Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I allowed to change my top in front of my cousin-sisters or aunties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
    Modesty is always a good virtue to have, sister. Hayaa is not found in anything except that it beautifies it.

If you come across conflicting views, it's always better to chose taqwa over fatwa. In this case, chose the path of a higher degree of modesty.

You may have done things believing to be correct once, but now that you know you could have been wrong, it would be better if you avoid doing it in the future.

Personally, I find it a bit odd how one can be comfortable changing one's top in front of another female, no matter how close you're to her.

There are women in this day and age who do not even expose their hair around other Muslim women.

I've been married for 7 years and I've never seen my MIL's hair to date, inspite of us having lived together under one roof for long durations. She always closes the door of her room when she combs her hair or changes into an abaya/other outfits, such that when she comes out, she always has her hair covered.
    Dear sister "Bright Glow",

I agree with sister ~TwinklingStar~. I have found her answer pretty convincing. Particularly this statement - "If you come across conflicting views, it's always better to chose taqwa over fatwa. In this case, chose the path of a higher degree of modesty."

I have seen your post. You have mentioned about the situation of your bedroom. I can understand your situation and it is not very easy to deal with.

However, my personal suggestion would be - if the bathroom is not easily accessible, please go to a corner of your bedroom, turn your back, cover your breasts with a large piece of cloth, and then change your top. Or you may place a special curtain in your room so that one can go behind the curtain and change their clothes comfortably.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X