This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a wig be a hijab?

I was talking to some black sisters who don't wear Hijab and was asking them why. They said that because they are wearing wigs, it is not their own hair which is being shown and it is more like a piece of wool or fur cloth on their head. So it is the same as wearing a hijab. I told them that I thought wigs and hair extensions were haram but they said this is just racist people saying things to make lives hard for black sisters.

Is it ok for black sisters to wear wigs because of the way their hair grows or do they have to keep the natural hair they have without trying to change or straighten it?

I'm pretty sure wigs are haram and dying your hair black is as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post
      I'm pretty sure wigs are haram and dying your hair black is as well?
      I heard red is allowed as a dye colour but not black.

Comment

Originally posted by Nabihah.C View Post

I heard red is allowed as a dye colour but not black.
        If you don't mind me asking are you black? Because i also thought it was racist to point out some ones skin colour

Comment

If you don't mind me asking are you black? Because i also thought it was racist to point out some ones skin colour
          No, I'm not. Is black a racist word? I don't think so. Is it racist where you are?

Comment

No, I'm not. Is black a racist word? I don't think so. Is it racist where you are?
            I'm not black. And feel a bit uncomfortable saying the word black?

​​​

Comment

I'm not black. And feel a bit uncomfortable saying the word black?​​​
              Why? Do you have many black friends? My social circle is more than half black and black is a normal word. You hear it on the news, at work, everywhere. It wouldn't be called black lives matter if it was an offensive word.

Comment

Why? Do you have many black friends? My social circle is more than half black and black is a normal word. You hear it on the news, at work, everywhere. It wouldn't be called black lives matter if it was an offensive word.
                Okay. Cool

Comment

this is what the jews did, they used wigs as hijab

are we wanting to follow the people of the book into EVERY lizard hole?
                  .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                  نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

where did you see race in the mention of a black wig?
                    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

I think they still do which is why I wasn't sure if it was ok or not.

Comment

where did you see race in the mention of a black wig?
                        She said black sisters.

Comment

Really?

I had no idea

The story of the fish was what came to my mind instead

Comment

Was visiting my brother in golders green when first came across this, my brother who lived there explained they were wearing wigs, 'to cover their hair' and responded back how they were twisting the verses of Allah to suit their needs.

No it's not something allowed. It's like wearing skin tight clothing to say you are covered. It's rediculous and trying to claim it's some sort of anti-black thing is just going to put people's backs up as they're using their blackness and being victimised for that to attempt to change Allah's religion and they need to fear Allah.
                            FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                              It's rediculous and trying to claim it's some sort of anti-black thing is just going to put people's backs up as they're using their blackness and being victimised for that to attempt to change Allah's religion and they need to fear Allah.
                              That's very interesting. I will tell them this. Not sure how they will react tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X