Doing Wudu is bothering me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing Wudu is bothering me

I find it very difficult to do wudu I like praying and hope to pray regularly but the wudu feels like a huge obstacle. Every time I do wudu to pray I feel anger and am in a bad mood. I also tend to become grumpy and unsocial. If a force myself to do wudu then i force myself to do other deeds like praying in the mosque every prayer and reading excessive amounts of Quran
    feels like I cannot find a balance. It is either that I do wudu ,pray and do too much deeds or that I do no deeds at all. I ask Allah to help me a lot but I have been like this for years and feel very hopeless. I have even tried to pray once a day then gradually increase the prayers. I wish I could hear of someone who has passed this stage and that i be given useful tips.

Best wishes
    ​​​​​​​a brother from another mother

Keep making dua. I had the same situation as you, except I wasn't as good as you ma sha Allah in making up with many good deeds. If you keep asking Allah for something He will help you.

Maybe make this dua, and also ask your parents to make this dua for you too. You and your parents can make the dua multiple times.
    14:40] O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring O our Lord! and accept Thou my Prayer.
    “Rabbi-Ajal’ni muqeema salaati, wa min Dhurriyyati, rabbana wataqabbal duaa”

Read this story:
    https://asqfish.wordpress.com/2010/0...your-children/

I would also recommend that when you read the lots of qur'an you usually read, to blow into water (and make sure you read surah falaq and nas too) and drink it as ruqya.

I have a strong feeling shaytan is making you angry because he hates salat, it makes him so sad to see someone bow to Allah and not to him.

There was a hadith if I recall correctly, of a voice wailing near madina or makka when the Prophet PBUH was there. I think (paraphrasing if i recall correctly) the Prophet PBUH said it was shaytan's voice despairing of never being worshipped in the world or the Arab lands again.

He doesn't want us to bow to Allah. Here is another hadith explaining what I mean:

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “When the son of Adam recites a verse of prostration and he prostrates, Satan withdraws and he weeps and he says: Woe to me! The son of Adam was commanded to prostrate and he prostrated, so he will go to Paradise. I was commanded to prostrate and I refused, so I will go to Hellfire.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 81

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

Its so true, I have waswasa problems or sihr affliction and when I do salat, I often hear feel sadness or dread but I know its not me, as I feel happy to do salat. Its just the shaytan from the sihr affliction who is upset.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Hello brother from another mother. I'd say do wudu but don't pray excessively. Remember moderation is key.

Comment

Working...
      X