Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fath Al-Bari

[QUOTE=Qiyas;2005692]

when anyone tries to coreect his knowledge (i.e. hadhrat Isa is still alive)

And what is the correction anyone is trying to make in his knowledge?

If you deny the statement hadhrat Isa is still alive you will have to disprove it before calling it a correction in belief.
    And if your friend's husband or his mother stick to the belief that hadhrat Isa is still alive they have to prove where he is living and arrange for a few video clippiings on his whereabouts as a proof.

Can they prove that he is living on the surface of this earth, eating, drinking...sleeping and waking like humans/any other creatures on the surface of the earth?

Please get an answer to this from them before proceeding any further.
    Last edited by aboosait; 16-07-07, 02:30 AM.
    Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post
      And when my friend says to her husband's mother, that there is even a ahadith mentioning the return of hadhrat Isa in Saahih Al-Bukhari and in Saahih Muslim, the mother says that they are not mentioned in Saahih Bukhari.
      There are ahaadith saying Esa (Alayhis Salaam) will come back... Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki covers this pretty clearly in his series called The Hereafter as one of the signs of the Day of Judgement.
      "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

[QUOTE=aboosait;2007378]

And what is the correction anyone is trying to make in his knowledge?

If you deny the statement hadhrat Isa is still alive you will have to disprove it before calling it a correction in belief.
        And if your friend's husband or his mother stick to the belief that hadhrat Isa is still alive they have to prove where he is living and arrange for a few video clippiings on his whereabouts as a proof.

Can they prove that he is living on the surface of this earth, eating, drinking...sleeping and waking like humans/any other creatures on the surface of the earth?

Please get an answer to this from them before proceeding any further.

They don't believe that Hadhrat Isa (AS) is still alive. I have been trying to prove to the husband that he is.
        "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
        (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
          There are ahaadith saying Esa (Alayhis Salaam) will come back... Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki covers this pretty clearly in his series called The Hereafter as one of the signs of the Day of Judgement.
          They deny the existence of any Hadith referring to Hadhrat Isa's return, and claim that they are all fabricated.

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
          (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

They deny the existence of any Hadith referring to Hadhrat Isa's return, and claim that they are all fabricated.
            Rashid D says:

There are ahaadith saying Esa (Alayhis Salaam) will come back...
            Please pm him to send you the chain of narrations for your friend's husband. I Hope that will satisfy your friend if the chain of narrators is authentic.
            Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

Originally posted by aboosait View Post
              Rashid D says:

Please pm him to send you the chain of narrations for your friend's husband. I Hope that will satisfy your friend if the chain of narrators is authentic.
              The problem is that the Ahmadi's believe that the Ulema conspired to fabricate Ahadith, so whatever I show them, they won't believe.

(surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

The problem is that the Ahmadi's believe that the Ulema conspired to fabricate Ahadith, so whatever I show them, they won't believe.
                Please read my post #13.

Comment

I don't have individual isnaad/ sanads (chains of narration) for hadith, i only have the hadith i.e. last narrator and matn i think it's called which is basically the text of the hadith.
                  "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
                    I don't have individual isnaad/ sanads (chains of narration) for hadith, i only have the hadith i.e. last narrator and matn i think it's called which is basically the text of the hadith.
                    Perhaps the URL which I mentioned im post #3 might be of help. Please try.

Comment

A good Hadith commentary of Sahih Muslim which is in English is the one done by Abdul Hamid Siddiqi:

http://www.islamicbookstore.com/b9983.html

There, he's not only translated the Hadiths, but wrote his Hadith commentary in English.

There is another Sahih Muslim translation done by Nasiruddin al-Khattab, but I'm not sure if this includes commentary:

http://www.islamicbookstore.com/b9557.html

Fath Al-Bari I think is located in Arabic here:

http://hadith.al-islam.com/Loader.aspx?pageid=261

You could get someone who knows Arabic to translate a Hadith commentary of a Hadith

Comment

Salam,

This might be benificial for him in understanding:

1) The root Rafa' (Raised him up) has been used a number of times in the Holy Quran. Please click here to see a list of Aayats in the Holy Quran where this phrase has been used. Placing the cursor over the Aaayat will display its meaning. Please note that wherever, this verb is followed by the word Darajaat (meaning levels or status) only on those occasions it means raising in levels or status. In all other places it has the literal meaning i.e. raise up (e.g. raising up of Koh-e-toor, raising of foundations by Ibrahim alaihassalam ). In Surat Aal-e-Imran and Surat Al Nisa, both cases mentioning about the ascent of Issa alaih assalam, it is not followed by the word Darajat. It is plain as this. He must be knowing what is the difference between the two phrases; raise up, and raise up in darajaat /status.

2) Please click here for Hadith 3264 and here for Hadith 3265 with sanad ( Authentic narrations) and matan (Text of the Hadith) and Sharah (Commentry) in Fatah Al Bari. The text of these Ahadith in english can be found by clicking here and scrolling down at the bottom of the page (last two Ahadith in this page). These Ahadith are mutawatir in meaning. They have been collected by al-Bukhari and Muslim, as well as other traditionists.

May Allah guide the person to Islam. May Allah guide us all to the right path. Indeed, He is the one who gives guidance.

Wassalaam,
                        AbdulWahab

Jazzakh Allah Brother for all the information, truly Allaah is the most Merciful.

In regards to the husband, he is an ahmadi because his parents are. He believes what they believe, and when anyone tries to coreect his knowledge (i.e. hadhrat Isa is still alive) he turns to his mother, who says that Sunni Imaams decided to twist (or have mis-interpretated) certain aayah's from the Holy Qur'aan:

Suraah An-Nisaa verses 157-158

"And for their saying. We slew the Messiah. Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah', Whereas they slew him not and neither crucified him, but one was made like him for them. And those who are differing about him, certainly, they are in doubt regarding' him. They have not the least knowledge about it, but merely following a conjecture, and undoubtedly, they slew him' not.

But Allah raised him up towards Himself, and Allah is Dominant, Wise."

Here, his mother argues that the words "raised him up" are a mis-interpretation, because the arabic word mentioned in the Holy Qur'aan is Rafa (sp ?), which in every other case in the Qur'aan means higher status. Therefore it must have meant the same thing now.

And when my friend says to her husband's mother, that there is even a ahadith mentioning the return of hadhrat Isa in Saahih Al-Bukhari and in Saahih Muslim, the mother says that they are not mentioned in Saahih Bukhari.

Comment

its best to not translate books such as fathul bari into english and the like; they deserve to be read in their language with sound ilm.

Comment

Working...
                          X