Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unibarcity

As salaamu alaikum

I am applying to university and im not quite sure if im going to get into half of them and also which unis have good english departments. I know Queen Mary's has a good english dept. and i looked at their prospectus and it looked really good and you also study a bit of latin which id like to do but i really doubt id get in! :(:(:(
    Anyways what unis did you lot go to, how was the atmosphere during the jurasic period? () and how populated with muslims are there? (dont mention isoc cos i dont really care about that stuff just prayer room and a good mass of muslims)

Also what did you study there? I love english literature and i know that is what i want to study but im open to any halaal options you have, nothing computer related!!!!!!

:hidban:

Re: Unibarcity

:wswrwb:

Starting Sept 19th @ QM Alhamdulilah.

I Can't Even Speak Good English, I HATE ENglish, I Wouldn't Know!:(

So Yeh I Recommend QM, Cause I'm Going :)

How About Sociology Or Pyschology?

P.s What Does Jurasic Mean?
    Last edited by Bint Yusuf; 01-08-07, 08:17 PM.

Ibn al-Qayyim: He (Allaah) created the seven seas, but He loved a tear from you (out of fear of Him) but your eyes were tearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Yusuf View Post
      :wswrwb:

Starting Sept 19th @ QM Alhamdulilah.

I Can't Even Speak Good English, I HATE ENglish, I Wouldn't Know!:(

So Yeh I Recommend QM, Cause I'm Going :)

How About Sociology Or Pyschology?

P.s What Does Jurasic Mean?
      jurassic as in during time of dinosaur

Comment

:salams

edit

w.salam

Comment

Originally posted by Niqaabi View Post
          jurassic as in during time of dinosaur
          Oh Yeah.I Knew That! :up:

Ibn al-Qayyim: He (Allaah) created the seven seas, but He loved a tear from you (out of fear of Him) but your eyes were tearless.

Comment

Originally posted by MMS
            i agree @ QM :rotfl::rotfl:
            @)
            whats your uni like mms? you go to K right?

Comment

@)
              whats your uni like mms? you go to K right?
              wats K? i went city i finished uni now tho, i gotta degreee so like show some respect people :D
              Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
                wats K? i went city i finished uni now tho, i gotta degreee so like show some respect people :D
                i didnt say what uni, but i thought you went either Kingston or Kings so i used K :p

Comment

From what i've heard i hear most Uni's down south (if not most)are Highly influenced by the Salafi's . I have no problem with that, but if they begin to use dirty politics then they can basically *hoot* off. Not taking none of it.

No offence intended to any of my Salafi Brothers and Sisters, i understand your quite hot headed when it comes down to "SHOVE A HADEETH DOWN YOUR THROAT and prove yourself right kinda attitude", i personally have very little knowledge and even lesser "Amal" but one thing i cant stand is people that breathe down your kneck and tell you whats right and wrong in such a disrespectful manner. Alhamdulillah, hasnt happened to me but i know it happens.

Nora Battys!!! They can Sling their Bat elsewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
                    K = Kingston

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                      K = Kingston
                      :vomit: naa i never went ther
                      Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by Niqaabi
                        AFAIK,
                        Mind my Blonde behaviour, but whats that supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Hassnetwork View Post
                          Mind my Blonde behaviour, but whats that supposed to mean?
                          AFAIK = as far as i know
                          BTT = back to topic

:)

Comment

AFAIK = as far as i know
                            BTT = back to topic

:)
                            :jkk:

Comment

Niqi I totally hate you *sulk* ..I wish I'd done English lit..

MashaAllah.. it is really good that you took yr out after school and got your head sorted.. it means now you're making decisions in a totally levelheaded way, which is brill for you :up:

Why wouldn't you get in to QM? ..what are you expecting for A Levels.. and what do they ask for?

Be realistic, and apply to the places you think would be best for you on the whole.. and do get involved with the isoc if it's a good one :up:
                              [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
                              [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
                              [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                              Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
                              [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X