Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UmmAbdullah86
    replied
    This is such a beautiful talk mashaAllah covering issues of the hijab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-qfQ2rmG-s

Leave a comment:

• Faith reloaded 2
    replied
    Whilst a person’s outer appearance may not accurately reflect their piety, there is no question that a healthy, sound heart leads to righteous actions with the limbs.

The purpose of life is to love Allah swt. That love should be apparent in your life through devotion and obedience, through actions that are hidden and actions that are openly visible.

Leave a comment:

• ThisIsJannah
    replied
    Originally posted by Sr010120 View Post

My faith is in my actions I just cannot accept that looking physically different to that of a female who is veiled. My actions are noble I just don’t agree with the judgement people place on women who do not wear a headscarf or do wear a scarf.
    Our concern should be what our Creator think of us not what His creation thinks. It's not upto us to agree or disagree, Allah Most High decides what is right for us, He created everything including us so He knows what is best for us. Our main concern is to please our Creator not His creation, you will never able to satisfy everyone especially if they are non-muslims. You should be content of your religion and ethnicity.
    Last edited by ThisIsJannah; 12-01-20, 03:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    It is bad. Our hijab should act like a uniform for us Muslimahs & we should want to be identified as muslimahs! Allah tells us to cover, we should hear and we should obey.

Leave a comment:

• niqaabi_nusrat
    replied
    I My question is how bad is it in view of Islam if I chose to not wear a headscarf?
    It is a clear command of Allah subhanahu wa t'alaa, therefore it is very bad to make this choice. Hijab as a generous gift from Allah provided not least for our own protection, but primarily to identify ourselves as Muslimahs. So rejecting it is serious, which is why in Muslim countries not fulfilling the requirements of hijab, including covering everything except face and hands, is punishable under the sharee'ah.

Leave a comment:

• Habib Urrehman
    replied
    I need some advice on this area and I don’t intend to offend or anger anyone but I need some advice for me to get a better understanding of where I am values wise.

I am 38 female and I work full time in my place of work I chose to not be identified by my ethnicity or religion (mind you my surname is the give away!). I wear full western modest (all covered) clothing and no headscarf by choice. I don’t want to be identified by my faith at first sight as it’s something that is deep in my heart.

My question is how bad is it in view of Islam if I chose to not wear a headscarf?
    It is not a matter of choice as some brothers and sisters has mentioned in previous replies to this thread. Quran is clear (24:31; 33:59) that headscarf is mandatory for women. Some Muslim women in Western countries rebel against it for a variety of reasons such as societal standards of beauty, not wanting to seem like an outcast, fear of being identified as Muslim, etc. Those who say that faith is the matter of heart only, often struggle
    with the notion of hijab and the modern day value of it.
    Whatever the reason would be, it only shows how strong our relationship is with Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala and how much trust we have in Shariah.
    Head cover is mandatory in all Abrahamic religions and now a days only Muslims practice it because we don't follow our desires and we don't change the commandments of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala as Christians and Jews change to fit in the society. Just a century ago, even Christians and Jew women used to cover their heads. Now they consider it as oppression. Guess what, in next 100 years they will not be wearing any clothes. That's why we are told not to imitate non-Muslims. Our Deen is perfect and it does not change with time. We should be proud to be Muslims and try not to imitate non-Muslims. Muslim women's identity is the head scarf and one should try to keep that identity.
    Whatever Allah has commanded us to do is for our good and benefit. Muslims are supposed to be people who hear and obey without asking questions once proof of something is clear from Quran and Sunnah. That's the attitude of a slave who loves, trusts and fears Allah alone.

The fact that you are asking this question does show that Alhamdulillah you have faith in Allah and you do want to do the right thing. Try to wear the hijab and you will see the value of adding just a piece of cloth on your head. On the surface it may not mean anything but I guarantee you that your headscarf will change your attitude and will make you more mindful about your duty as a servant of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.
    Aside from the outward display of my Muslim identity, you will soon notice some internal character changes. You will learn how to be patient ( wearing the hijab in summer is not easy). You will be considered as an ambassador of Islam, Islam will be judged based on what you do and how you deal with people. It will give you a chance to give a silent Dawah with your actions. You will tend to be more generous and courteous and will be consciously aware of your behavior as you will interact with colleagues, friends and family. Give it a try with sincere intention and hopefully you will see the benefits of wearing Hijab very soon. May Allah make it easy for you to wear Hijab! Ameen.

