Bengali partners mum will not accept me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengali partners mum will not accept me

Hi there, i am a turkish new muslim, i have recently reverted. My partner is a bengali muslim, we have been together for over a year now but had broken up recently because he is saying his mum will never accept me because i am not bengali and a revert (my father is muslim)I personally have hope, but he cant risk losing his family. Is there anything i can do? - his family do not know about me.

Originally posted by Denaea View Post
    Hi there, i am a turkish new muslim, i have recently reverted. My partner is a bengali muslim, we have been together for over a year now but had broken up recently because he is saying his mum will never accept me because i am not bengali and a revert (my father is muslim)I personally have hope, but he cant risk losing his family. Is there anything i can do? - his family do not know about me.
    As-salamu alaykum

Coming from a male, I would say stop contact with him and try to forget about him. If he says his family will not accept you, this is just an excuse to say he doesn't want to marry you. He wants you as his girlfriend or to use you for his desires, but he doesn't want to commit to you. If he wanted to marry you, he doesn't need his parents' permission.

Since you've only been 'together' for a year, it won't take that long for your heart to heal. So cut off contact with him and try to forget him. Focus instead on establishing prayer and worship, and to learn about Islam. Focus on your Hereafter.

Also, if they won't accept you just because of your ethnicity, then stay far away from such people. They are ignorant and have preferred their culture over the religion and over good morals.

You can read this about the topic of male-female relationships in Islam: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8201...m-relationship

Comment

No sorry you are wrong, he has planned his whole future with me and has told some of his family about me, just not his parents, now that we are not together he is really depressed. I do agree they are ignorant, but i am trying to find a way that they will accept me, even if they disagree at first

Comment

Originally posted by Denaea View Post
        No sorry you are wrong, he has planned his whole future with me and has told some of his family about me, just not his parents, now that we are not together he is really depressed. I do agree they are ignorant, but i am trying to find a way that they will accept me, even if they disagree at first
        why do you want to waste your life proving to people that you are good enough.

if he isn't allowed to make a decision on his own how much more will his parents have to be okay with for him to be okay with it.

I am not saying he shouldn't take their blessings but he should be a man and decide.

My concern is would you always be needing to be good enough??

Comment

Is Denaea a male or female? whats with this term PARTNER? you arent married, then there is no partnership,

if you are same gender, thats an entirely different problem
          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

I am a female (: and he wants to marry me

Comment

Working...
            X