Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Islamic Approaches in different situations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Using Islamic Approaches in different situations.

Originally posted by Raziel View Post
    Salam bro,

number 4 was Just My argument though... :)

but I would like to ask you this again ...

IF we assumed smoking was permissible,

why make one slow acting Poisonous Drug Halal, and another Faster acting Poisonous one (ie. Coke, Heroine) Haram ?

what kind of justification would that be if you allowed a person to Slowly Poison himself/herself?

it is Haram because of the aforementioned reasons, but as you said You are Unsure...

kindly explain to me How Smoking doesn't contribute to ones Destruction...

are you saying that Smoking doesn't cause fatal Diseases?

How come the Manufacturers unanimously admit that it does then?

:jkk:
    Read my post again mate - I cleary stated that smoking does cause fatal disaes, it is self-destructive, it may well be haraam - so I pretty much agree with you. I just disagree a bit in whether and how we should talk to smoker-friends about it.

I dont know if Islam differentiates between different drugs as to how bad they were so Im not going to pretend I do. However, I would say that if a friend was taking coke or heroin I would much more urgently seek to stop him - not only would it be haraam, its very destructive and in heroin's case, for many user's there's no going back. They might require serious rehabilitiation, it afffect everything in their daily lives, they might get fired from work, they might OD, they might catch AIDS from needles, it's illegal...but thankfuly I know that none of my friends are not stupid enough to do either. SO yeah, Islamically they may or may not be a distinction between the level of 'haraamness' of drugs, but it does make a difference as to how Id approach the subject with a friend, if they were taking it.

It gets more complicated though even when talking about medicinal drugs. People in severe pain are often given small doses of methadone on which they become dependent - is that haraam? Similarly, cannabis really helps some people cope with smaller levels of pain. What about a depressed person who has become dependent upon Prozac?

Drug classification, ismlamically and legally is a subject full of grey areas.

Edit: Dont mean to hijack the thread, btw, so ignore these musings
    Last edited by Radiohead; 12-05-07, 01:17 PM. Reason: realised Ive turned Bint's thread into a self-indulgent bunch of musings about drugs

囧

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
      Read my post again mate - I cleary stated that smoking does cause fatal disaes, it is self-destructive, it may well be haraam - so I pretty much agree with you. I just disagree a bit in whether and how we should talk to smoker-friends about it.

I dont know if Islam differentiates between different drugs as to how bad they were so Im not going to pretend I do. However, I would say that if a friend was taking coke or heroin I would much more urgently seek to stop him - not only would it be haraam, its very destructive and in heroin's case, for many user's there's no going back. They might require serious rehabilitiation, it afffect everything in their daily lives, they might get fired from work, they might OD, they might catch AIDS from needles, it's illegal...but thankfuly I know that none of my friends are not stupid enough to do either. SO yeah, Islamically they may or may not be a distinction between the level of 'haraamness' of drugs, but it does make a difference as to how Id approach the subject with a friend, if they were taking it.

It gets more complicated though even when talking about medicinal drugs. People in severe pain are often given small doses of methadone on which they become dependent - is that haraam? Similarly, cannabis really helps some people cope with smaller levels of pain. What about a depressed person who has become dependent upon Prozac?

Drug classification, ismlamically and legally is a subject full of grey areas.

Edit: Dont mean to hijack the thread, btw, so ignore these musings
      you concur that it is self-destructive and poisonous, yet you say it may well be Haram? :scratch:

read...

Al-Quran, Chapter 2 : Verse 195
      -------------------------------
      "And spend of your substance in the cause of Allah, and make not your own hands contribute to (your) destruction; but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good."

How is that you can say Maybe, when self-destructive acts are Prohibited explicitly? :scratch:

wheres the gray area here? does it say self-destruction is permissible? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Raziel View Post
        you concur that it is self-destructive and poisonous, yet you say it may well be Haram? :scratch:

read...

Al-Quran, Chapter 2 : Verse 195
        -------------------------------
        "And spend of your substance in the cause of Allah, and make not your own hands contribute to (your) destruction; but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good."

How is that you can say Maybe, when self-destructive acts are Prohibited explicitly? :scratch:

wheres the gray area here? does it say self-destruction is permissible? :scratch:

I can't be bothered to research into whether or not smoking is haraam, which is why I didn't make a judgement either way. My post was about how you go about the situation if someone is smoking, which incidentally, is what the thread is about too. How Id go about the situation probably wouldn't be affected by whether I knew if it was haraam or not.

Feel free though to keep pretending Im debating with you :up:
        Last edited by Radiohead; 12-05-07, 04:00 PM.

囧

Comment

Salaam

SCENARIO ONE

To your scenaria. (1) I would get my wife to talk to you if she was with me to give you dawah. (2) OR If i was alone I wouldn't give you dawah because depending on the situation a man and a woman cannot be alone because then it will fall under free mixing and espeacially when it look soo apparent. (3) As a Muslim, it's not allowed to speak vile against your brothers or sisters in Islam, so a practising brother or sister wouldn't even think about saying that.

SCENARIO TWO

I would give dawah, (one of the techniques in giving dawah is to be kind and nice), and tell him what Islam says about harming our selfs in any form.

SCENARIO THREE

I would use the same tactic as scenario 2, and tell him what Islam says about the musical instruments in Islam.
          Last edited by Al-Muhaajiroun; 12-05-07, 04:06 PM.
          Sura:5:19 (Both) The Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah, and his beloved." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)"

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
            I can't be bothered to research into whether or not smoking is haraam, which is why I didn't make a judgement either way. My post was about how you go about the situation if someone is smoking, which incidentally, is what the thread is about too. How Id go about the situation probably wouldn't be affected by whether I knew if it was haraam or not.

Feel free though to keep pretending I'm debating with you :up:
            hmmm.... I could swaer Allah subhana Uta'ala tells us to reason/think/ponder ...

anyway your choice...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X