Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dua request: I don't know what to do with my life

Asalam Alakum.

Things have been rough lately and I don't know what to do.

I really want to quit my job but I don't know if I'll be able to find another one. I will probably hate that one too, but my dad doesn't financially support me so I need to have one. He actually expects me to financially support him even though he doesn't need money from me, he's just taking it because he can I guess. I'm sure that's haram but there is nothing I can do about it. He also won't help me find a husband either, so that doesn't seem like a possibility in the near future unless I go look myself but I don't know how to do that.

I don't know if there is anything that I can do except be patient. I really feel like I'm being shoved into a corner lately. I know this is one of Allah's tests. I'm not complaining, I'm just stating my situation. And I'm not even letting myself get mad at my dad this time. I'm just going to put my faith in Allah. So if you have time I would appreciate it if you could make dua for me.

Ma sha Allah sis, I am so heartened to see how you are dealing with this.

Clearly, it seems to me Allah's blessings are on you because when we deal with hardships, only the beloved to Allah respond with putting their faith in their Rabb, as you said.

Ma sha Allah you are very dignified and thats a sign of Allah's love, but it also shows that Allah's help is coming for you - it seems from my readings of hadiths and ayats, that those who put their faith in Allah are the ones given abundant blessings and a way out of their situation, whilst also being granted jannah/rewards in the hereafter.

Congrats, you are loved by Allah and have been selected for success in this life and the hereafter, according to what the deen says. His love and care for you is clear for me to see, ma sha Allah.

(I asked Allah for a sign that I was right about what I said above ^ and I got the exact sign subhanAllah)

There is a dua I would like to share with you, that is perfect for your situation. When the Prophet PBUH's wife Umm salamah radiAllahu Anha, had lost her first husband, she said this dua, and because of it Allah gave her the Prophet PBUH as a husband.

The dua replaced what she lost (her first husband) with something even better (marrying our beloved Rasoolullah PBUH and becoming one of the mother of the believers).

When you keep up this type of behaviour you have now, Allah will replace the loss and pain of your hardships. Especially with the dua said by Umm Salama ra:

إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُوْنَ، اَللَّهُمَّ أْجُرْنِيْ فِيْ مُصِيْبَتِيْ وَأَخْلِفْ لِيْ خَيْرًا مِنْهَا.

'Innaa lillaahi wa 'innaa 'ilayhi raaji'oon, Allaahumma'-jurni fee museebatee wa 'akhliflee khayran minhaa

‘To Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, recompense me for my affliction and replace it for me with something better.’

[ Muslim 2/632 ]

Sis I said this when I got the news of my first brain scan indicating my MS diagnoses, I am telling you dear sister this dua is so amazing. Since reading the dua there were more hardships, that were actually blessings for me and my family? Idk how to explain it, but also sooo many blessings that didn't come in the form of hardships happened.

One of the best things to come out of me saying this dua was having two people have similar dreams of me in a noor place and be guided out of the darkness into the light and they were sure it wasn't shaytan or nonsense dreams.

I am pretty sure though, if you keep up this beahviour, say that dua, and increase in istighfar and some extra optional salats (like two rakats after dhuhr etc) and reflect on the hardships of the Prophets PBUH (ayyub alayhis salaams illness, Yusuf alayhis salam betrayed by his brothers) then Allah's help will come so pure and will cover you non-stop.

I ask Allah to make that all happen ameen
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I also just want to say that I truly love u for Allah's sake as with all of the sisters here, dw sis Allah is with you.

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

Read these verses dear sis aelmo Surah Talaq verse 2:

And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).

Surah Talaq verse 3:

And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent.

Surah Talaq verse 4:

and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him.

Comment

Wa 'alaikum as-salam wa rahmatullahu wa barakatuhu. :)

May Allah increase you in good and blessings, and facilitate for you the right and blessed way for Dunya and Aakhirah. And grant you a well-matched-righteous-comfort-to-each-other's-eyes, husband, for Dunya and Aakhirah too, and make your finding each other easy and blessed as well, ameen.

