Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scientists’ Comments on the Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran

Originally posted by .: hayat :. View Post
    now i read n wht if it is an "against" post,,, it happens like this usually,,, wht i posted is frm an islamic book i got frm a dawah center from saudy arabia n wht he posted seems like typical non-muslim argument to deny the truth,,,,
    Oh? And how are you going to express the validity of this truth, or the denial of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
      hayat,

You bumped a thread that was over a year old, I asked you why.

Maybe, it's a generational thing but your reply made no grammatical sense.

I'm really sorry but if you cannot make yourself understood with standard text, then either yourself or myself need further education.

Thanks
      what is your problem with me,,, i am ummah member by 2 years and people usually understand me well,, and i am not from England or something to know english perfectly but really some people say i know it well,,, and what if it is an old thread, it bothers you the fact i wanted to repost it? you asked "why" without saying why what,,, so from your silly question i couldn't understand what is your problem,,, hope your grammar make sense and wish you good look on writing in other threads, without being concerned why people make the thread or other silly things. so you need further education related to your behaviour concerning sisters who did nothing for you to criticise them,,, and i tried to write the entire words as i saw you need it ;) we usually type shorter words on ummah but seems that there are members who have a problem with understanding
      أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

Hayat

what is your problem with me
        I have absolutely no problem with you, it would be impossible for me to have an issue with you as I don’t know you.

Internet forums, this one perhaps more-so than others, attract an audience from all over the world. As such we all have to be forgiving when someone is posting in a language that is not their native tongue. At the same, time we all make mistakes in our written language, hey we’re only human.

But because we write for an international audience it’s important that we write to be understood, if you don’t wish to be understood then all that will be heard is just noise. I assume that we all want others to read and understand what we write, otherwise what’s the point of all these lovely letters.

Thanks
        AbuMubarak – The Fox News of Ummah.com, “fair and balanced”?

Comment

Hayat

I have absolutely no problem with you, it would be impossible for me to have an issue with you as I don’t know you.

Internet forums, this one perhaps more-so than others, attract an audience from all over the world. As such we all have to be forgiving when someone is posting in a language that is not their native tongue. At the same, time we all make mistakes in our written language, hey we’re only human.

But because we write for an international audience it’s important that we write to be understood, if you don’t wish to be understood then all that will be heard is just noise. I assume that we all want others to read and understand what we write, otherwise what’s the point of all these lovely letters.

Thanks
          i agree with ur post,,, but wht can i do if u did not understand me but others understood me a lot in 2 yrs??? n just ur sentence sounds bad,,, like u needed to insult me tht time,,,

Comment

i agree with ur post,,, but wht can i do if u did not understand me but others understood me a lot in 2 yrs??? n just ur sentence sounds bad,,, like u needed to insult me tht time,,,
            I think he means that you obviously have learned and understand english, but you would be much easier to understand if you fully wrote out all your words instead of using the dubbed "txt tlk".

That means writing
            'your' instead of 'ur'
            'what' instead of 'wht'
            'and' instead of 'n'
            'you' instead of 'u'
            and
            'that' instead of 'tht'
            'to' or 'too' instead of '2' (though 2 does work for 'two')

Yes, it takes a bit longer to write, but you'll be more easily understood. native english speakers over 30 are not accustomed to having all the vowels or so-called 'superfluous' letters in the language dropped. It makes it very difficult to read what is written and it can take so long just to understand the individual words that the meaning of the whole thing is lost.

So I'm sure he didn't mean to be insulting, he's just asking that you write in a bit more clear and common english, instead of dropping letters.
            Last edited by nomoreillusions; 26-07-08, 12:52 PM.
            I like to quote myself
            - nomoreillusions

Comment

NoMore,

Thanks very much for saying pretty much exactly what I would have said, only more clearly.

Hayat,

I apologise most sincerely if I came across as insulting, I can assure you that no insult was intended.

Clear and effective communication is something that we all need to constantly focus on; we all get it wrong sometimes. Hey we’re only human. But if we want others to both read and understand our posts then we at least owe them the effort make them comprehensible.

Again my apologies for any unintended insult.

Thanks
              AbuMubarak – The Fox News of Ummah.com, “fair and balanced”?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoreillusions View Post
                I think he means that you obviously have learned and understand english, but you would be much easier to understand if you fully wrote out all your words instead of using the dubbed "txt tlk".

That means writing
                'your' instead of 'ur'
                'what' instead of 'wht'
                'and' instead of 'n'
                'you' instead of 'u'
                and
                'that' instead of 'tht'
                'to' or 'too' instead of '2' (though 2 does work for 'two')

Yes, it takes a bit longer to write, but you'll be more easily understood. native english speakers over 30 are not accustomed to having all the vowels or so-called 'superfluous' letters in the language dropped. It makes it very difficult to read what is written and it can take so long just to understand the individual words that the meaning of the whole thing is lost.

So I'm sure he didn't mean to be insulting, he's just asking that you write in a bit more clear and common english, instead of dropping letters.
                Shukran :) Now i understand clearly what was wrong and inshallah i will try to write the words fully.

Comment

NoMore,

Thanks very much for saying pretty much exactly what I would have said, only more clearly.

Hayat,

I apologise most sincerely if I came across as insulting, I can assure you that no insult was intended.

Clear and effective communication is something that we all need to constantly focus on; we all get it wrong sometimes. Hey we’re only human. But if we want others to both read and understand our posts then we at least owe them the effort make them comprehensible.

Again my apologies for any unintended insult.

Thanks
                  I appologize too and inshallah i will try to make my posts easier for the others to read and understand too.

Comment

:)

Comment

Working...
                    X