Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rat on a rat

:salams

You know a certain person is a dealer. Would you rat on him without him knowing?

If it was a muslim dealing would it make a difference to you going to the cops?

If it was a nonmuslim dealing would it make a difference?

Rat on a rat - is an initiative where people are given small rewards from coppers if they give info abt dealers which leads to a conviction. Is it a good thing for a muslim to snitch on who the local dealer is and when a deal is going down?

Your thoughts please
    Rajab is a month of cultivation

Re: Rat on a rat

personally, i wudnt get involved they have contacts and[ can easily find[ out whos been snitching and[ gets messy, and you get into a situation where ure comepletly innocent yet in jail. u made the cops happy, got the guys angry and [ure going down.

what im saying is its best not to get mixed up in this, lessaize faire.in this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post

You know a certain person is a dealer. Would you rat on him without him knowing?

Rat on a rat - is an initiative where people are given small rewards from coppers if they give info abt dealers which leads to a conviction. Is it a good thing for a muslim to snitch on who the local dealer is and when a deal is going down?

Your thoughts please
      dont know hmmmm id be inclined to give him a good beating but ratting on him to cops ... dont know... need to ask an alim whether its permissible or not....

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Your thoughts please
        Muslim or not if i knew someone who's a dealer, i sort the guy out myself, than go to some cop. Dont trust cops man, some of dem worse than the dealers. And what can the cops do about it, lock him out, beat him, wont make a diff, they'l probbaly come out and carry on dealing.

Comment

There are two issues on my mind:

1. putting a muslim in the hands of police which is something I dont really incline to but then we have to look at what is the greater good. Is it better for one to be handed over to save his fitnah being spread amongst the rest of the muslims?

2. in the case of a non-muslim then I wouldnt have an issue with going to the police - but with the muslim its about balancing wherein lies the greatest good. Is it better to try and sort it out in our own way or is it best to take away one corruptor to save the rest from his corruption?

A beating is all gud and fair - but these things are short term solutions and dont solve the problem because as bint said these people have their own dodgy links and also a gud scrap in this instance wont stop him dealing - trust on that.

Comment

i think one of the better ways to handle a situation like this is to take the patient long term approach. you want the dealer to figure out his problem on is own. one would need to earn his trust by conversing with him in a friendly manner and then invite him to the masjid and jamaat. it may sound idealistic and farfetched but when a person realizes his mistake on his own, he is more inclined to reform himself, then when people impose this opinion on them through beating him up or arguing with him.
            The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
            Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

Obviously no1 is objecting to da'wat o tableegh bhai.

But that is a thing affecting the person himself - what about the evil that is being spread to the other youths?

Comment

Obviously no1 is objecting to da'wat o tableegh bhai.

But that is a thing affecting the person himself - what about the evil that is being spread to the other youths?
                haha. yeah i know no on is objecting just though id put my two pence in to the mix. :o

where i used to go to school we had a similar problem. except it was with muslims selling alcohol in their shops. every mini store in the area were owned by muslims and every single one of them sold alcohol. the sad part was that the particular area had a large population of muslims as well and they were all buying alcohol.

initially other muslims tried to stop them by using force. they went to their shops and smashed all the bottles of alcohol and confronted the owners. but all this did was cause hostility.

initially many of the youth and surrounding people maybe afflicted, but long term wise it worked over here. year later though, the situation has healed itself mainly because effort was made slowly upon these owners who have reformed from their old ways. i dont know how similar this is to the situation you mentioned, but this is what we did here.
                The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
                Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

hmmmm.

jazakALLAH for the advice bro.

Thats another issue - theres a flipping hajee in my area in sheffield and guys off his trolly. When people go to buy alcohol and he minds the shop for his sons - he says: I no touch alcohol, I muslim hajee. **mutters to 14 yr old daughter** puttar o can chaale (child bring that can over here)

Its like EXPLETIVE.

Comment

Never rat.

That's my philosophy. Well, except if you know someone is, for a fact, a child-molester or rapist. That's different.

Comment

Originally posted by Saadet View Post
                      Never rat.
                      That's my philosophy. Well,
                      except if you
                      know someone is, for a fact, a
                      child-molester or rapist.
                      That's different.
                      What if it were kids, that were getting real
                      messed-up ? . . . (23yrs and under) ?
                      Say your kid bro, just about lost his life/or
                      became addicted ? . . .

cause of a 'seasoned' :wacko: dealer.
                      Reality is, these characters/dealers are not
                      looking for a masjid.

. . .
                      If you just stood idly by,
                      you are just as to blame.

Sorting the guy out yourself will mix you up,
                      in a heap of trouble. (esp if you a sis. :) )
                      Best to take away one corrupter, to save
                      the rest from his corruption.
                      . . . while detoxing/guiding the kids.
                      BTW
                      Impressions/addictions start at a early age.
                      (and the dealers know this)

~

Last edited by Leena_Cnd; 07-05-07, 07:17 AM.
                      "When authority is given to those who do not deserve it,
                      wait for the Day of Judgment."

Comment

I would go and talk to him myself and leave with some threats. If that didn't stop him then the police are an option. I don't want my kids getting into that kind of poison
                        I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

hmmmm.

jazakALLAH for the advice bro.

Thats another issue - theres a flipping hajee in my area in sheffield and guys off his trolly. When people go to buy alcohol and he minds the shop for his sons - he says: I no touch alcohol, I muslim hajee. **mutters to 14 yr old daughter** puttar o can chaale (child bring that can over here)

Its like EXPLETIVE.
                          yea well theres the thing isnt it wether its a muslim selling smack, crack or alcohol because alcohol does as much damage as heroin.. and u want to go sort them out anyway, just do a sirah wa haj on them man, he went to the local crack den full of non muslims btw, where the nypd were too scared to even go, and he and the brothers gave them a good sorting out... told them to close the crack house...or else.. theyd be back... and next thing u know half the dealers are coming down the masjid ( spill in hand but they listened to the brothers... and a few eneded up reverting to Islam Alhamdulillah.. police couldnt beleive it ... the crack house was closed down for good in that neighbourhood something even the police couldnt achieve for years.

so wether alcohol or drugs go close them all down insha Allah and tell the batil "haji" man to fear Allah and not make his little daughter touch such evil things, because wether he has been to haj or not its a worse sin to make an innocent child do evil on your behalf man should just speak the truth to idiots like that hit em where it hurts right in their heart with the haq ..

and forget the police cos im telling u they are all a bunch of racist bleeps... and asking them for any kind of assistance will only put your name on their books and all they know is they got your name, and they dont care what it was for, so u can expect to be remembered by them for a long time and beleive me they wont be thanking u theyll just trying to do u over man...police aint ur freinds and they aint there to help any muslim...
                          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Your thoughts please
                            NO.

Should try to do something to prevent it from happening but Dont Rat

Comment

Depends on what they are dealing...
                              "I shall be telling this with a sigh. Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference."
                              ~ Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X