Sister I know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister I know

I have been texting a sister from north Africa for about a week. She is very kind and I am kind of into her. She doesn't care that I like her but I was wondering if it is haraam. I also was wondering if it wrong to call her beautiful. I do it already and she says it is okay but I want to be sure.

Originally posted by catholic61718 View Post
    I have been texting a sister from north Africa for about a week. She is very kind and I am kind of into her. She doesn't care that I like her but I was wondering if it is haraam. I also was wondering if it wrong to call her beautiful. I do it already and she says it is okay but I want to be sure.
    If you're male and she's not a blood relative then you texting her is Haram, period. Stop texting her.

Comment

Brother be careful. In Chapter 17 verse 32, Allah says: "And come not near to the unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a Fahishah [i.e. anything that transgresses its limits (a great sin)], and an evil way (that leads one to Hell unless Allah forgives him)."

Its better to keep away from sisters and maintain only a respectfulness to them. We all make mistakes, and u seem to have a very good heart ma sha Allah.

Ur also our new brother in Islam, so I understand why you would get confused on this, you may not know exactly why talking to girls romantically is forbidden.

But really, shaytan is on every corner we turn hoping we lose our connection with Allah. U have to shoo him away, cos he is plotting against the children of adam and eve.

The best way would to respectfully only pursue marrying a girl when you are ready and committed, by asking for her parent's contact details (phone, address, email, even their FB), so everything can be halal and blessed by Allah.

I am not judging you, just trying to help you brother. Aren't you very young?
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

...edit
        Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 15-01-20, 05:45 PM.
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Brother be careful. In Chapter 17 verse 32, Allah says: "And come not near to the unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a Fahishah [i.e. anything that transgresses its limits (a great sin)], and an evil way (that leads one to Hell unless Allah forgives him)."

Its better to keep away from sisters and maintain only a respectfulness to them. We all make mistakes, and u seem to have a very good heart ma sha Allah.

Ur also our new brother in Islam, so I understand why you would get confused on this, you may not know exactly why talking to girls romantically is forbidden.

But really, shaytan is on every corner we turn hoping we lose our connection with Allah. U have to shoo him away, cos he is plotting against the children of adam and eve.

The best way would to respectfully only pursue marrying a girl when you are ready and committed, by asking for her parent's contact details (phone, address, email, even their FB), so everything can be halal and blessed by Allah.

I am not judging you, just trying to help you brother. Aren't you very young?
          So if I get her parents contaxt is that okay. She says that her parents like me. Yes I am 17. It is already late I'm sort of addicted to her. She is super kind and thankful to Allah. And beautiful woman

Comment

So if I get her parents contaxt is that okay. She says that her parents like me. Yes I am 17. It is already late I'm sort of addicted to her. She is super kind and thankful to Allah. And beautiful woman
            To marry her brother, thats what u need to contact her for, are you ready for this even?

Maybe the brothers can advise?

Abu Abdur_Rahman Fakhri-bin-Ali eesa the kiwi and any others can comment too plz

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

To marry her brother, thats what u need to contact her for, are you ready for this even?

Maybe the brothers can advise?

Abu Abdur_Rahman Fakhri-bin-Ali eesa the kiwi and any others can comment too plz
              Oh no! Sorry I didnt read right sorry. I only have known her for a week

Comment

If want to marry her, then by all means contact her parents. You are a bit young though, but if it protects you from doing anything haram and you have the means to get married and can handle that kind of responsibility then go for it.

It has only been a week though and you have only been communicating through texting. are you sure this isn't just puppy love. If you aren't looking to get married I am sure you will get over her if you stop talking to her.

Like the others have said, you can't speak to girls so casually.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

If want to marry her, then by all means contact her parents. You are a bit young though, but if it protects you from doing anything haram and you have the means to get married and can handle that kind of responsibility then go for it.

It has only been a week though and you have only been communicating through texting. are you sure this isn't just puppy love. If you aren't looking to get married I am sure you will get over her if you stop talking to her.

Like the others have said, you can't speak to girls so casually.
                  Yeah I don't want to marry her. She seems like she isnt sure about me. I have no friends so I am scared to stop texting her. Also, last time I forgot to text her she got hurt. She thought I was ignoring her. She says that what you guys are saying is culture not sunnah. I don't know
                  Last edited by catholic61718; 15-01-20, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah I don't want to marry her. She seems like she isnt sure about me. I have no friends so I am scared to stop texting her. Also, last time I forgot to text her she got hurt. She thought I was ignoring her.
                    She seems to be stringing you along. Attention seeking. She's not sure about you and doesn't care that you like her like you said in your OP but then gets hurt when she thinks you are ignoring her? She sounds a bit immature.

I'm sure you can find some other friends. Don't let your only friend be someone that you're into, it gives them way too much power over you. The fact of the matter is that its haram to talk to the opposite gender. You're still young, you will get over her. I am sure you might feel very lonely but try to find some nice muslim guy friends to hang out with. Join the msa (if they have that), or try to get close to the muslim guys in your school.

Comment

You can contact her family to propose marriage, other than that contacting her is haram. There is no being friends, chatting, etc with the opposite gender for friendship or fun is Islam, you can talk to someone for the opposite gender in case of necessity or go to the family or imam to get to know someone for marriage, thats it. If you are not ready to propose marriage Islamically yoiu have to stop. Have you tried going to the mosque and making friends?

Comment

Working...
                      X