So many people find someone when they're not looking. Amazing isn't it. Like, he/she was stressing over it and searching here and there, and then just like that, there she/he is. In some cases, he/she was so close for some time. Allah answering their Du'a from the beginning, they just hadn't noticed; it wasn't (the appointed) Time yet... I suppose it makes it/the spouse more special cos the blessing was unexpected?

May He grant you the best, and sweet thankfulness to Him, ameen.

:)

Comment

Subhanallah I am in the same exact situation as you.

May Allah make things easy for you and remove all your worries.. May Allah bless you with all what you want in this dunya and the hereafter in shaa Allah.

Comment

Do you want to get married? Are you ready for marriage? If you are, why don't you start looking

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                Ma sha Allah sis, I am so heartened to see how you are dealing with this.

Clearly, it seems to me Allah's blessings are on you because when we deal with hardships, only the beloved to Allah respond with putting their faith in their Rabb, as you said.

Ma sha Allah you are very dignified and thats a sign of Allah's love, but it also shows that Allah's help is coming for you - it seems from my readings of hadiths and ayats, that those who put their faith in Allah are the ones given abundant blessings and a way out of their situation, whilst also being granted jannah/rewards in the hereafter.

Congrats, you are loved by Allah and have been selected for success in this life and the hereafter, according to what the deen says. His love and care for you is clear for me to see, ma sha Allah.

(I asked Allah for a sign that I was right about what I said above ^ and I got the exact sign subhanAllah)

There is a dua I would like to share with you, that is perfect for your situation. When the Prophet PBUH's wife Umm salamah radiAllahu Anha, had lost her first husband, she said this dua, and because of it Allah gave her the Prophet PBUH as a husband.

The dua replaced what she lost (her first husband) with something even better (marrying our beloved Rasoolullah PBUH and becoming one of the mother of the believers).

When you keep up this type of behaviour you have now, Allah will replace the loss and pain of your hardships. Especially with the dua said by Umm Salama ra:

إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُوْنَ، اَللَّهُمَّ أْجُرْنِيْ فِيْ مُصِيْبَتِيْ وَأَخْلِفْ لِيْ خَيْرًا مِنْهَا.

'Innaa lillaahi wa 'innaa 'ilayhi raaji'oon, Allaahumma'-jurni fee museebatee wa 'akhliflee khayran minhaa

‘To Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, recompense me for my affliction and replace it for me with something better.’

[ Muslim 2/632 ]

Sis I said this when I got the news of my first brain scan indicating my MS diagnoses, I am telling you dear sister this dua is so amazing. Since reading the dua there were more hardships, that were actually blessings for me and my family? Idk how to explain it, but also sooo many blessings that didn't come in the form of hardships happened.

One of the best things to come out of me saying this dua was having two people have similar dreams of me in a noor place and be guided out of the darkness into the light and they were sure it wasn't shaytan or nonsense dreams.

I am pretty sure though, if you keep up this beahviour, say that dua, and increase in istighfar and some extra optional salats (like two rakats after dhuhr etc) and reflect on the hardships of the Prophets PBUH (ayyub alayhis salaams illness, Yusuf alayhis salam betrayed by his brothers) then Allah's help will come so pure and will cover you non-stop.

I ask Allah to make that all happen ameen
                Jazakallah khair. This was so sweet of you to say.

I’ve screen shot the dua and will probably be saying it often.

May allah grant you everything you want in this life and the hereafter. I genuinely mean that, you have always been so kind to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahma. View Post

Wa 'alaikum as-salam wa rahmatullahu wa barakatuhu. :)

May Allah increase you in good and blessings, and facilitate for you the right and blessed way for Dunya and Aakhirah. And grant you a well-matched-righteous-comfort-to-each-other's-eyes, husband, for Dunya and Aakhirah too, and make your finding each other easy and blessed as well, ameen.