It is also important for Muslim men living in Western countries to keep their identity just like it is important for Muslim women. Women are weak and need a lot of courage to wear hijab in western countries but still they do it because they love Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala the most. But my question is to men who are normally stronger than women.
    Why can't we keep our trousers above ankles all the time?
    Why can't we keep full beards?
    Why can't we avoid shaking hands with opposite gender at work?
    Why can't we wear Kufi on our heads at work?

I know there are difference of opinions on these issues. I am not saying the things I mentioned above are fard but these are the things we see practicing brothers doing 24/7. I understand that not everyone is on the same level of Imaan and some may find doing these things extremely hard for themselves. But at least we should reflect upon these questions and ask ourselves, what keeps us away from following the proven Sunnah. Is it because we have weaker Imaan? Or is it because of the same reason why Muslim women hesiate to wear hijab in Western countries?

I don't want this to turn into unnecessary debate. I will leave it for Muslim brothers to reflect upon and decide for themselves what works best for them based on their situation. May Allah help us to keep our Muslim identity and may Allah help us not to imitate non-Muslims in any matter. Ameen!

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    It's sinful. As Muslims, our criteria for what is right and wrong is halal and haram, regardless of the societal and cultural norms imposed on us. The fact that it's sinful should be reason enough for a Muslim to avoid the sin, not make excuses for justifying it or worse; going in search of made up "liberal" fatwas to pretend that sins are not sins (which seems to be the trend these days).

I need some advice on this area and I don’t intend to offend or anger anyone but I need some advice for me to get a better understanding of where I am values wise.

I am 38 female and I work full time in my place of work I chose to not be identified by my ethnicity or religion (mind you my surname is the give away!). I wear full western modest (all covered) clothing and no headscarf by choice. I don’t want to be identified by my faith at first sight as it’s something that is deep in my heart.

My question is how bad is it in view of Islam if I chose to not wear a headscarf?

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

My faith is in my actions I just cannot accept that looking physically different to that of a female who is veiled. My actions are noble I just don’t agree with the judgement people place on women who do not wear a headscarf or do wear a scarf.
    No need to shift the goalpost. You asked how bad it is in Islam so you already knew it was bad to some degree.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied
    That judgement is the ruling from the Creator, as understood by the vast majority of Muslims past and present. These rulings are prescribed with Rahmah and Wisdom by the Creator for the benefit of humanity.

That's not to say that sister is necessarily lesser in the sight of Allah Ta'aalaa than someone who does dress according to the sharee'ah. It does mean sister is acting in disobedience to Him in this aspect of living and is behaving in a displeasing manner in that same aspect in comparison to someone who isn't.

It's also a public disobedience which means it has a heavier consequence than something which is private. It affects and influences others negatively so carries greater weight.

As Muslims we're instructed to encourage what is right and discourage what is wrong as avoiding this causes the spread and normalisation of corruption.
    It's not a case of targeting people to make them feel lesser, sister, just doing what we ought to do as Muslims.

A question to ask ourselves whenever we find in us resistance towards something prescribed in the sharee'ah is why do we find that resistance if our faith is there and is strong. Do I worship my Maker or do I worship my own nafs? ​​​​

Do I know better than my Creator and all those we understand as being rightly guided before us?

Ultimately, we'll all face the consequences of our actions individually. Is it really worth making a choice to live like this and risk the displeasure of Allah Ta'aalaa.

Without wishing to cause alarm, for something like this when I decide something is permissible when it isn't, the greater issue is that its not a matter of sinning or not sinning, but a question of rejecting a command of God. Its an act of defiance and arrogance towards Allah Ta'aalaa if we decide the Haraam is Halaal and vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• UmmAbdullah86
    replied

The wearing of hijab is an action of faith. What's the problem with looking different from a non hijabi? That is part of the reason we wear it, to differentiate us. He proud to be seen/known as a Muslim.

Leave a comment:

• Sr010120
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Extremely bad.

If your faith is 'deep in your heart' then it should manifest in your actions.

Leave a comment:

• Be Muslims
    replied
    Muslims have to strive to achieve the state of Islam/submission to Allah..

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear therof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms..."(Quran 24:31)

“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran 33:59).

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

Extremely bad.

If your faith is 'deep in your heart' then it should manifest in your actions.

Leave a comment:

• Sr010120
    started a topic Non conforming to female dress code.

Non conforming to female dress code.

Working...
X