Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unibarcity

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Unibarcity

    :salams

    Mashallah u got the last say..but no one ever said the ameer cant mke mistakes loool..
    sorry for taking thread off topic..wont happen again..
    W.salam

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Unibarcity

      NNNOOOO niqaabi! do NOT under any circumstances do something llike ICT if you hate it and its boring you from now! Im serious! Try and work hard to get the points you need and inshaAllah look at other Universities that also do English Literature. Dont give up on what you love to do... ask someone like me who has fallen into that trap for the last year but now im doing something about it inshaAllah lol!

      Yehh love reading too, love poetry too. *sighh* my english lit teacher for A level was the best! ssoo quirky and eccentric.. we'd go off on one for the entire hour was great :D
      I just finished reading "On beauty" by Zadie Smith! i liked it.
      I like Pablo Neruda's poetry :inlove:
      *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Unibarcity

        :salams

        *Ahem* on topic point...
        DNT DO SOMTHING u dont like!!!...i also did ict, coz it was easy, and im stuck doing computer science join with buesiness managment and accounting now in uni..Trust me ... *smiles* evan after what i said b4 2 ya.. ONLY DO WHAT U WANT TO DO..evan if it means taking year out and re doing sum exams .. PLUS u always hve clearing!!!!!!!!!! thats how half the uni gets in...
        i cnt stress this enuf..DO NOT DO SUMFING U DNT LIKE!!!...and mashallah english opens door's for teaching abroad as well ....

        w.salam

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Unibarcity

          I love Zadie Smith, she's very cool.. White Teeth and On Beauty were both fab.. but I can't get into The Autograph Man yet..

          Read Ghostwritten by David Mitchell.. thats the latest thing I've read and it's really fantabulously written.
          [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

          [/FONT][/CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

          [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
          [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

          [CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
          [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
          Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

          [/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
          [/CENTER]

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Unibarcity

            Originally posted by Chained_Water View Post
            I love Zadie Smith, she's very cool.. White Teeth and On Beauty were both fab.. but I can't get into The Autograph Man yet..

            Read Ghostwritten by David Mitchell.. thats the latest thing I've read and it's really fantabulously written.
            I had a discussion about "On beauty" with a good friend of mine yesterday who didnt like it at all! i thought it was fab! Very insightful, full of emotion and great character.
            I havent got The Autograph Man...

            Will give it a go inshaAllah.
            *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Unibarcity

              I know but i cant change it cos i really want to drop maths its too hard and i cant cope with it all seriously i cant! Also i did a stupid AS only this year so it means if i dont keep with either ict or maths then i cant continue.
              And taking a year out? no way i already took two years out of education i should already be in my 2nd year of uni this sept!!! :( but alhumdulillah no regrets at least now alhumdulillah i have a job which pays for my study :D mashaAllah!

              As for english lit, im falling in love with QM the english dept is really good and their course for english lit is also really interesting and something which accomponies the type of english i like.
              I just hope they dont change their course mid term and end up doing carol ann duffy poems cos im doing that next year and did it for GCSEs two years ago and i totally hate her and her poems! their are soooo boring and predictable!

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Unibarcity

                hahahaha i hated her poems too! They are boring! :zzz:
                Have you ever done Blake? Or Keats?
                *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Unibarcity

                  Originally posted by Ebony View Post
                  I like Indian authors! I only ever read Indian, Arab or Eastern authored novels :D Havent delved into Bali Rai yet, but which ones would you recommend of his?
                  i recomment all the Corgi books. This includes:
                  (un)arranged marriage
                  Rani and Sukh (i loved that soo much :love: my fav book)
                  The Crew
                  The Whisper (sequel to crew it was sooooo gooooood)
                  The Last Taboo
                  The Angel Collector

                  they were all good mashaAllah but the whisper and rani and sukh were my two favs.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Unibarcity

                    Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                    hahahaha i hated her poems too! They are boring! :zzz:
                    Have you ever done Blake? Or Keats?
                    I have studies Keats but only read BLakes out of interest :up: two good poets.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Unibarcity

