Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is our next generation becoming shameless and disrespectful day-by-day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is our next generation becoming shameless and disrespectful day-by-day?

I went to visit my brother. My nieces shared their bedroom with me. It is nice that they wear hijab and pray regularly.

However, while staying with them in the same room, I found a issue very shocking and unacceptable about them. Both of them do not feel embarrassed to change their clothes in front of me or any other persons around them. I found it very disgusting and inappropriate, particularly because both of them are fully grown-up persons (one of them is 22 and another one is 19 years old). I advised them to stop their shameless behavior. Since then they did not change in front of me, but later I found that they kept changing their clothes in front of one another. That is they did not listen to my advice properly.

Since then I have become very worried and upset about them. It seems like they just ignored my advice. Is our next generation becoming shameless and disrespectful day-by-day?

How should I guide them properly? Could you please give me some advice?

Originally posted by Aatifa_79 View Post
    I went to visit my brother. My nieces shared their bedroom with me. It is nice that they wear hijab and pray regularly.

However, while staying with them in the same room, I found a issue very shocking and unacceptable about them. Both of them do not feel embarrassed to change their clothes in front of me or any other persons around them. I found it very disgusting and inappropriate, particularly because both of them are fully grown-up persons (one of them is 22 and another one is 19 years old). I advised them to stop their shameless behavior. Since then they did not change in front of me, but later I found that they kept changing their clothes in front of one another. That is they did not listen to my advice properly.

Since then I have become very worried and upset about them. It seems like they just ignored my advice. Is our next generation becoming shameless and disrespectful day-by-day?

How should I guide them properly? Could you please give me some advice?

Dear Sister,

From your post, a few things are unclear.

However, maybe you can tell them more strictly about the issue.
    Last edited by tania_1989; 09-09-20, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullah ā€ˇ
      If they are religious, they should at least know not to change in front of each other. Have you told them this?
      Yes, brother. I have told them that. Could you please give me some advice about how to approach them about this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by tania_1989 View Post

Dear Sister,

From your post, a few things are unclear. You mentioned that they changed in front of other persons. Do they change in front of male persons? Or only in front of female persons?

Did they only change their tops in front of you? Or the bottoms as well?

Only in front of female persons.

No, they did not change their bottoms in front of me. Only tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullah ā€ˇ

Tell them Islam puts modesty at the highest level. It's one of the signs of purity. As I mentioned earlier, if they take the Deen seriously, they should refrain from what they've done more or less immediately.
          In my opinion they are not breaking any rules. The awrah of a muslim woman in front of another muslim woman is from navel to knee. And the girls are changing their tops only.

However I am not an expert. So I could be wrong though.

Comment

I showed the following post reply last night to one of my nieces:
            "If they are religious, they should at least know not to change in front of each other."

But, she is still debating with me. She is trying to defend herself by posting against the above-mentioned post under the user name "Sun_Moon". Is it possible to block/deactivate her account in this forum?

It would be great if you could help me regarding this issue.
            Last edited by Aatifa_79; 10-09-20, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aatifa_79 View Post
              I showed the following post reply last night to one of my nieces: "If they are religious, they should at least know not to change in front of each other." But, she is still debating with me. She is trying to defend herself by posting against the above-mentioned post under the user name "Sun_Moon". Is it possible to block/deactivate her account in this forum? It would be great if you could help me regarding this issue.
              A muslim womans awrah in front of other muslim women is from the navel to the knee. You said they aren't changing their bottom half, just the top half.

This is permissible in Islam. They're doing nothing wrong.

You are projecting your personal laws/views onto them. They're not there to obey you and your opinions. You're not their creator. You seem to be a very controlling person. You can't control their permissible actions.

You're even trying to get them banned from giving their opinions on this site. That's crazy and super controlling.

You're trying to censor them.

They are grown women, stop trying to control them. You are not their parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Moon View Post

In my opinion they are not breaking any rules. The awrah of a muslim woman in front of another muslim woman is from navel to knee. And the girls are changing their tops only.

However I am not an expert. So I could be wrong though.
                You're correct, ur aunt is wrong.

Comment

1000000000000%

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                    X