Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying What We Know | Let's All Pick Something & Strive to Apply It, inshaa'Allah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying What We Know | Let's All Pick Something & Strive to Apply It, inshaa'Allah

Bismillah-ir-Rahmaan-ir-Raheem.

Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullah.

It's a simple idea.

We live in a time where there's an abundance of knowledge and access to it is easier than ever, yet many of us find ourselves allowing that knowledge to enter our minds and leave with nothing more than a momentary thought on it.

If you're not like this and are actively striving to acquire positive habits, enacting what we are taught in the Qur'an and the sunnah of Rasoolullah sallallahu'alayhi wasallam, alhamdulillah. May Allah Ta'aalaa grant barakah in your efforts. There's no shortage of things for us to work on though, so it applies for us all.

1. Let's choose something (1 or more) from the teachings of our Deen - anything - and make a commitment to bringing it into our lives.

2. Set a period of time to strive in implementing it to help it become a habit, or if cautious about the merits of this, then strive without setting a time.

3. Without disclosing what it is, post here from time to time to remind the self, collectively encourage one another, reflect, update on progress and how we're finding things.

The list is endless, and even if we've covered something, we can revisit it to consolidate whatever it is, inshaa'Allah.

Just a few ideas...

Recite a portion of Qur'an every day without miss.

Recite daily with translation.

Make daily istighfaar.

Send salawaat daily.

Set aside a time to sit in dhikr or muraaqabah¬¬¬†

Focus on Praying the Salah early, in jama'ah if male.

Focus on composure in Salah.

To slow down when it comes to all our 'ibaadaat.

Add days of nawaafil fasts.

Pray Tahajjud regularly.

Go without or cut down time on TV and with the phone

Lessen our Speech.

Commit to treating the creation with rahmah

Focus on kindness towards our parents.

Focus on our treatment towards our husbands/wife for those married.

Spend time daily reading, acquiring ilm, exposing ourselves to reminders

Working on the sincerity of our intentions.

Etc, etc... The point is for us to avoid being indifferent or oblivious, to avoid being like the munaafiqoon and wrongdoers from the bani israaeel, and to be engaged in a constant process of actively and consciously striving to practice what we know, inshaa'Allah.

(Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullah)

وَلَا تَكُونُواْ كَٱلَّذِينَ قَالُواْ سَمِعۡنَا وَهُمۡ لَا يَسۡمَعُونَ

"And do not be like those who say, "We have heard," while they do not hear.

-Sura Al-Anfal, Ayah 21

يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱسۡتَجِيبُواْ لِلَّهِ وَلِلرَّسُولِ إِذَا دَعَاكُمۡ لِمَا يُحۡيِيكُمۡۖ وَٱعۡلَمُوٓاْ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَحُولُ بَيۡنَ ٱلۡمَرۡءِ وَقَلۡبِهِۦ وَأَنَّهُۥٓ إِلَيۡهِ تُحۡشَرُونَ

O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life. And know that Allah intervenes between a man and his heart and that to Him you will be gathered.

-Sura Al-Anfal, Ayah 24

مَثَلُ ٱلَّذِينَ حُمِّلُواْ ٱلتَّوۡرَىٰةَ ثُمَّ لَمۡ يَحۡمِلُوهَا كَمَثَلِ ٱلۡحِمَارِ يَحۡمِلُ أَسۡفَارَۢاۚ بِئۡسَ مَثَلُ ٱلۡقَوۡمِ ٱلَّذِينَ كَذَّبُواْ بِـَٔايَٰتِ ٱللَّهِۚ وَٱللَّهُ لَا يَهۡدِي ٱلۡقَوۡمَ ٱلظَّٰلِمِينَ

The example of those who were entrusted with the Torah and then did not take it on is like that of a donkey who carries volumes [of books]. Wretched is the example of the people who deny the signs of Allah . And Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people.

-Sura Al-Jumu'ah, Ayah 5

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
    -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Day 1 with two different actions to implement. (Allah Ta'aalaa grant us all tawfeeq.)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
      Bismillah-ir-Rahmaan-ir-Raheem.
      Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullah.

To slow down when it comes to all our 'ibaadaat.
      Commit to treating the creation with rahmah
      Working on the sincerity of our intentions..
      Ameen.
      I picked those out as I've found many people to be rude on this site.
      I'm sure that I'm often rude myself, but I don't accuse people of being "kaffirs" due to disagreement.
      Very sad.
      He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

(Brothers and sisters:

eesa the kiwi Al-Mualim Abu julaybeeb Stoic Believer Kiro Morose @laila the Muslim Ya'sin Indefinable Layla. aelmo Eorlingas Veracity ).

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH

Comment

Day 1 with two different actions to implement. (Allah Ta'aalaa grant us all tawfeeq.)
          Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
          Ameen ya rabb 
          beautiful thread, May Allah reward you with goodness. I’ve chosen a couple of things to implement & I will come back & reflect Insha Allah¬†

https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Ameen
            jazak Allah khairan

Comment

Alhamdulillaah.

Great initiative.

I've chosen a couple from the list.

Comment

Alhamdulillah. Really glad to see others have responded to this thread. Baarakallah feekum. Just thought I'd mention if not doing so already to request very frequently from Allah Ta'aalaa in du'aa those things we're looking to implement in our lives. 

(Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullah.)
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH

Comment

Jazak'Allah Khair for the reminder!
                  Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Memorize more Qur'an and learn more Arabic as I learn new surahs ^_^
                    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Day 2 almost over. Alhamdulillah, seems to be going well. Noticing some positive differences by the kindness of Allah Ta'aalaa. 

Rabbanaa laa tuzigh quluubanaa ba'da idh hadaytanaa wa hab lanaa min-ladunkra rahmah. Innaka antal Wahhaab

(To everyone else, let's keep our resolve firm, inshaa'Allah.)
                      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH

Comment

(Alhamdulillah. I hope everyone is managing to keep up with what they've set...)
                        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH

Comment

(Laa ilaaha illallaah)
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH

Comment

A reminder for myself and others, even if we fall short, miss a day, an instance, become lax, etc, we shouldn't allow our resolve to dwindle and die.

Innallaaha yuhibbut-tawwaabeena wa yuhibbul mutatahhireen

¬¬†
                            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH

Comment

Allahul mustaa’aan, I haven’t really been able to keep up with what I set. But it’s important to keep it moving Insha allah & to continue to strive. I think I am going to change what I chose because sometimes I try to do too much & then I can’t keep up & I despair. I have now chose one thing that I am going to do Insha allah & I really hope I can keep up¬†
                              https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X