X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Surprising Recent Experience With 'Ayn

Bismillah.

​​​​​​Assalamu 'alaykum warahmatullah.

The evil eye is like an arrow which comes from the soul of the one who envies and the one who puts the evil eye on another towards the one who is envied and on whom the evil eye is put; sometimes it hits him and sometimes it misses. If the target is exposed and unprotected, it will affect him, but if the target is cautious and armed, the arrow will have no effect and may even come back on the one who launched it. (Adapted from Zaad al-Ma’aad.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.../answers/20954
    ​​​​​​

I decided to post this since I've always been someone who doesn't think too much about 'Ayn but something happened recently that has changed that and I think I'll be quite a bit more careful about things.

A week or so ago I was sat with a couple of people, close relatives, and the topic of miserable faces came up. I told them laughingly that I'm probably the most cheerful person in the room. They both regarded that with a shared disagreement. "Yeah, right. You're the most miserable person here!"

The truth is I have a reputation with them for being quite sombre and serious even though I find myself to be the one laughing and smiling around the house more than others.

"Nah," I told them. "I've been feeling really good recently. Alhamdulillaah. I've been _________ (doing something) a lot and I'm just happy I'm on top of it now. I'm able to just ________ , or when I'm ______ or whatever, alhamdulillaah, so yeah... Probably why I've been quite cheerful, and feeling a lot better..."

At the moment I said, "I'm able to _____ now," I noticed a look from both of them towards me that took me by surprise. It only lasted a very short moment but it was unmistakably a 'negative' look. I'd even go as far as to say it was a look of resentment. For that one second or half a second. Their expressions changed, but we chatted on normally after that.

Bearing in mind I was happily sharing something with them, and the mood has been quite jokey, I was expecting them to be happy/glad for me since they knew it was something I'd been struggling with quite a bit in the past. We kept on talking, however, as normal and so I thought nothing of it. We're close relatives, and we all get on very well, having known each other since young and we're all practicing, good natured (I'd like to think anyway, when it comes to myself :p) people.

Now this thing I mentioned to them that had improved my mood was in relation to the Qur'an.

I began to notice for the next few days that reciting Qur'an started to feel very, very heavy. Even thinking about it, just opening my mouth to recite, I would start to feel somewhat breathless and it felt like there was a kind of block in my mind, a kind of pressure. My mind wasn't clear, I was struggling to recall aayaat that I'd been reciting repeatedly without problems for months.

I started to wonder if maybe it was from mental fatigue and a lack of sleep piling up, or maybe even just an age thing. Memory weakening.

I found myself pausing and taking deep breaths, sighing after every few aayaat because of how difficult it felt, even saying out loud constantly, "Subhaanallah, this feels so difficult."

Then, after one salatul maghrib, I just sat down thinking about it and was reciting the three Quls as I try to do after each salah, and a picture of the two people came to my mind and that expression they had. The thought of Hasad and Ayn entered my mind just then and while I recited suratul Falaq, I slowed down and was very careful to think over what I was reciting. When it came to the final aayah 'Wa min sharri Haasidin idhaa Hasad' ("and from the evil of the envier when he evies" ) I made the intention for Allah Ta'aalaa to remove any hasad/Ayn from those two people that they might have inflicted on me without realising.

I felt a little tremor over my body as I recited the words 'sharri Haasidin idhaa Hasad' and by the kindness of Allah Ta'aalaa, I immediately felt that fogginess, that blockage/pressure in my mind/head had gone and I was then able to recite freely again, and have been doing so since, by His tremendous Kindness.
    Alhamdulillaah.

I wasn't expecting this to turn into a short story but I'm sharing in case it helps others think more about Ayn and being overly happy with certain things
    ​​​​In front of others.
    Even if they're good people, it could bring out of them a moment of negative feeling that they can't really help at the time.

Also, the fact that I was by the kindness of Allah Ta'aalaa, able to notice and experience the breaking / removal of that Ayn almost exactly with the recitation of that aayah, I thought I'd share that for others to be careful when reciting the aayah and possibly trying to make a specific intention if suspecting Ayn from someone specific. We recite these two surahs a lot and tend to do so 'on autopilot' but worth reminding myself and others to slow down more often and think more carefully. InshaaAllah it will be a means for for greater protection for us.

Allah Ta'aalaa grant us barakah in what He has given us and grant us all tawfeeq.

(Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.)

​​​​​

​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Alhamdulilah brother thanks so much for sharing this, I will try your method, and thats such an interesting story. Sheds a lot of light on how ayn works
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
    X