you are what you eat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you are what you eat...

Abu Bakr r.a used to ask his own family where the food they ate came from to make sure it was halal.

He came home one day and he was given some milk to drink. He found it tasted different so he asked where this milk is from? His family members said it was a servant who brought it.

The servant who brought him the milk was brought, Abu Bakr r.a. asked him "where did you get the milk from?" the servant got scared and he said "I will tell you, but forgive me first", Abu Bakr r.a forgave him. The servant said that he used to be a soothsayer before Islam, and he still receives gifts from the people from time-to-time. The milk was a gift and he presented that milk to Abu Bakr's r.a family.

So what did Abu Bakr do?

He put his finger in his mouth and made himself vomit the milk to the point that blood started coming out!

His family were telling him to slow down, because he might kill himself...but he said "How will I face Allah on the Day of Judgement if I have even a drop of this milk in my body?"

Subhan'Allah

---

On the authority of AbuHurairah r.a, The messenger of Allah, s.a.w said, "Allah the Almighty is good and accepts only that which is good. Allah has commanded the faithful to do that which he commanded the messengers", he said, "O you messengers, eat of the good things and do right;" "O you who believe, eat of the good things which we have provided you." He then mentioned the case of a man who, having journeyed far, is disheveled and dusty and who spreads out his hands to the sky saying: "O lord, O lord" while his food is unlawful and he is nourished unlawfully, so how can he be answered?" (Muslim).

These are our role models.
    i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Re: you are what you eat...

Subhanallah.

Jazallah khayran for posting :up:

-Rashid
    :hidban:

Comment

:sub:
      To be a Muslim is to fall in love with Allah SWT:
      to think about him all the time and put what he wants first,
      to give him everything you have so that he can be happy with you.

Comment

Wonderful post mashaAllah! :D heard it before but its still great to hear it again!
        *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Abu Bakr R. A was a wealthy man.......so he could afford to reject the milk. I wonder what he would have done if he was poor and starving.

Dont all jump down my throat

Comment

Subhan Allah!

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist. View Post
              Abu Bakr R. A was a wealthy man.......so he could afford to reject the milk. I wonder what he would have done if he was poor and starving.

Dont all jump down my throat
              there is a similar narration abt Umar r.a where he was given food that was supposed to be given for charity, he vomited it out too.

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
                there is a similar narration abt Umar r.a where he was given food that was supposed to be given for charity, he vomited it out too.

Good for him! If the sahaba cant stomach anything haram or of unlawful earnings going down their throat then that is a high level of imaan. But i wonder if the sahaba had to go thru severe trials and they still had no help from Allah what would they do.

Comment

When I started reading that story I thought, "Oh, it's going to turn out to be pig milk."

And then I thought, "Wait. Where would the servant get pig milk? Isn't it very difficult to milk a pig?"

Comment

Good for him! If the sahaba cant stomach anything haram or of unlawful earnings going down their throat then that is a high level of imaan. But i wonder if the sahaba had to go thru severe trials and they still had no help from Allah what would they do.
                    Huh?
                    Okay im nopt knowledgeable, but the sahaba used to get very hungry and used to tie rocks to their stomachs to quell the pangs of hunger. Allah ta'aala knows best but I dont think they used to eat like we eat nowadays (or i speak for myself... :()

:lailah:
                    :lailah:
                    ''And they will be given to drink there a cup mixed with zanjabeel. A spring there, called Salsabeel.'' (76:17-18)

Comment

The Prophet s.a.w and the sahabah went for long periods without food, they tied stones to their stomachs to try to supress the hunger, when it was really bad.
                      Last edited by ibn suleman; 31-07-07, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew View Post
                        When I started reading that story I thought, "Oh, it's going to turn out to be pig milk."

And then I thought, "Wait. Where would the servant get pig milk? Isn't it very difficult to milk a pig?"
                        What u posting that here for Cashew?

Thanks for ruining my appetite Cashew.

Sometimes its best if we keep certain thoughts to ourselves.

:jkk: bro Sulaiman, SubhanAllah the Sahabas had soo much Imaan, If only we had a drop of their Imaan.
                        "It is He who sent to an illiterate people a messenger from amongst themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and teaching them the Book and the wisdom even though before they were clearly in error." [Soorah al-Jumu`ah (62):2]

Comment

How does tying rocks to your stomach help? :scratch:

-Rashid
                          :hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
                            The Prophet s.a.w and the sahabah went for long periods without food, they tied stones to their stomachs to try to supress the hunger, when it was really bad.
                            Yes they went without food for long periods of time. If only we had unshakeable belief in Allah like that.

Comment

About the milk, Redmist,if Hazrat Abubakar r.a.was poor,he would not have been able to afford a servant to get him in the first place this kind of milk mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                              X