Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnivorous Plants

Salaam Alikum.

Does anyone collect carnivorous plants or is into them or anything? I've been in to carnivorous plants since 5th grade (about 8 years ago), and I currently have a collection on my porch. So far, I have:

Venus Fly Trap:

Purple Pitcher Plant:

Yellow Pitcher Plant:

Cape Sundew:

Forked Sundew:

Butterwort:

Anyone else into carnivorous plants? You can grow them just about anywhere. Especially the Cape Sundew.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: Carnivorous Plants

they look expensive.

Comment

Have tried growing a few venus flytraps but there isn't enough sunlight in the winter and no bugs then either
      I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by umar7 View Post
        they look expensive.

My entire collection cost about $50. You can go to a local garden store and get a Venus Fly Trap for around $5 (if you live in America. Not sure if they sell Venus Fly Traps in other parts of the world)
        Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
          Have tried growing a few venus flytraps but there isn't enough sunlight in the winter and no bugs then either
          Venus Fly Traps aren't supposed to grow in winter. They're supposed to be dormant, and if you force them into growing during the winter, you exhast and kill them. If you don't have bugs, don't worry. They get their natural food from the sun and water, and fertilizer if you have to.

Comment

Bump!!!!

Seriously, anyone else into them?

Comment

I really like them, especially the venus flytrap. I've had a few but they always die :(
              ..i have nothing else to say (for now) :D

Comment

Originally posted by Firdes View Post
                I really like them, especially the venus flytrap. I've had a few but they always die :(
                Try to pick some easy ones. Cape Sundew and Butterwort are easy ones that grow year round.

Comment

:inlove: Those look sooo beautiful! :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                    Try to pick some easy ones. Cape Sundew and Butterwort are easy ones that grow year round.
                    ur just sooo domesticated bro:D

Comment

Originally posted by Firdes View Post
                      mine too they always die i had a couple :( but then they didnt give any care instructions with the one i got , so maybe i did something wrong you`ll have to give us a few tips on caring for them bro wolfn please insha Allah, same with my bonsai too always die on me and loose all their leaves.
                      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                        mine too they always die i had a couple :( but then they didnt give any care instructions with the one i got , so maybe i did something wrong you`ll have to give us a few tips on caring for them bro wolfn please insha Allah, same with my bonsai too always die on me and loose all their leaves.
                        Here's a good place to get information:
                        http://californiacarnivores.com/inde...on=Custom&ID=3

The key is lots of water, humidity, and light.

Comment

I used to keep them when I lived in North Carolina. I would go out and find them in the wild there... mostly venus flytraps and pitchers.

Comment

no, I'm more into fly swatters and bug spray :embar:

Peace
                            3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                              The key is lots of water, humidity, and light.
                              And acidic soil. They eat bugs because in the wild their soil is so poor. If you fertilize them or give them soil that is too nutritious, they often will lose their bug eating leaves and end up looking like ordinary plants.

Comment

Working...
                              X