Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay
    replied
    In the link that .khayriyyah. shared, there was an authentic Hadith mentioned:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
    "Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments"

This Hadith should make things clear

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    Musical instruments are corrupt. Ibn Hazm (may Allah have mercy on him) made mistakes just like anyone else.

The site focuses on the Quran and Sunnah with the understanding of the pious predecessors, and they did not abandon taking knowledge from the scholars of ahlus sunnah. The site is not perfect, but this opinion is in line with everything previously mentioned.

Just as a reminder: Allah knows what's in your heart. He knows whether you're sincere or insincere. Beware of shopping around for fatawa that suit your desires. I'm not saying you are as I don't know what's in your heart, but you need to be wary of this as too many people fall into it, especially in this matter.
    Idk who inn khazam was.
    I used to use that site a lot, but it seems unnecessarily strict and conflicts with what I've been taught in my family(which is obviously at a higher rank that some random website on the web). Have stopped using the website.

I don't think I'm really looking around for fatawa for that. I used to listen to music a lot, then heard it was Haram and almost completely stopped listening to it (I say almost bc you can't avoid it, it's in dramas, games, YouTube videos, basically all online entertainment). 

Since then I came across this hadith in my islamiat school book, and I was like whaaaat. Then I started thinking deeper like why would the prophet allow anything bad so I started listening to music again. Not as much as before, just from time to time. I do not understand why people say instruments are corrupt, and why they seem to be ignoring this authentic Hadith.

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied
    Musical instruments are corrupt. Ibn Hazm (may Allah have mercy on him) made mistakes just like anyone else.

The site focuses on the Quran and Sunnah with the understanding of the pious predecessors, and they did not abandon taking knowledge from the scholars of ahlus sunnah. The site is not perfect, but this opinion is in line with everything previously mentioned.

Just as a reminder: Allah knows what's in your heart. He knows whether you're sincere or insincere. Beware of shopping around for fatawa that suit your desires. I'm not saying you are as I don't know what's in your heart, but you need to be wary of this as too many people fall into it, especially in this matter.
    Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 13-12-19, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied
    Dw I just follow 2 series mainly and they don't have anything like violence shirk etc.
    Don't think I've ever seen anything off in any of the series I watch
    Last edited by Bolt; 13-12-19, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    some anime songs are bad 
    thats abit risky

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Such as ?
    Anime openings and endings mostly. Here's an example: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lQGoJSvoaXg

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt View Post

All the music I listen to doesn't contain anything like that. They are mostly songs meant to uplift someone, motivational etc.
    Such as ?

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied
    All the music I listen to doesn't contain anything like that. They are mostly songs meant to uplift someone, motivational etc.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied
    Regarding this hadith:

In a similar vein is the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), when her father (may Allaah be pleased with him) entered upon her at the time of Eid, and there were two young girls with her who were singing the verses that the Ansaar had said on the day of Bu’aath – and any sensible person will know what people say about war. Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Musical instruments of the Shaytaan in the house of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)!” The Messenger of Allaah had turned away from them and was facing the wall – hence some scholars said that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) would not tell anybody off in front of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but he thought that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was not paying attention to what was happening. And Allaah knows best. He (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said: “Leave them alone, O Abu Bakr, for every nation has its Eid, and this is our Eid, the people of Islam.” This hadeeth shows that it was not the habit of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions to gather to listen to singing, hence Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq called it “the musical instruments of the Shaytaan”. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of this appellation and did not deny it when he said, “Leave them alone, for every nation has its Eid and this is our Eid.” This indicates that the reason why this was permitted was because it was the time of Eid, and the prohibition remained in effect at times other than Eid, apart from the exceptions made for weddings in other ahaadeeth. Shaykh al-Albaani explained this in his valuable book Tahreem Aalaat al-Tarab (the Prohibition of Musical Instruments). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of young girls singing at Eid, as stated in the hadeeth: “So that the mushrikeen will know that in our religion there is room for relaxation.” There is no indication in the hadeeth about the two young girls that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was listening to them. The commands and prohibitions have to do with listening, not merely hearing, just as in the case of seeing, the rules have to do with intentionally looking and not what happens by accident. So it is clear that this is for women only. Imaam Abu ‘Ubayd (may Allaah have mercy on him) defined the daff as “that which is played by women.” (Ghareeb al-Hadeeth, 3/64).

Some of them use as evidence the hadeeth about the singing of the two young girls, which we have discussed above, but we will quote what Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, because it is valuable:

I am amazed that you quote as evidence for allowing listening to sophisticated songs the report which we mentioned about how two young girls who were below the age of puberty sang to a young woman on the day of Eid some verses of Arab poetry about bravery in war and other noble characteristics. How can you compare this to that? What is strange is that this hadeeth is one of the strongest proofs against them. The greatest speaker of the truth [Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq] called them musical instruments of the Shaytaan, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of that appellation, but he made an exception in the case of these two young girls who had not yet reached the age of responsibility and the words of whose songs could not corrupt anyone who listened to them. Can this be used as evidence to allow what you do and what you know of listening (to music) which includes (bad) things which are not hidden?! Subhaan Allaah! How people can be led astray! (Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/493).

