Detaching from the dunya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detaching from the dunya

I'm struggling dealing with detachment. I've recently started putting islam first and I've detached from my previous life but I'm now struggling with loneliness and loss of money and life.

I've cut myself off from all my friends because they were drug dealers/users and violent people.
    I've stopped competing in amateur boxing because they make you shave your beard.
    A lot of the work I got was through people in the boxing gym. Thats the only place that people show me any respect.
    I just got sacked from a factory job because I went off to pray when manager said I had to wait. This seems to be a big problem in these factory and warehouse jobs.
    I have no social circle left at all. Like I have no one to speak to or any connections to help with getting work. And my history is very bad so getting even basic jobs is a big problem unless I know someone personally.

I'm unemployed and my whole day is just based around prayer and getting ready for prayer. I've never felt so isolated and alone.

Allah is testing you to see how you will do

The life of a true believer is full of struggles

How long did your manager tell you to wait?

That's why i hate jobs, you have to listen to what your boss tells you - they have some ego thinking they own the company they are probs only earning a little more than you!

Cutting friends, quitting boxing gym all that was good. and if your manager stopped you from praying then what you did was right

start looking for jobs brother

it's better to have no social cirlce than have a haram one

forget about your history nobody is perfect - yes people will judge you based on your past but that's natural

but just forget about them

in the mean time you can learn arabic here: start with this video

this is the same course that students in university of madinah - the best islamic university in the world - learn when they come there

lesson 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKv_afOpIiw

Comment

Originally posted by GetPiousOrDieTryin View Post
      Allah is testing you to see how you will do

The life of a true believer is full of struggles

How long did your manager tell you to wait?

That's why i hate jobs, you have to listen to what your boss tells you - they have some ego thinking they own the company they are probs only earning a little more than you!

Cutting friends, quitting boxing gym all that was good. and if your manager stopped you from praying then what you did was right

start looking for jobs brother

it's better to have no social cirlce than have a haram one

forget about your history nobody is perfect - yes people will judge you based on your past but that's natural

but just forget about them

in the mean time you can learn arabic here: start with this video

this is the same course that students in university of madinah - the best islamic university in the world - learn when they come there

lesson 1:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKv_afOpIiw
      Ok thanks for the words . She wanted me to wait until everyone else had their break which was a couple hours away. I tried to ask her to have my break now or just take however long I was off for off my paycheck but she wasn't having any of it. So I just went off to a corner and prayed. Most jobs aren't like this but the atmosphere and rules in these factories is generally awful. And at the moment they are the only jobs I can get.

I have problems in school and with police in history because I feel like they are only acting andnsoeakign a certain way because of their position of authority. Like speaking down to you or dehumanizing you almost. I have to say something to them because if I don't I'll be thinking about it for weeks. I have to work on this maybe because it gets me in lot of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Badrharitziyech View Post

Ok thanks for the words . She wanted me to wait until everyone else had their break which was a couple hours away. I tried to ask her to have my break now or just take however long I was off for off my paycheck but she wasn't having any of it. So I just went off to a corner and prayed. Most jobs aren't like this but the atmosphere and rules in these factories is generally awful. And at the moment they are the only jobs I can get.

I have problems in school and with police in history because I feel like they are only acting andnsoeakign a certain way because of their position of authority. Like speaking down to you or dehumanizing you almost. I have to say something to them because if I don't I'll be thinking about it for weeks. I have to work on this maybe because it gets me in lot of trouble.
        inshaAllah you come out of this situation brother

Comment

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
          1you are better of without having such friends and filling your time with learning about your religion
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvde...reX63b0k5yZpwl
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J56Q...Ffp6s33dTvABqT
          2you can learn and practice other martial arts where you dont need to shave your beard or get hit in the face
          3you will never please people but you can allway please allah
          4before you sign for a job you must ask them if they will allow you prayer break inshaeallah you will find someone who agree besides it not 30 min it just 5 min
          5it better not to have friends than have bad company that willl take you far away from worshiping allah
          6keep searching ofr a job and know that it allah who provides rizk for all of us

Comment

https://productivemuslim.com/zuhd-an...erism-culture/

Comment

Working...
            X