Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
    Asalam Alakum.

Things have been rough lately and I don't know what to do.

I really want to quit my job but I don't know if I'll be able to find another one. I will probably hate that one too, but my dad doesn't financially support me so I need to have one. He actually expects me to financially support him even though he doesn't need money from me, he's just taking it because he can I guess. I'm sure that's haram but there is nothing I can do about it. He also won't help me find a husband either, so that doesn't seem like a possibility in the near future unless I go look myself but I don't know how to do that.

I don't know if there is anything that I can do except be patient. I really feel like I'm being shoved into a corner lately. I know this is one of Allah's tests. I'm not complaining, I'm just stating my situation. And I'm not even letting myself get mad at my dad this time. I'm just going to put my faith in Allah. So if you have time I would appreciate it if you could make dua for me.
    Assalamu alaikoum sis,

Subhanallah am in the same situation except I don’t have a job so I can’t even have a distraction. I will make dua for you sister inshallah. May Allah make things easier for you. And please keep me in your duas too inshallah that I find a job soon.

I would say don’t quit your job till you find another one, it can take time and allhu Alam I guess our provision is all decreed for us. Some find it easy to find a job whilst for others it could be a test. And as for being patient, yes of course we must but at the same time we have to take action. I don’t even know where to start myself. But you could ask anyone in your family that you trust to help you look or ask around for you. Or you could tell your friends to keep an eye out for you if they come across any potentials.

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

Assalamu alaikoum sis,

Subhanallah am in the same situation except I don’t have a job so I can’t even have a distraction. I will make dua for you sister inshallah. May Allah make things easier for you. And please keep me in your duas too inshallah that I find a job soon.

I would say don’t quit your job till you find another one, it can take time and allhu Alam I guess our provision is all decreed for us. Some find it easy to find a job whilst for others it could be a test. And as for being patient, yes of course we must but at the same time we have to take action. I don’t even know where to start myself. But you could ask anyone in your family that you trust to help you look or ask around for you. Or you could tell your friends to keep an eye out for you if they come across any potentials.
      Have you tried temping sis, or agency work (thats what they call it in the UK) What is your work background sis, in education and work? Message me this info if you want. I know my manager from my proofreading job is always looking for new employees (its just an editing and proofreading for student essays job)

It pays quite well :)
      Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
      In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
      USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
      (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

Assalamu alaikoum sis,

Im not going to quit it, but i've been applying so inshallah something comes up. And inshallah you find a job that you like too.

I've realized this week that my sister is probably going to be the one who finds me my husband. I'm a bit of a loner so my friend group is my sisters. I don't branch out more then I absolutely have to in real life. I'm introverted, I can't help it. But alhamdullillah since I've made the declaration that I wouldn't mind getting married and I started doing a lot of dua, the most random people have asked me. I'm just waiting for someone suitable to come along. the power of dua.

May Allah grant us both good and suitable husbands.

Comment

May Allah Protect you!
          Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

May Allah swt bless you sisters with righteous husbands that will respect you, honour you, take care of you and value you and be the coolness of your eyes. Ameen

Stay strong in Sha Allah
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
              May Allah swt bless you sisters with righteous husbands that will respect you, honour you, take care of you and value you and be the coolness of your eyes. Ameen

Stay strong in Sha Allah
              These are true words. I recently turned to the side and he helped me solve my problems. We are afraid to be weak and this is a bad moment because God loves us in the simplicity and purity of our thoughts. My friend advised me to read the Qur'an during times of fear. I am not afraid to share my knowledge with other people. This resource https://phdessay.com/ helped me write an exam in Tigran. God sent me a good friend and he helped me with this problem. I recently talked with my sister and she said that God is love for one's neighbor. I am sure that this love extends to all.

Comment

strong in Sha Allah. Allah gives us knowledge. I thank you for your advice. We read the truth and the truth makes us stronger.

Comment

Once again I am left with this dilemma.

Why do we have to work? It's so stupid.

I got my job now because my sisters work at the same place. But now I think that other places won't hire me because they think I'm to young

I kind of just want to quit but alas life doesn't work that way.

I know I just need to keep making dua. My other ones didn't work so I'm making very general dua's now. No matter what happens I just hope that I am happy and don't feel so trapped and miserable all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Stay strong in Sha Allah
                    Ameen

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X