Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do muslims not create their own businesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:
    I heard the Messenger of Allah, (ﷺ) say: When you enter into the inah transaction, hold the tails of oxen, are pleased with agriculture, and give up conducting jihad (struggle in the way of Allah). Allah will make disgrace prevail over you, and will not withdraw it until you return to your original religion.

Narrated Thawban:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: The people will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their dish. Someone asked: Will that be because of our small numbers at that time? He replied: No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be scum and rubbish like that carried down by a torrent, and Allah will take fear of you from the breasts of your enemy and last enervation into your hearts. Someone asked: What is wahn (enervation). Messenger of Allah (ﷺ): He replied: Love of the world and dislike of death.

(Both in Abu Dawud sahih by Albani)

That's the reasons we the ummah are being humiliated and are weak right now.
    Do you have the reference for these two hadith?
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

Do you have the reference for these two hadith?
      https://sunnah.com/abudawud:3462

https://sunnah.com/abudawud:4297

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
        Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:
        I heard the Messenger of Allah, (ﷺ) say: When you enter into the inah transaction, hold the tails of oxen, are pleased with agriculture, and give up conducting jihad (struggle in the way of Allah). Allah will make disgrace prevail over you, and will not withdraw it until you return to your original religion.
        Narrated Thawban:
        The Prophet (ﷺ) said: The people will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their dish. Someone asked: Will that be because of our small numbers at that time? He replied: No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be scum and rubbish like that carried down by a torrent, and Allah will take fear of you from the breasts of your enemy and last enervation into your hearts. Someone asked: What is wahn (enervation). Messenger of Allah (ﷺ): He replied: Love of the world and dislike of death.
        (Both in Abu Dawud sahih by Albani)
        That's the reasons we the ummah are being humiliated and are weak right now.
        These issues are all intertwined.
        Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

thats a bit ironic that you say working for non-muslims you won't deal with haram aspects. Doesn't it give opposite effect?

I've worked in place where muslims are minority it's hard at least for me. Is that what you meant?

and are you looking to grow a fintech company? I've come across some islamic businesses based on that, some thing I came across is like this -> check out Ethis on LinkedIn for example!

Not from UK though but still good to know some of it
          No because the non-muslim will deal with the haram aspects of the workplace while you can deal only with the halal.
          It can become an easy and comfortable lifestyle so those who are capable wont be driven to strive for any much more.
          It can seem harder for halal business to thrive in a haram environment - so many are put off

Not really getting into fintech but I'll look into this for sure

Comment

Originally posted by sky-ab View Post

No because the non-muslim will deal with the haram aspects of the workplace while you can deal only with the halal.
            It can become an easy and comfortable lifestyle so those who are capable wont be driven to strive for any much more.
            It can seem harder for halal business to thrive in a haram environment - so many are put off

Not really getting into fintech but I'll look into this for sure
            Oh I see thats interesting

Comment

I would

it would mean i could be my own boss

but i have to be realistic

Comment

If I got my health back, I'd want to run a small business and wouldn't want to go back to working for someone else. Spent all my working years working for non Muslims but in those days, the little issues and microaggressions didn't bother me as much as they would now. I'd rather not go back to that.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                  If I got my health back, I'd want to run a small business and wouldn't want to go back to working for someone else. Spent all my working years working for non Muslims but in those days, the little issues and microaggressions didn't bother me as much as they would now. I'd rather not go back to that.
                  working in the public sector doesnt feel like working for someone else

for example, in teaching or nhs or government

these jobs feel like you’re providing a service to the public instead of making a private company more wealthy

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

working in the public sector doesnt feel like working for someone else

for example, in teaching or nhs or government

these jobs feel like you’re providing a service to the public instead of making a private company more wealthy
                    I know what you're trying to say but I used to work in a school and now I feel the pressure for pushing more LGBT and gender diverse nonsense and being forced to use the wrong 'pronouns' for kids- I wouldn't want to work in a school anymore and I'd find that intolerable. Back when I worked in a school it was nowhere near that bad. I know people say there are Islamic schools but even a lot of them are going quite mainstream, I heard one held a disco and gets mixed classes of kids to dance together so 'Islamic ethos' can mean very different things depending where you are.

Also what I said about microaggressions can happen in NHS jobs as well. I've seen vids of black staff being talked down to and heard anecdotes about Asian Muslims feeling pressured to fit in and laugh at inappropriate jokes. I know some Muslim families whose sons became doctors and they regretted it and said we wish we'd been taught a trade or to run a business instead because of how they were treated by white colleagues. One of them took much longer than his white counterparts to even find a placement that would accept him cos he had a beard and prayed and this delayed his career progress and was very frustrating. I know you work for the NHS as well and it's probably not all bad or just a case of finding somewhere a bit better or learning to adjust a bit but anyway, I think if I had my health I'd just rather work for myself and not have to deal with that sort of thing.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

I know what you're trying to say but I used to work in a school and now I feel the pressure for pushing more LGBT and gender diverse nonsense and being forced to use the wrong 'pronouns' for kids- I wouldn't want to work in a school anymore and I'd find that intolerable. Back when I worked in a school it was nowhere near that bad. I know people say there are Islamic schools but even a lot of them are going quite mainstream, I heard one held a disco and gets mixed classes of kids to dance together so 'Islamic ethos' can mean very different things depending where you are.

Also what I said about microaggressions can happen in NHS jobs as well. I've seen vids of black staff being talked down to and heard anecdotes about Asian Muslims feeling pressured to fit in and laugh at inappropriate jokes. I know some Muslim families whose sons became doctors and they regretted it and said we wish we'd been taught a trade or to run a business instead because of how they were treated by white colleagues. One of them took much longer than his white counterparts to even find a placement that would accept him cos he had a beard and prayed and this delayed his career progress and was very frustrating. I know you work for the NHS as well and it's probably not all bad or just a case of finding somewhere a bit better or learning to adjust a bit but anyway, I think if I had my health I'd just rather work for myself and not have to deal with that sort of thing.
                      Yeah, I agree. I was just simply referring to the idea of working for someone else

But ye, even if you work in the public sector, there is every chance you will come across what you have described

ye, pronouns are becoming a big thing. You will see in a lot of peoples email signature (he/him) or (she/her)

i dont work in the nhs and have never worked in it, but i may do in the future. Who knows. Or maybe i should start me own business. But that is unrealistic

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X