• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riba and life as a muslim

Bismillah,

please watch the following video

https://youtu.be/p3EBLanQVZU

Its very hard to avoid riba fully especially living in the west whether its bank accounts, paying for fees or renting a house theres seems to be a way riba is connected. In what countries is this kind of lifestyle that contains riba avoidable. Where can you live without a bank account, without paying late fees charge, riba contracts like 6 months free then 1% charge and so on etc.

One brother mentioned to me when it comes to paying for things without loans-

some obviously pay cash and some pay cheque for example... but cheque you will be charged 8% to cash if without a bank account so trying to avoid all this nonsense and have a cash only life with cash rent and cash job... you start involving yourself with fiat currency thats all based on ribah and its value is based on libor which is an average of riba.

Another way riba effects us and we dont realise

Comment

Feel free to mention other transactions or processes that involve riba

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
        ..so trying to avoid all this nonsense and have a cash only life with cash rent and cash job..
        I know what you mean..
        I didn't have a bank account for years. I avoided it.
        By the time my children were becoming adults (I have 8 children), I was forced to open a bank account,
        due to govt/council policy.

I'm happy enough with it .. I have no intention of closing my account etc.
        I do not want any interest from the account, and they are providing a service.

..but I agree with you that the underlying system is haram

I wouldn't recommend people to not take a particular job due to lack of a bank account.
        Most employers require a bank account these days .. there is no harm and:-

"Allah SWT loves those who earn their living professionally" .
        He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Deleted.
          Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 02:44 PM.

Comment

It is just sad how somepeople try to justify what seems to be clear riba and they get fatwa from here and there, from those who call themselves scholars. they are not aware of how bad Riba is.

O you who have believed, fear Allah and give up what remains [due to you] of interest, if you should be believers ( Al-baqarah: 278)

And if you do not, then be informed of a war [against you] from Allah and His Messenger. But if you repent, you may have your principal - [thus] you do no wrong, nor are you wronged. (279)

Comment

People don't care about riba. And all the lectures about it are for the minority who avoid it instead of the majority. The ones who avoid it need lectures reminding them to continue despite the 'disadvantages'it causes.
              Last edited by usernametaken; 22-10-19, 10:40 PM.

Comment

https://www.sukuk.com/education/al-azhar-university-fatwa-interest-bank-deposits-271/

Comment

Its saying its halal?

but some ulama said in certain countries having a bank account is daroora as there is no way to live without one.
                  For jobs, accomodation, proof of identification etc  bank account is needed.

Comment

Its saying its halal?

but some ulama said in certain countries having a bank account is daroora as there is no way to live without one.
                    For jobs, accomodation, proof of identification etc¬ bank account is needed.
                    ¬
                    Yes they say it is halal.
                    not just to have a bank account but to get a fixed inte1rest on the money you have in the bank

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post

Yes they say it is halal.
                      not just to have a bank account but to get a fixed inte1rest on the money you have in the bank
                      SubhanAllah

but even when you have a bank account you dont need to receive interest money

you can just use the account to put your own money in for savings (although the bank will use that for their purposes and so use it for riba)

Comment

SubhanAllah

but even when you have a bank account you dont need to receive interest money

you can just use the account to put your own money in for savings (although the bank will use that for their purposes and so use it for riba)
                        There are two types of bank accounts. One which you can just put the money with no interest and the other one with interest.

^This fatwa is about bank certificate which is you buy a certificate for 100,000 for example with an interest rate of 10% and it has a certain duration it could be for a year and you can't use the money until the year is over. Once the year is over , you get that 10% percent increase. I just don"t understand how they justify this and give a fatwa that it is not riba. A lot of people here are buying these certificates.

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post
                          ..Once the year is over , you get that 10% percent increase. I just don"t understand how they justify this and give a fatwa that it is not riba. A lot of people here are buying these certificates.
                          People will seek scholars who "allow" them to do whatever they want to do .. that is my experience.
                          If people are happy to commit adultery with their mothers...
                          He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

People will seek scholars who "allow" them to do whatever they want to do .. that is my experience.
                            If people are happy to commit adultery with their mothers...
                            Exactly 

Comment

Feel free to mention other transactions or processes that involve riba
                              . you start involving yourself with fiat currency thats all based on ribah and its value is based on libor which is an average of riba.

Comment

Working...
                              X