No announcement yet.

I'm probably getting roommates in college that aren't Muslim, and I'm worried

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm probably getting roommates in college that aren't Muslim, and I'm worried

Salaam Alikum.

I'm going to be staying at a dorm at college next month, and I probably won't get Muslim roommates. I've sent requests out, I've contacted Muslim Student Association (they still haven't responded), and the college says that they can't do anything about it. I'm worried about getting non-Muslim roommates because I'll have to get up around 5:30 am for Fajr, perform salaat, etc and I'm afraid that they'll get annoyed with me or something. I'm not embarrassed about this, but I'm afraid of their reactions.

Anyone know what I should do? Thanks.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: I'm probably getting roommates in college that aren't Muslim, and I'm worried

don't you usually have to wake up early to go to classes anyway. I know I wake up at 5 everyday to go to school(high school).

and you should find about if your college has a place where muslims on campus can get together to pray, but if all that fails. Then do what you got to do and pray, or go get an apartment of campus or something
    May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Re: I'm probably getting roommates in college that aren't Muslim, and I'm worried

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
      don't you usually have to wake up early to go to classes anyway. I know I wake up at 5 everyday to go to school(high school).

and you should find about if your college has a place where muslims on campus can get together to pray, but if all that fails. Then do what you got to do and pray, or go get an apartment of campus or something
      You go to class whenever you want. Some classes start at 5:00 pm. One of my classes is Saturday morning.

I'll see what happens.
      Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Is it not possible for you to change rooms at a later stage when your uni has started. The staff at uni may not be able to sort this out at the mo but they can sort these issues when the term begins.
        In the mean time whilst your there with your room mates you have the best oppertunity to do Da'wah and they could learn from you. :D

Insha'Allah.
        O son of Adam, indeed you are only but a number of days. Whenever a day passes, a part you leaves with it.
        " It is only because of Islam that we gained 'izzah' (honor, dignity, and pride), and if we seek 'izzah' outside of Islam, Allah will humiliate us."
        :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_Khalid View Post
          Is it not possible for you to change rooms at a later stage when your uni has started. The staff at uni may not be able to sort this out at the mo but they can sort these issues when the term begins.
          In the mean time whilst your there with your room mates you have the best oppertunity to do Da'wah and they could learn from you. :D

Insha'Allah.
          spot on...if there are other muslims assigned to rooms with non muslims, chances are that it won't be hard to get a non muslim to switch with you
          I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

I shre my dorm with all non-muslims up down left and right, theyz iz all non-muslim except 1 guy but hez a total pain anyway, dont worry about it, i get up 4 Fajr ect, theyv never minded just let them know when u move in and stuff, most of the ppl are guyz but its not really a problem, ul gt used 2it! Stop worrying! :up:
            What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

can't u get a single room?

Comment

I think you will have good neighbors in the room, everyone in the college will find new friends, if you have any problems, you can turn to the campus leadership. I think you will have good neighbors in the room, everyone in the college will find new friends, if you have any problems, you can turn to the campus leadership, you may have problems with assignments like this https://au.edusson.com/pay-for-assignment, I will be happy to help you with this, this is one of the most difficult tasks in college.
                Last edited by StephanieSterne; 13-02-19, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StephanieSterne View Post
                  I think you will have good neighbors in the room, everyone in the college will find new friends, if you have any problems, you can turn to the campus leadership.
                  This thread is 12 years old
                  Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas View Post

This thread is 12 years old
                    hahahahahahahahahahha maybe he's still deciding whether to take the room or not ahahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by IsaahM View Post

hahahahahahahahahahha maybe he's still deciding whether to take the room or not ahahahahah
                      Mskin i hope he has made more of his life lol
                      Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

ABC Assignment Help strive to meet the need of customized assignment help of students from Universities across Australia, UK, USA, Canada and New Zealand. With our team of enthusiastic and unwavering subject experts, you can be assured of high grades through quality assignments. We write every assignment from scratch making our services completely personalized and 100% unique in nature.

Get the best assignment help in Australia by PhD experts at affordable prices. Our assignment writing services are 100% risk free and are assured by 100% money back guarantee. Buy your assignment from us now!.

Comment

why do you think that the neighbors are not Muslims will be a problem?
                          horror genre

Comment

Originally posted by Lennywat View Post
                            why do you think that the neighbors are not Muslims will be a problem?
                            He just said that he will wake up for morning prayers and this will disturb his roommates!
                            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Working...
                            X