Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alimah Course & Uni

Salaam everyone,

I am really adamant on doing an Alimah Course as well as a study for a university degree at the same time.
    The Alimah course will most likely be part-time and online (as there aren't any courses here in New Zealand).
    I have already learned 70 or so Hadith, can read the Qur'an with tajweed and I know the conditions for namaz, wudhu, ghusl, etc, so trying to manage both uni and the Aalimah course isn't too much of a concern for me.

But the problem I am currently facing is trying to find which degree I should do.
    If it helps, I am currently a Year 12 studying English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology & Physics.

Any suggestions are welcome!

JazaakAllah.
    الْحَمْد لله

Originally posted by Zainab View Post
    Salaam everyone,

I am really adamant on doing an Alimah Course as well as a study for a university degree at the same time.
    The Alimah course will most likely be part-time and online (as there aren't any courses here in New Zealand).
    I have already learned 70 or so Hadith, can read the Qur'an with tajweed and I know the conditions for namaz, wudhu, ghusl, etc, so trying to manage both uni and the Aalimah course isn't too much of a concern for me.

But the problem I am currently facing is trying to find which degree I should do.
    If it helps, I am currently a Year 12 studying English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology & Physics.

JazaakAllah.

Alhamdulillah.

I'm not sure if those things mentioned are enough to gauge whether not it would be manageable/easy, though.
    It's a very demanding thing even on its own if done seriously.

May Allah Ta'aalaa facilitate and make it easy.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
    -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Salaam everyone,

JazaakAllah.

Hmm do the course, that u like, that u think challenges you and you can grow with and learn a lot of crucial and vital knowledge and skills with. Maybe medicine to be a doctor? :)
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I do not know how new zealand works but if they charge for university please do not take interest based loans to pay for university as that is riba and is a major sin worse than even zina

second of all only go university to do a proper degree that you can make something of yourself and contribute to the ummah
        dont waste years studying just for the sake of it to have a certificate
        (Most likely you will find it hard to do both and most will end up compromising and focusing on one and alot of the time it will be islamic studies that is compromised on)
        focus on islamic studies as muslim women and girls need role models teachers and shaykhas that can teach them and be a role model for them
        only do a degree if you really need it and really have a plan of what u want to use it for and make something out of it

it could be medicine, dentistry, engineering, nursing, midwifery, teaching
        something that can help you contribute to the ummah

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
          I do not know how new zealand works but if they charge for university please do not take interest based loans to pay for university as that is riba and is a major sin worse than even zina
          second of all only go university to do a proper degree that you can make something of yourself and contribute to the ummah
          dont waste years studying just for the sake of it to have a certificate
          (Most likely you will find it hard to do both and most will end up compromising and focusing on one and alot of the time it will be islamic studies that is compromised on)
          focus on islamic studies as muslim women and girls need role models teachers and shaykhas that can teach them and be a role model for them
          only do a degree if you really need it and really have a plan of what u want to use it for and make something out of it
          it could be medicine, dentistry, engineering, nursing, midwifery, teaching
          something that can help you contribute to the ummah
          NZ has a first-year fees-free scheme, and so maybe I can use this first year to figure if I can actually manage to do both the Alimah course and uni, & in the case where I decide I want to pursue only 1 thing, it will be the Alimah course (Insha'Allah).
          As for the degree, I am leaning more towards optometry and engineering.
          Jazakallah for your response.
          الْحَمْد لله

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Alhamdulillah.

I'm not sure if those things mentioned are enough to gauge whether not it would be manageable/easy, though.
            It's a very demanding thing even on its own if done seriously.

May Allah Ta'aalaa facilitate and make it easy.
            My Ustada (teacher) has said that by the time I have finished high school I will have learnt around 1-2 years worth of the knowledge taught during the Alimah course (Insha'Allah), hence I said I might be able to manage.
            But in the case of choosing one thing, I will choose the Alimah course, and I hope to open my own Islamic Learning Institution (that's the dream) or start a small side business.

Last edited by Zainab; 08-07-19, 11:17 PM.
            الْحَمْد لله

Comment

NZ has a first-year fees-free scheme, and so maybe I can use this first year to figure if I can actually manage to do both the Alimah course and uni, & in the case where I decide I want to pursue only 1 thing, it will be the Alimah course (Insha'Allah).
              As for the degree, I am leaning more towards optometry and engineering.
              Both are good
              optometry might be better as engineering is more a men based environment so alot of the time would include more free mixing but then again the ummah might need female engineers in muslim countries

think about it and do istikhara

Comment

My Ustada (teacher) has said that by the time I have finished high school I will have learnt around 1-2 years worth of the knowledge taught during the Alimah course (Insha'Allah), hence I said I might be able to manage.
                But in the case of choosing one thing, I will choose the Alimah course, and I hope to open my own Islamic Learning Institution (that's the dream) or start a small side business.

I would definitely prioritise your Islamic studies and work towards your dream of opening an Islamic Learning Institution in sha'Allah. The world needs more ustadhas and this would be a very worthwhile thing to do.
                Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

Originally posted by niqaabi_nusrat View Post

I would definitely prioritise your Islamic studies and work towards your dream of opening an Islamic Learning Institution in sha'Allah. The world needs more ustadhas and this would be a very worthwhile thing to do.
                  Jazakallah sister. Insha'Allah this dream will come true.
                  الْحَمْد لله

Comment

Working...
                  X