Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seemingly Erroneous IslamQA ruling on Blasphemy

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1430...ah-be-upon-him

There are so many things wrong with this fatwa issued by IslamQA.

If that is done by a Muslim then it is apostasy on his part, and the authorities have to defend the cause of Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) by executing the one who defamed him.
    IslamQA lists no Hadith or Quranic verse supporting this matter. If this was the case, the prophet would have ordered the killing of multiple people. Yet the conspirators and hypocrites never suffered a death sentence for their words in the prophet and the khilafat-ul-rashidin's time.

If a Muslim hears a Christian or anyone else defaming the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) he has to denounce him in strong terms. It is permissible to insult that person because he is the one who started it.
    Huh? It's ruling that a Muslim is to insult a person on the basis of "who started it first". This is flawed and immature logic! IslamQA doesn't list any Hadith or Verse to support this claim either. The prophet endured extremely derogatory terms and never said anything even slightly offensive back to them. Instead, he prayed for them to be guided to Allah.

We don't see any of this attitude in the Rightly Guided Caliph's era either, when many non-muslims had come under the Muslim Empire.

The Muslim has to have a sense of protective jealousy and get angry for the sake of Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Whoever hears the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) being insulted and does not feel any protective jealousy or get angry is not a true believer – we seek refuge with Allaah from humility, kufr and obeying the Shaytaan.
    There are two major problems here as well. No, we do not and should not be getting angry. There was an incident in the Seerah of the Prophet pbuh which goes as follows. Two people came and were being rude to the prophet. Abu bakr got up in anger and the prophet left. When Abu bakr asked him why, the prophet said that the angels had gone away when he got up in anger, and that the prophet did not stay in places where there were no angels. The obvious takeaway is that you should not be getting angry, even if it is for the prophet, because that is literally what happened in this scenario.

Second, the website is going abroad by saying that "....quote..." makes one not a true believer. Especially since they do not quote any Hadith or Verse for this either.

There are so many things wrong with this fatwa that I see it as bid'ah and as practices that were developed under the influence of corrupt despotic Muslim rulers who misused their power to twist religious scholarship to serve their political interests.

It was justified by many medieval Muslim scholars on the basis of their understanding of Christian and Jewish texts supporting laws against those who blaspheme and vilify their religions.

Some Muslim jurists have, often misused the institution of ijtihad to serve the emotive interests of the people, with no divine support.

And Allah knows best.

There are so many things wrong with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
      There are so many things wrong with this post.
      yes or no: you are with the fatwa of islamqa or not?

Comment

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1509...he-qaadi-judge

Read that to your heart's content, I'm sure it'll answer all of your questions posed in the thread...
        "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
        (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post
          https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1509...he-qaadi-judge

Read that to your heart's content, I'm sure it'll answer all of your questions posed in the thread...
          No it didn't. There's still no Hadith or Verse that prescribes death for apostasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt View Post

yes or no: you are with the fatwa of islamqa or not?
            yes or no: did you research before posting this?

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

yes or no: did you research before posting this?
              Do not add to the discussion until you answer my question first.

Comment

Asslam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Below are two articles which may help to understand the issue in hand better:
                First one is from Dr. Jonathan Brown posted on Yaqeen Institute website which was established by Sheikh Omer Suleiman.
                https://yaqeeninstitute.org/jonathan.../#.XkQ4yvZFyUk
                Second one is from Dr. Jamal Badawi who is from Canada
                https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=1168

Ma'aSalaam

Comment

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1430...ah-be-upon-him

There are so many things wrong with this fatwa issued by IslamQA.

IslamQA lists no Hadith or Quranic verse supporting this matter. If this was the case, the prophet would have ordered the killing of multiple people. Yet the conspirators and hypocrites never suffered a death sentence for their words in the prophet and the khilafat-ul-rashidin's time.

Huh? It's ruling that a Muslim is to insult a person on the basis of "who started it first". This is flawed and immature logic! IslamQA doesn't list any Hadith or Verse to support this claim either. The prophet endured extremely derogatory terms and never said anything even slightly offensive back to them. Instead, he prayed for them to be guided to Allah.

We don't see any of this attitude in the Rightly Guided Caliph's era either, when many non-muslims had come under the Muslim Empire.

There are two major problems here as well. No, we do not and should not be getting angry. There was an incident in the Seerah of the Prophet pbuh which goes as follows. Two people came and were being rude to the prophet. Abu bakr got up in anger and the prophet left. When Abu bakr asked him why, the prophet said that the angels had gone away when he got up in anger, and that the prophet did not stay in places where there were no angels. The obvious takeaway is that you should not be getting angry, even if it is for the prophet, because that is literally what happened in this scenario.

Second, the website is going abroad by saying that "....quote..." makes one not a true believer. Especially since they do not quote any Hadith or Verse for this either.

There are so many things wrong with this fatwa that I see it as bid'ah and as practices that were developed under the influence of corrupt despotic Muslim rulers who misused their power to twist religious scholarship to serve their political interests.

It was justified by many medieval Muslim scholars on the basis of their understanding of Christian and Jewish texts supporting laws against those who blaspheme and vilify their religions.

Some Muslim jurists have, often misused the institution of ijtihad to serve the emotive interests of the people, with no divine support.

And Allah knows best.
                  I will address some of the false statement later but first you must reference the scholars you got your opinion from.
                  Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 13-02-20, 12:38 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Do not add to the discussion until you answer my question first.
                    K

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

I will address some of the false statement later but first you must reference the scholars you got your opinion from.
                      This question has to be answered.

Comment

Heard it a lot from childhood. Back then I wasn't used to using sources to clarify things.
                        Speaking of which...

Comment

Bolt probably hasn't seen these posts yet. I'm sure he's not avoiding and will answer once he comes across them.

Comment

it's been a few days so I don't remember the scholars tho I could probably look it up if it's really important.

Comment

it's been a few days so I don't remember the scholars tho I could probably look it up if it's really important.
                              It is important.

Comment

Working...
                              X