Tyler Perry's Ruthless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Perry's Ruthless

Tyler Perry, renowned black American media producer and writer, strikes again. Most of his productions paint the black community in a bad light. He writes a lot about black men cheating on their wives and black women being on drugs, being neglectful mothers, and having children out of wedlock. It's not a step up from the racist minstrel shows of the past which depicted black people as stupid, uncivilized savages.

Anyways he's recently come out with a TV-MA rated drama about a woman in a cult. As a self respecting ADOS (American Descendant of Slaves) I dont watch his senseless content but the adverts for the show caught my attention.

A woman is on the show's advertisement wearing a jilbab. I was disturbed and thought I had to have been mistaken. The show is about a sex cult with a false prophet that speaks a language similar to Hebrew and sometimes Arabic. The cult adherents wear jilbabs and thobes. The mean also grow facial hair like in sunnah. The people are perverts, misogynists of the worst kind, and psychopaths. The cult leader is called The Highest. The cult leader started the religion and converted people in prison- similar to how many blacks and latinos revert to Islam in prison.

All of this makes me disgusted. I'm tired of Tyler Perry, his horrible writing, and tasteless plotlines. He is a disgrace to the black community.

SubhanAllah. Just finished watching the trailer. Pure Dajjalism (Dajjalic principle #3 to be specific). Their Messianic figure even has a Dajjalic persona about him as well.

Hopefully members of the African American Muslim community will take a stand against this attempt to further sexualize the image of the Hijab in Western culture.

Comment

I read what people said about it and they mentioned that he based this off of the Black Hebrew Israelites.
      Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

They said the fact that they are black, wear the color purple, cover their hair, wear thobes, grow their beards, etc., points towards that cult.

But I don't think women with that group wear jilbab, though.
        Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
          They said the fact that they are black, wear the color purple, cover their hair, wear thobes, grow their beards, etc., points towards that cult.

But I don't think women with that group wear jilbab, though.
          The women apart of that dont even wear hijab fulltime. Most wear scarves to pray and that's it. And only a few hebrew Israelites do the cult, compound lifestyle stuff. Theres a Hebrew Israelite niqabi look her up on youtube and she's pretty normal and very God fearing. Too many elements of the show pull from Islam such as the way the characters dress and stuff. But yeah I think it's a dramatic depiction of the Hebrew Israelites. I think they're cultish but they aren't perverts like the show depicts.

Comment

Yeah his movies are one terrible stereotype after another.

Comment

Oh, is it real?

Comment

Why do I feel that this is what the Dajjal is going to set up - remember munafiqs are people who aren't easy to recognize physically.

I had one dream where Dajjal was leading a group of young women into a new age cult - he made them accept sexual openness but they were made to be passive about this situation

However, in the middle of the cult there was a women with a lilac jilbab and she was already a part of the group.

I somehow broke into the cult's house and preached to them the truth about the Sunnah.... and how the Prophet Muhammad PBUH was the opposite of the dajjal and all of his deception

I was not accepting of any of the cult and what they stood for or practised in secret...

Be wary of all of his deceit about religion, it will be difficult but, remember that Islam is about moderation and the Dajjal is a trial, its not clear what he will bring except trickery

If you accept your deen and its central teachings, then its better than dajjalism
                Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 04-05-20, 03:01 PM.
                Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 06-05-20, 06:51 AM.

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

Can someone give me some perspective on what these events meant? The events above?

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                      Do you not think this is happening right now? AmantuBillahi .khayriyyah. cho09082489 caramelancholy
                      No. Not as I know.

Comment

Last edited by cho09082489; 06-05-20, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post

Must be disturbing, having these experiences. Did you see any trusted and knowledgable people about these?? . ..and what did they say?

Also Laila....is there a chance that this could be something that's happening in the brain and possibly meaningless?....might medical advice help prevent/ reduce these occurences and allow you peace?
                          Maybe, can you delete this post and I'll delete mine sis

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X