Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Some Muslims Hate the Islamic Belief of the Necessity of a Caliphate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notEVOLVED
    replied
    https://twitter.com/AbdullaAndalusi/...60753266192385

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post

I thought this response to Sajid was good:
    Facebook
    interesting

what i find ironic is whenever you (not you generally speaking) talk about the fall of the caliphate all you seem to hear is that,
    they did shirk and were corrupt etc etc, so that means going against the islamic caliphate is A okay :/

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

Sajid has released 2 videos on Hizb ut-Tahrir with the latest one refuting snippets of Mazin's response. Surprisingly, brother Mazin hasn't responded or released any new videos on his channel despite immediately responding to Sajid's first video. Although I personally don't agree with either of their approaches and find myself more in the middle.
    I thought this response to Sajid was good:
    Facebook

Leave a comment:

• ອາໄສຢູ່ ຣາຮາມ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    neelu

You might find this discussion between YQ and Dilly Hussein interesting:

The entire video is worth listening to in my opinion but they address the issue of Khilafah at 1:25:45.

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post

I saw one of Sajid's vids and was very disappointed. He extensively quotes that other guy I think his name is Abdul Rahman Hasan who comes across more like Saudi Salafi- trash the concept of Khilafah and use every excuse to pretend that the status quo of the current munafiqeen rulers are legitimate in Islam and we're not even allowed to publicly admit they are wrong about anything. Comes across as they memorised a lot of hadiths to get where they are yet learned nothing from them. I've not heard what Mazin or anyone else has said about this.
    Sajid has released 2 videos on Hizb ut-Tahrir with the latest one refuting snippets of Mazin's response. Surprisingly, brother Mazin hasn't responded or released any new videos on his channel despite immediately responding to Sajid's first video. Although I personally don't agree with either of their approaches and find myself more in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Are you guys keeping up with Sajid Lipham's videos against Hizb ut-Tahrir and brother Mazin Abdul-Adhim? I'm guessing brother Mazin is going to issue a response sooner or later considering that he immediately refuted the first video on Sajid's channel. Personally, I disagree with both of their approaches and find myself somewhere in the middle due to various reasons.
    I saw one of Sajid's vids and was very disappointed. He extensively quotes that other guy I think his name is Abdul Rahman Hasan who comes across more like Saudi Salafi- trash the concept of Khilafah and use every excuse to pretend that the status quo of the current munafiqeen rulers are legitimate in Islam and we're not even allowed to publicly admit they are wrong about anything. Comes across as they memorised a lot of hadiths to get where they are yet learned nothing from them. I've not heard what Mazin or anyone else has said about this.

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan
    Latest inteview of Shaykh Yasir Qadhi with 5 Pillars

My Thoughts

Khilafah is Fard al-Kifayah - it doesn't matter whether someone believes it can be established or not, it is communally an obligation on us to establish it, and reward is in striving not results. His view on this actually harms those working towards Khilafah as the way he put it "they are doing something useless", which makes me think he does not believe it is Fard al-Kifayah (he mentioned at one point that he is not commenting on that - and I want to know why he doesn't want to open on what his view of the Khilafah is). Yes Khilafah is not this all-perfect utopia some imagine it to be. The historical Islamic states had their ups and downs. That honestly doesn't matter though - it is an unremovable part of Islam. We cannot just ignore it.

Also his mention of the prophecy of the three sons of the Khalifah - he really wasn't thinking on this point. He misquoted the Hadith at one point and suggested that these are three Khulafah themselves trying to use it to invalidate the Hadith of only one Khalifah. This is really bizarre. Why is attacking this so much such that he makes mistakes with his points? This does not seem like something he has thought through prior to the discussion.

I watched this video and particularly the last segment on Khilafah several times over the past few days. At 1:36:00 he mentioned how he doesn't consider it logistically possible but doesn't mix this with it being Fard al-Kifayyah. It would be great if he could make a separate video on the topic of establishing Khilafah in modern times, but it doesn't look like this will happen given his intention not to preach against others who are dedicated to that cause.

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Dr. Ovamir Anjum on the practicalities of Khilafah in modern times:

Leave a comment:

• Mohammad Ali
    replied
    Umar was Caliph but murdered, Usman was Caliph but murdered, Ali was Caliph but murdered. We don't need a Caliph.

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Interesting dialogue on the Khilafah at 01:25:45:

Muhammad Hasan

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Ovamir Anjum on Ibn Taymiyyah and the Khilafah:

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Excellent article on the Khilafah by Dr. Ovamir Anjum:

https://yaqeeninstitute.org/amp/ovam...-the-caliphate

Leave a comment:

• ອາໄສຢູ່ ຣາຮາມ
    replied
    Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan View Post
    I have always wondered who it is the future Muslims will ally with the Christians/Romans to fight against.

China perhaps?
    as of now ,
    Putin says China Russia relations stronger than ever before
    And he also says US Russia relations at the lowest

So it's not just China..
    It's US +EU on one side and China and Russia on the other.

China's amazing economy and technology
    Plus
    Russia's deterring military and diplomacy is what makes them formidable.

One can see the Eastern bloc emerging and even expanding.. China Russia Venezuela Cuba north Korea Iran Syria and adding

For a third bloc to emerge and not merely join either of the two requires
    loosening the grip that the superpowers have over their countries..
    Decreasing the influence of the superpowers on their foreign and defense policies.
    Complete and independent control of their assets and resources (which includes financial reserves , oil gas, trade routes )

As for the future fight hadith , the question is
    why exactly will the Muslims Ally with rum?

Will they be compelled to the alliance ?

Who will have the upper hand in the alliance?
    ​​​​​​

There is also a mention of sulh in the hadith..
    What does it tell about the relations of Muslim-rum in that time?

Why rum would ally with Muslims and not the third power?

Will the third power be a threat?

Threat to rum or Muslims primarily?

The hadith also tells that a dispute arises after the alliance gains victory over the third power..

Again, what does this tell about the relations with each other..?

Will the relations be strained?

If yes, then again ,will the alliance be compelled?

Compelled in the sense lack of option.. fighting a bigger evil..tactic diplomacy..part of a larger strategy.

Leave a comment:

• ອາໄສຢູ່ ຣາຮາມ
    replied
    Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan View Post

Interesting, I've never considered this.

The issue we have had so far is there is no state that really rivals the US since the cold war. A rising Chinese superpower might destablise world politics enough to allow for the entrance of a third player into the world arena.

If the Muslims do not take the opportunity though, that third player could be someone else.
    They are rising to the occasion..
    just not from where we would have expected them.

The key is to make blocs of countries with commonly allied interests wherein mutual respect and trust is lasting.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X