So many people find someone when they're not looking. Amazing isn't it. Like, he/she was stressing over it and searching here and there, and then just like that, there she/he is. In some cases, he/she was so close for some time. Allah answering their Du'a from the beginning, they just hadn't noticed; it wasn't (the appointed) Time yet... I suppose it makes it/the spouse more special cos the blessing was unexpected?

May He grant you the best, and sweet thankfulness to Him, ameen.

:)
                  Amen.

Barakallahu feeki.

Yeah I guess we don’t know allah’s plan, but I can imagine that is how it will end up with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post
                    Subhanallah I am in the same exact situation as you.

May Allah make things easy for you and remove all your worries.. May Allah bless you with all what you want in this dunya and the hereafter in shaa Allah.
                    Amen.

I’m sorry to hear that.

May allah bless you endlessly in this life and the hereafter and give you everything you’ve ever wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Anisa35 View Post
                      Do you want to get married? Are you ready for marriage? If you are, why don't you start looking
                      I’ve been mentally preparing myself for a while. I just don’t know how I would go about looking. I don’t have the courage to go around and ask people to marry me. And honestly the whole process sounds so scary. I don’t like the idea of talking to a bunch of guys and i’m Terrified of hurting peoples feelings, so I wouldn’t be able to reject people easily. I think i have the right mental state to be rejected though, its part of my mental preparation process.

I have a very small Muslim family. Literally just an aunt, my grandma and 3 cousins and i don't trust their judgement when it comes to picking out a spouse. They will marry me off to an alcoholic just to see me get married. So they cant help me. And my mom’s family obviously wont be able to help me with this.

Thats the situation now. I’ll try to figure something out though. I have faith. I’m sure everything will work out and if it doesn’t then that’s just a part of allah’s plan and i will try not be be upset about it inshallah.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                        Asalam Alakum.

Things have been rough lately and I don't know what to do.

I really want to quit my job but I don't know if I'll be able to find another one. I will probably hate that one too, but my dad doesn't financially support me so I need to have one. He actually expects me to financially support him even though he doesn't need money from me, he's just taking it because he can I guess. I'm sure that's haram but there is nothing I can do about it. He also won't help me find a husband either, so that doesn't seem like a possibility in the near future unless I go look myself but I don't know how to do that.

I don't know if there is anything that I can do except be patient. I really feel like I'm being shoved into a corner lately. I know this is one of Allah's tests. I'm not complaining, I'm just stating my situation. And I'm not even letting myself get mad at my dad this time. I'm just going to put my faith in Allah. So if you have time I would appreciate it if you could make dua for me.
                        It seems your dad is careless, selfish and not taking his responsibility seriously. There are parents who are loving will do anything for their children. His the one who should be providing for you not otherway round and he should also be looking for a pious husband for you. Sister we have a Creator who is Compassionate and All-powerful able to do all things so keep making dua to Allah.

Comment

Asalamu aleykum sister may Allah Sw ease your pain and rectify your problems aamen

Comment

I made dua today and I swear maybe a minute later I got a response and I turned it down. I don't think that was a mistake but Allah literally just handed me this and I rejected it. I don't know what to think now. I hope turning down this opportunity doesn't effect future ones. It's only making me think because this was maybe the quickest response I had ever gotten.

Also the cat I take care of outside is dying and I don't think that there is anything I can do to fix him. At this point I'm just praying for him to be put out of his misery. My mom is clinging on to this blind hope when she and I both know that there is nothing that we can do anymore. its been making me so angry at her, and now I have more things to feel guilty about. I've been trying not to get mad because I know that she and I are the only ones who care about it and I am the only one that she can confide in about it but I can't really deal with that kind of pain. id rather face reality so that I won't be upset if and when it happens.

I know I just need to keep making dua and I am still putting my faith in Allah, I've just been sick and upset today. No body needs to respond.

Comment

aelmo I ask Allah to bless u with peace and mercy and help always and to help the cat. Sorry to hear for ur struggles

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X