Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Critique of Husam al-Haramayn: How a fatwa split the Ummah

Assalamu alaikum,

I want to raise awareness of a serious issue that still affects our Ummah today and must urgently be rectified.

Ahmed Raza Khan issued a fatwa in the 20th century which slandered our Muslim brothers and sisters by labelling anyone who didn't agree with him as a "kafir", may Allah protect us all. This has resulted in a division in the Ummah, the effects of which can still be felt today.

An important piece of work was written by Imam Sarfraz Khan Safdar, and in 2018 this was translated into English: "A Critique of Husam Al-Haramayn: How a fatwa split the Ummah". I’ve included a link to the PDF copy of the book for reading, which refutes the unfair (and potentially invalid) fatwa issued by Khan in his work "Husam Al-Haramayn". I urge you all to read and share this important piece of work and educate our people. We need to do what we can to undo the hate and prejudice advocated by Khan, and re-unite the Ummah - sooner rather than later.

JazakAllah hu Khair.

Link to book: https://barelwism.files.wordpress.co...han-safdar.pdf

Walaykum salam,

Of course his fatwa was invalid. Only ignorant people who lack understanding of Islam would've been foolish enough to follow him.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      Walaykum salam,

Of course his fatwa was invalid. Only ignorant people who lack understanding of Islam would've been foolish enough to follow him.
      Salaam

I think the issue is that there are A LOT of these kinds of people. If only they could open their eyes and hearts to the truth. I myself have been personally subject to prejudice because I am not Barelvi. (Is this what Islam teaches?)

However Allah SWT only guides whom He wills.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
        Walaykum salam,

Isn't like 78% of Pakistan brillo?
        "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
        (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Originally posted by LookingForDaisy View Post
          Ahmed Raza Khan issued a fatwa in the 20th century which slandered our Muslim brothers and sisters by labelling anyone who didn't agree with him as a "kafir", may Allah protect us all. This has resulted in a division in the Ummah, the effects of which can still be felt today.
          Wa 'alaykum al-Salam,

The major role in the division of this Umma was played by the Najdi / Wahhabi movement. The so called "Salafis" are their heirs and are unfortunately resuming this negative role.

As for the dispute between the Barelvis and the Deobandis, then it‘s obvious that the Barelvis accuse the Deobandis of having Najdi tendencies and their elders having made very problematic statements in their books.

As for these problematic statements in the books of Deobandi elders: Since I‘m not from the subcontinent and have no knowledge of the Urdu language I can‘t comment on that.

As for Najdi / Wahhabi tendencies: The Deobandi elders have praised a book like Taqwiyatul Iman, which is based upon Najdi beliefs without any doubt and contains very problematic statements!
          (English translation is available on the net.)

If anyone wants to claim that Taqwiyatul Iman is not based upon Najdi / Wahhabi beliefs, then let him explain why we don’t find a single classical Sunni book of 'Aqida - no matter whether Ash‘ari, Maturidi or Hanbali! - that was written in this manner and with this content?!
          The only likeness we find to this book is that of the Najdi movement (for example Kitab al-Tawhid of the bloodthirsty Ibn 'Abd al-Wahhab (d. 1206 AH))!
          The Tawhid in that book (i.e. Taqywiyatul Iman) is not real Tawhid and the Shirk in that book is not real Shirk and the author is rushing towards the ruling of Shirk and calling things as Shirk out of nowhere and this is from the evil way of the Najdis!

Now since they were praising such a book that clearly contains Najdi beliefs, then it becomes not far-fetched to assume that these same elders made very problematic statements in their own books!

Wallahu ta‘ala a'lam.
          Last edited by Abu Sulayman; 15-02-20, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Sulayman View Post
            ...The major role in the division of this Umma was played by the Najdi / Wahhabi movement. The so called "Salafis" are their heirs and are unfortunately resuming this negative role...
            Yeah, because everything was fine until they came along. They fought and took over parts of peninsula and, somehow, the entire Muslim world fell apart.

You really are a first class clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Yeah, because everything was fine until they came along. They fought and took over parts of peninsula and, somehow, the entire Muslim world fell apart.

You really are a first class clown.
              Please refrain from personal attacks. It really does not do you any good.

And: Yes, they attacked almost the whole Arabian peninsula and killed MANY MANY people (Muslims!) and this is something acknowledged by themselves in their own books like Tarikh Najd and 'Unwan al-Majd.
              And while they were busy doing this (attacking and killing Muslims and taking their wealth!), the rest of this Umma was defending themselves against the attacks by the disbelieving imperialist Europeans!
              Last edited by Abu Sulayman; 15-02-20, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Please refrain from personal attacks. It really does not do you any good.

And: Yes, they attacked almost the whole Arabian peninsula and killed MANY MANY people (Muslims!) and this is something acknowledged by themselves in their own books like Tarikh Najd and 'Unwan al-Majd.
                And while they were doing this, the rest of this Umma was buisy defending themselves against the attacks by the disbelieving imperialist Europeans!
                I think personal attacks are fine against sectarian propagandists.

