Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the general consensus on female circumcision in Islam? (adult stuff ahead)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the general consensus on female circumcision in Islam? (adult stuff ahead)

I am a muslim male who of course is circumcised, and I've been researching a lot on the topic because I saw something that scared me, showing the risks of circumcision and all that. I honestly don't think I'll let the doctors circumcise my future (insha allah) son because I believe its a decision he should make for himself, and I've looked at my own penis(this might be the incorrect place to discuss such a taboo subject, plz tell me if so, im new to these forums) and I'm pretty sure my circumcision was done poorly, it looks "shaved"(/cut?) more on the right than the left by a small but noticeable amount. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it doesn't look even and I don't think theres a way to "fix" it so im basically stuck with a slightly messed up penis which I've accepted I guess. But none of this is relevant to the title, I am asking about female circumcision because I've accepted that the rules on male circumcision are set in stone. What do the majority of muslims think about it? Is it accepted or rejected? The WHO regards it as genital mutilation because you are basically shaving off part of the reproductive system and greatly reducing female pleasure. I've also heard that muslims do it differently and they cut the prepuce, but I don't know much about female anatomy so I don't even know what that is or what cutting it off implicates. Again, if this is the wrong place for a type of thread then please tell me.

I've also heard that circumcision of any kind is haram in islam because this verse "We have indeed created man in the best of moulds" (Quran 95:4) and this verse "And most certainly I will lead them astray and excite in them vain desires, and bid them so that they shall slit the ears of the cattle, and most certainly I will bid them so that they shall alter Allah´s creation; and whoever takes the Shaitan for a guardian rather than Allah he indeed shall suffer a manifest loss." (4:119) which basically hints that Allah has already made us perfect and people who alter that perfection listen to shaitan. Im just playing devils advocate, but I think it is important for us to question our belief if we want to get a stronger understanding of it.

Comment

also this: https://www.who.int/sexual-and-repro...tal-mutilation I also read an article that says men lose tons of sensitivity from circumcision.

Comment

"When the pain subsides, it is far from all better. The girls in the classroom don't know that removing part of their clitoris not only endangers their health but reflects deep-rooted attitudes that women do not have the right to control their own sexuality. The physical risks alone include infection, haemorrhage, scarring, urinary and reproductive problems, and death. When Yarsi University researchers interviewed girls aged 15-18 for their 2010 study, they found many were traumatised when they learned their genitals had been cut during childhood. They experienced problems such as depression, self-loathing, loss of interest in sex and a compulsive need to urinate." also this

Comment

the islamic way of doing female circumsision is reducing the size if the clitoris as for you i dont think your circumsision was done wrong those might be thoughts of the shaytan
          - اخْفِضِي ولا تُنْهِكِي ، فإنَّهُ أنْضَرُ للوَجْهِ ، وأحْظَى عند الزَّوْجِ

الراوي : الضحاك بن قيس | المحدث : الألباني | المصدر : صحيح الجامع

الصفحة أو الرقم: 236 | خلاصة حكم المحدث : صحيح
          hadith sharh https://dorar.net/hadith/sharh/68775
          and allah knows best

Comment

Originally posted by AQW8182 View Post
            I am a muslim male who of course is circumcised, and I've been researching a lot on the topic because I saw something that scared me, showing the risks of circumcision and all that. I honestly don't think I'll let the doctors circumcise my future (insha allah) son...
            Surprise surprise.

This guy supports mass surveillance - which mainly targets Muslims - and now he's speaking against established Islamic practices.

Comment

Originally posted by AQW8182 View Post
              I've also heard that circumcision of any kind is haram in islam...
              Post the source. I bet it's someone stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza1416 View Post
                as for you i dont think your circumsision was done wrong
                How can you know, we haven't seen it. By the description it sounds botched. I've heard of cases where it has gone wrong. It does go wrong.

But it is a requirement for men. Not so sure for women.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X