I’d like to see a therapist/psychiatrist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I’d like to see a therapist/psychiatrist

As-salamu alaykum. I have been suffering mentally and emotionally for the longest time now, and was taken advantage of at a very low point in my life for the past year or so, which made things even worse for me. Somehow, even though I don’t think I deserved any mercy, Allah thankfully helped me get out of a horrible situation. Now I’m trying to be the best version of myself that I can be, but my mental health is dragging me down. I saw a therapist a couple of times in the past year but she wasn’t muslim, and a lot of things went over her head so it wasn’t very helpful. Am I allowed to look for a female muslim psychiatrist or therapist to get help? And does anyone know if there’s any way I can do this anonymously? I was wondering if I was vaguely allowed to disclose certain past sins/events in order to get better help and advice on my situation. I’ve truly been trying to seek refuge in Allah and religious practice, but I feel so helpless not being able to get out of bed on most days. I believe that God wants what’s best for me, and I want to get the help I need.

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
    i suggest you try doing some voluntary worship assuming you are maintaining your daily fard prayers on time including fajr . try to do some sunnah prayers or you can do as much as you can of night prayers and read from the quran it dosent matter how much you read each rakka but im sure it will make you feel better inshaeallah . you can also try voluntary fasting each monday and thursday and if u can do beter then add 3 white days of each lunar month to that and if you want more you can try fasting of daoud .you should also try doing some ruqya on yourself and it will help you inshaeallah
    if you dont know how to do ruqya you can watch the last video in this playlist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Gj...HOTXGWm7cCC4rL

Comment

Originally posted by vertigogh View Post
      As-salamu alaykum. I have been suffering mentally and emotionally for the longest time now, and was taken advantage of at a very low point in my life for the past year or so, which made things even worse for me. Somehow, even though I don’t think I deserved any mercy, Allah thankfully helped me get out of a horrible situation. Now I’m trying to be the best version of myself that I can be, but my mental health is dragging me down. I saw a therapist a couple of times in the past year but she wasn’t muslim, and a lot of things went over her head so it wasn’t very helpful. Am I allowed to look for a female muslim psychiatrist or therapist to get help? And does anyone know if there’s any way I can do this anonymously? I was wondering if I was vaguely allowed to disclose certain past sins/events in order to get better help and advice on my situation. I’ve truly been trying to seek refuge in Allah and religious practice, but I feel so helpless not being able to get out of bed on most days. I believe that God wants what’s best for me, and I want to get the help I need.
      Contact your local Masjid, see if anyone knows any female therapists or psychiatrists. There might not be one in your city or area but there might be one in a local area/town. You could talk to her over the phone if you manage to get her phone number.

Alternatively look on the net for muslim counselors (female). Im sure you should be able to find someone .
      'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

Walaikum Salam

May Allah help you, bless you with happiness wherever you go and positive thoughts, make you strong and help you see clear. ameen

if you're from london, east london mosque does have links to some councellors i think, if you speak at the desk on the women's floor in maryam centre, you should also see your GP because not being able to do basic daily things is a sign of depression, they can help you

https://inspiritedminds.org.uk/ - you can talk to these people, they are a mental health charity for muslims - i went to one of their charity dinners years ago, suleiman ghani was there, that hamza tzortzis guy was there, they're legit

Comment

walaykum salam,

I don't know where you're based but in London I've heard there's "Solace", an organisation run by Muslims who offer counselling. Also in East London I know an alim who offers a counselling service. I think it might be called al madad outreach but anyway his name is Moinul Abu Hamza and his wife is an alimah and they offer services for sisters and couples as well.

The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Therapist for what? Depression?

Comment

Working...
            X