                      Originally posted by Niqaabi View Post
                      I have studies Keats but only read BLakes out of interest :up: two good poets.
                      I actualyl studied Blakes songs of innocence and experience *faints* aahh i wana go back to them days.. i wana go back to studying english literature DO IT NIQAABI! dont let anyone stop you doing what you love- forget asianzzzz who say be a "dactorr or lawyerr" its pants :rofl1:
                      *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Unibarcity

                        Originally posted by Niqaabi View Post
                        I know but i cant change it cos i really want to drop maths its too hard and i cant cope with it all seriously i cant! Also i did a stupid AS only this year so it means if i dont keep with either ict or maths then i cant continue.
                        And taking a year out? no way i already took two years out of education i should already be in my 2nd year of uni this sept!!! :( but alhumdulillah no regrets at least now alhumdulillah i have a job which pays for my study :D mashaAllah!

                        As for english lit, im falling in love with QM the english dept is really good and their course for english lit is also really interesting and something which accomponies the type of english i like.
                        I just hope they dont change their course mid term and end up doing carol ann duffy poems cos im doing that next year and did it for GCSEs two years ago and i totally hate her and her poems! their are soooo boring and predictable!


                        :salams

                        ok so youve onyl done ur AS's??..lool..then there no need to stress Just put lots of hard effort into maths, its not hard trust me i did it, its all about practise and practise and prctise and pass papers!!! unless ur doing mei!! then ur done for i did MEI the most difficult board ever!!! c4 killed us....

                        but anyway..QM is a really nice uni!! everything else aside..and trust me CLEARING is the way looool..BUT TRUST ME u dnt want to be doing sumfing for 3/4 years of ur life u dont enjoy coz then ur degree will be a hassle..not sumfing u shud enjoy!!!!

                        w.salam

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Unibarcity

                          Originally posted by Niqaabi View Post
                          Sorry omar i didnt even know what you said :(
                          Its best if outside fitan is not brought into our harmonious cyber world that is ummah.com/forum :D
                          Anyways what uni did you go to omar and how was it? is their english dept any good?
                          Well i still remember what he said, so i'll repeat his message if you want, he said,

                          I got an excellent suggestionnnnn :D

                          pleasee please consider it iA.

                          I reakon what all you different types of salafis should do is unite in what you have common inshaAllah. :embar:

                          One thing Ive noticed which is common amoungts u is the holier den thou attitudes. and the Im right and everyone else is misguided attitude




                          Dont hate me coz i speak the haq :embar:
                          and rashid deleted my posts and my reps were deleted with it too :(



                          "The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."


                          Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.


                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Unibarcity

                            Originally posted by ADZ w3 View Post
                            :salams

                            ok so youve onyl done ur AS's??..lool..then there no need to stress Just put lots of hard effort into maths, its not hard trust me i did it, its all about practise and practise and prctise and pass papers!!! unless ur doing mei!! then ur done for i did MEI the most difficult board ever!!! c4 killed us....

                            but anyway..QM is a really nice uni!! everything else aside..and trust me CLEARING is the way looool..BUT TRUST ME u dnt want to be doing sumfing for 3/4 years of ur life u dont enjoy coz then ur degree will be a hassle..not sumfing u shud enjoy!!!!

                            w.salam
                            LOL yeh i am doing MEI thats why its soooo hard!!!! i hate it! i used to love maths now i hate it :(

                            yeh i know i want to study english but point wise hmm will i get in? im just going to spend my whole year in the library doing extra work. in order to get into QM i need 220 points thats from A2 soooo that means i need to get minimum of 1 A and 1 B :( i doubt i will get a B in ICT!!!




                            p.s. ADZ in your sig, its their not there.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Unibarcity

                              Abu musab i think rashid will also delete your post.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Unibarcity

                                Originally posted by Niqaabi View Post
                                LOL yeh i am doing MEI thats why its soooo hard!!!! i hate it! i used to love maths now i hate it :(

                                yeh i know i want to study english but point wise hmm will i get in? im just going to spend my whole year in the library doing extra work. in order to get into QM i need 220 points thats from A2 soooo that means i need to get minimum of 1 A and 1 B :( i doubt i will get a B in ICT!!!




                                p.s. ADZ in your sig, its their not there.

                                change ur attitude to what u think u will get and insha'Allah u can aim for higher and get it :)
                                i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg


                                Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X