You want to paint a false picture where everyone was united until the Wahhabis came along. If that was true, we'd simply have two states now - The 'Sunni Khilafah' and the Saudis.

Comment

I think personal attacks are fine against sectarian propagandists.

You want to paint a false picture where everyone was united until the Wahhabis came along. If that was true, we'd simply have two states now - The 'Sunni Khilafah' and the Saudis.
                  No, you think that personal attacks are fine against people who are criticizing Najdis and regarding them as the Khawarij that they were or regarding the "Salafis" as innovators.

I didn‘t claim that the Wahhabis were the sole reason for this Umma to become weak and devided, but they were without any doubt among the reasons!
                  Other reasons are the formation of the nationalist and secularist ideas (imported from the disbelieving Europeans!) and their spread among the Muslims.

Anyways, I don’t think there is any point in clarifying myself any further to you.
                  Last edited by Abu Sulayman; 15-02-20, 05:12 PM.

Comment

No, you think that personal attacks are fine against people who are criticizing Najdis and regard them as the Khawarij that they were!

I didn‘t claim that the Wahhabis were the sole reason for this Umma to become weak and devided, but they were without any doubt among the reasons!
                    Other reasons are the formation of the nationalist and secularist ideas (imported from the disbelieving Europeans!) and their spread among the Muslims.

Anyways, I don’t thing there is any point in clarifying myself any further to you.
                    You must be joking because the vast majority of the material you have posted on this site is Wahhabi related. You blame Wahhabis for pretty much everything. It's your spiel.

So, how did you, the 'Sunnis' (i.e. the saved sect), go from a united khilafah where you were all united to becoming nationalists and secularists overnight?

Comment

You must be joking because the vast majority of the material you have posted on this site is Wahhabi related. You blame Wahhabis for pretty much everything. It's your spiel.

So, how did you, the 'Sunnis' (i.e. the saved sect), go from a united khilafah where you were all united to becoming nationalists and secularists overnight?
                      The reason why my posts are mostly regarding "Salafis" and Wahhabis is the following:
                      When young Muslims want to learn more about their religion, they’re in a risk to get fooled by these "Salafis" and to be exploited by them and used by them as their tools!
                      The reason for this risk is that these "Salafis“ have petro-dollar funding and have therefore a lot of websites and callers to their wrong way (especially in the West where ignorance regarding the religion is widespread).
                      Additionally they claim to be "Sunnis" and have outward signs of religiosity, so it‘s easy for them to fool the youngsters!
                      And since many brothers and sisters on this forum are influenced by them, my posts are mostly regarding them.

As for the rest of your post: Do you really think I‘m interested in replying to your not so intelligent question?
                      And now please stop your off-topic posts.

Comment

The reason why my posts are mostly regarding "Salafis" and Wahhabis is the following:
                        When young Muslims want to learn more about their religion, they’re in a risk to get fooled by these "Salafis" and to be exploited by them and used by them as their tools!
                        The reason for this risk is that these "Salafis“ have petro-dollar funding and have therefore a lot of websites and callers to their wrong way (especially in the West where ignorance regarding the religion is widespread).
                        Additionally they claim to be "Sunnis" and have outward signs of religiosity, so it‘s easy for them to fool the youngsters!
                        And since many brothers and sisters on this forum are influenced by them, my posts are mostly regarding them.

As for the rest of your post: Do you really think I‘m interested in replying to your not so intelligent question?
                        And now please stop your off-topic posts.
                        The last time I asked about your beliefs you got tongue tied and suddenly lost grasp of basic English. So, no, I didn't think you were going to be open and honest.

Comment

The last time I asked about your beliefs you got tongue tied and suddenly lost grasp of basic English. So, no, I didn't think you were going to be open and honest.
                          Stop hallucinating!
                          Stop making off-topic posts as usual!

And:
                          It‘s funny how you think your off-topic questions are full of insight and wisdom to the degree that one has to refer to your not so intelligent questions / posts to determine the truth while ignoring what classical scholars have said.
                          This is something that you do quite often.

Now:
                          "Ignoring not so intelligent off-topic posts"-mode ON!
                          Last edited by Abu Sulayman; 15-02-20, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Stop hallucinating!
                            Stop making off-topic posts as usual!

And:
                            It‘s funny how you think your off-topic questions are full of insight and wisdom to the degree that one has to refer to your not so intelligent questions / posts to determine the truth while ignoring what classical scholars have said.
                            This is something that you do quite often.

Now:
                            "Ignoring not so intelligent off-topic posts"-mode ON!
                            It's on topic you fool.

Your contention is that Muslims [in the subcontinent] are split due to Wahhabism. I'm calling you out on that by saying that Muslims are split regardless. The reason you want to shift away from Wahhabism is because it would mean focusing on you and your group(s) which is something you want to avoid as it may reveal how much of a 'Sunni' you actually are.

Comment

The division into Berelvi, Deobandi and Ahle Hadees happened quite obviously AFTER Taqwiyatul Iman was written and is connected to this work.
                              Denying that is nothing but ignorance or stubbornness or both.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X