Ibn al-Jawzi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) was young at that time; nothing was transmitted from her after she reached the age of puberty except condemnation of singing. Her brother’s son, al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad, condemned singing and said that it was not allowed to listen to it, and he took his knowledge from her. (Talbees Iblees, 229). Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: A group of the Sufis used this hadeeth – the hadeeth about the two young girls – as evidence that singing is allowed and it is allowed to listen to it, whether it is accompanied by instruments or not. This view is sufficiently refuted by the clear statement of ‘Aa’ishah in the following hadeeth, where she says, “They were not singers.” She made it clear that they were not singers as such, although this may be understood from the wording of the report. So we should limit it to what was narrated in the text as regards the occasion and the manner, so as to reduce the risk of going against the principle, i.e., the hadeeth. And Allaah knows best. (Fath al-Baari, 2/442-443).

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/5000...ng-and-dancing

The link contains a lot of valuable information regarding this subject.
    I listen to clean songs, so no corruption. Don't see anything wrong yet. Open for further argument. The site you have mentioned I find to be very close-minded, so I am not reading it(especially bc I have already seen their answer for this before).

Further, I don't really make it a habit either, just occasional, so it doesn't seem wrong.
    Last edited by Bolt; 13-12-19, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Seems bias tbh

the argument is alot deeper than islamqa makes it seem especially with what ibn hazm has said
    I agree

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Regarding this hadith:

In a similar vein is the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), when her father (may Allaah be pleased with him) entered upon her at the time of Eid, and there were two young girls with her who were singing the verses that the Ansaar had said on the day of Bu’aath – and any sensible person will know what people say about war. Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Musical instruments of the Shaytaan in the house of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)!” The Messenger of Allaah had turned away from them and was facing the wall – hence some scholars said that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) would not tell anybody off in front of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but he thought that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was not paying attention to what was happening. And Allaah knows best. He (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said: “Leave them alone, O Abu Bakr, for every nation has its Eid, and this is our Eid, the people of Islam.” This hadeeth shows that it was not the habit of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions to gather to listen to singing, hence Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq called it “the musical instruments of the Shaytaan”. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of this appellation and did not deny it when he said, “Leave them alone, for every nation has its Eid and this is our Eid.” This indicates that the reason why this was permitted was because it was the time of Eid, and the prohibition remained in effect at times other than Eid, apart from the exceptions made for weddings in other ahaadeeth. Shaykh al-Albaani explained this in his valuable book Tahreem Aalaat al-Tarab (the Prohibition of Musical Instruments). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of young girls singing at Eid, as stated in the hadeeth: “So that the mushrikeen will know that in our religion there is room for relaxation.” There is no indication in the hadeeth about the two young girls that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was listening to them. The commands and prohibitions have to do with listening, not merely hearing, just as in the case of seeing, the rules have to do with intentionally looking and not what happens by accident. So it is clear that this is for women only. Imaam Abu ‘Ubayd (may Allaah have mercy on him) defined the daff as “that which is played by women.” (Ghareeb al-Hadeeth, 3/64).

Some of them use as evidence the hadeeth about the singing of the two young girls, which we have discussed above, but we will quote what Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, because it is valuable:

I am amazed that you quote as evidence for allowing listening to sophisticated songs the report which we mentioned about how two young girls who were below the age of puberty sang to a young woman on the day of Eid some verses of Arab poetry about bravery in war and other noble characteristics. How can you compare this to that? What is strange is that this hadeeth is one of the strongest proofs against them. The greatest speaker of the truth [Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq] called them musical instruments of the Shaytaan, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of that appellation, but he made an exception in the case of these two young girls who had not yet reached the age of responsibility and the words of whose songs could not corrupt anyone who listened to them. Can this be used as evidence to allow what you do and what you know of listening (to music) which includes (bad) things which are not hidden?! Subhaan Allaah! How people can be led astray! (Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/493).

Ibn al-Jawzi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) was young at that time; nothing was transmitted from her after she reached the age of puberty except condemnation of singing. Her brother’s son, al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad, condemned singing and said that it was not allowed to listen to it, and he took his knowledge from her. (Talbees Iblees, 229). Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: A group of the Sufis used this hadeeth – the hadeeth about the two young girls – as evidence that singing is allowed and it is allowed to listen to it, whether it is accompanied by instruments or not. This view is sufficiently refuted by the clear statement of ‘Aa’ishah in the following hadeeth, where she says, “They were not singers.” She made it clear that they were not singers as such, although this may be understood from the wording of the report. So we should limit it to what was narrated in the text as regards the occasion and the manner, so as to reduce the risk of going against the principle, i.e., the hadeeth. And Allaah knows best. (Fath al-Baari, 2/442-443).

Seems bias tbh

the argument is alot deeper than islamqa makes it seem especially with what ibn hazm has said

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied
    Regarding this hadith:

Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 13-12-19, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    It is a scholarly debate whether music in and of it self is haram with evidences from both sides one of them being the hadith you showed

Instruments being another scholarly debate

no doubt most music in this day and age is haram since it talka about violence, zina, shirk and so on but singing without bad speech it is debatable between ulama

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    started a topic Hadith on Singing

Hadith on Singing

There's a Hadith when Abu bakr came to Aisha's house the girls were singing and the prophet said "Let them sing, it is the day of Eid
    Last edited by Bolt; 13-12-19, 12:09 PM.
Working...
X