how can i become happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i become happy?

I want to become truly happy and normal, but i am shy and an introvert with no friends. I don't enjoy with anyone and i don't enjoy anything.

I have no job. People my age are mostly all married or working or in higher studies while i am stuck with a mental illness and unemployment and no ability to study.

I feel like an alien in social situations but i want to turn my life around and become happy and comfortable in social situations and party and have friends.

Salam sister,

all you need, all you wish, all you desire - express to Allah directly. He is the only one who has control over your life. Make long sajda and tell Him everything that is on your heart. Tell Him about your solitude about your fears about your sadness then ask Him whatever you wish for. You can cry to Him as you'd cry to your mother. He knows you best and He cares for you much more than anyone else. He loves you over 40 times more than your mother.

Comment

Being distant from Allah will make you feel empty, and this is one of the worst feelings. Don't expect things like friends, a husband, etc., to make you truly happy as people will always let you down. You can give people the best of yourself and they'll throw what you gave them in the garbage. If you give too much of yourself to people, then expect to be used and abused. If you put the same effort into your relationship with Allah, then know that you will only benefit from Him. I know you said that your iman has dipped in the other threads, so before you try anything else, work on that first.
      قد كانت لكم أسوة حسنة في إبراهيم والذين معه إذ قالوا لقومهم إنا برآء منكم ومما تعبدون من دون الله كفرنا بكم وبدا بيننا وبينكم العداوة والبغضاء أبدا حتى تؤمنوا بالله وحده

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
        Being distant from Allah will make you feel empty, and this is one of the worst feelings. Don't expect things like friends, a husband, etc., to make you truly happy as people will always let you down. You can give people the best of yourself and they'll throw what you gave them in the garbage. If you give too much of yourself to people, then expect to be used and abused. If you put the same effort into your relationship with Allah, then know that you will only benefit from Him. I know you said that your iman has dipped in the other threads, so before you try anything else, work on that first.
        That's right! I would just add this - when you turn to Allah instead of people, Allah will give you people too!

Comment

Ask yourself what you like (within the limits of what is halal of course), not what society expects from you. Society expects you to have a job and a social life and to like being with people, but clearly you don't enjoy that, so don't be a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. As others have said, work on repairing your relationship with Allah (swt). Aside from that, ask yourself if there's anything you actually do like?

My best friend got depressed when he spent too much time trying to live up to societal and family expectations of him by going to uni even though he hated the fitnah environment there and ended up wasting two years of his life on that before dropping out. One thing I noticed about him was how much better he felt around animals. He went through months of moping around complaining that he was a useless person who was probably a disappointment to his family (I believe this was just his perception and not reality as he's a good decent son). Then he got a cat and although he was still depressed, he spent only half his time complaining about his 'useless' life instead of all the time, because the rest of the time he was preoccupied with the needs of his cat and how she'd try to get his attention in various ways and taking her to appointments and making sure she's fed regularly. It wasn't a cure for how he felt but I could tell this lifted his mood and diverted his mind away from such thoughts and was good for him. He also needed anti depressants to help him function and to alleviate his social anxiety.

I'm not telling you to get a cat. I'm saying find something that helps you feel better, even if it's only for an hour a day. It could be something as simple as walking through a park, or volunteering at an animal shelter, or sewing, baking, drawing, colouring in, or taking an evening class in something you always wanted to learn but never got round to, or even learning from a youtube tutorial if you don't feel like going outside and facing new people. It might only divert your mind for a short time, but it's better than nothing and it's something you can build on by developing those skills or selling those bakes (or serving to family or guests) and just focussing your mind on something on something that makes you feel better, even if it's only for a while. If the evening class doesn't work out then try something else, but try something that is more likely to work for you. Don't look at how society expects you to have a conventional degree and career. Instead look at what gets that awful feeling out of your head and pursue that. It could be a hobby, or a passion or just simply a stroll on the beach, but if it works- keep it up and see where that takes you.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Loving View Post

That's right! I would just add this - when you turn to Allah instead of people, Allah will give you people too!
            The Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said, " Whoever makes the worldly life his greatest concern, Allah will place poverty between his eyes and make his affairs scattered. He will only attain that which is decreed for him and he will awake and sleep in a state of poverty. And a slave does not draw near to Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, except that Allah will make the hearts of the believers turn to him with love and mercy. And Allah is quick in bringing good." Authenticated by Al-Albani in Sahih at Tirmidhi
            قد كانت لكم أسوة حسنة في إبراهيم والذين معه إذ قالوا لقومهم إنا برآء منكم ومما تعبدون من دون الله كفرنا بكم وبدا بيننا وبينكم العداوة والبغضاء أبدا حتى تؤمنوا بالله وحده

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

The Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said, " Whoever makes the worldly life his greatest concern, Allah will place poverty between his eyes and make his affairs scattered. He will only attain that which is decreed for him and he will awake and sleep in a state of poverty. And a slave does not draw near to Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, except that Allah will make the hearts of the believers turn to him with love and mercy. And Allah is quick in bringing good." Authenticated by Al-Albani in Sahih at Tirmidhi
              Beautiful reminder!

Comment

Working...
              X