK = as far as i know
    BTT = back to topic

:)
    :jkk:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X