Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neelu
    replied
    ^That's definitely not what I was looking for.

Thanks, but there's no need for any further suggestions as I've found a few outlets and bought the stuff I wanted. I found one other online outlet and the stuff I bought looks gorgeous, but I don't want to try it on until after I have a bath- whenever that happens. Also haven't washed it yet. Finding something that looks nice, in a good fabric at a reasonable price is only half the battle- the other half is checking it fits and doesn't mess up in the wash.

Leave a comment:

• Islam hashtag
    replied
    You can try this Online shop.They are very reliable known as eastessence.They are  giving upto 75 %Off these days and sometimes they give free delivery too.You will definitely love them. -https://bit.ly/35Ip5GH

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    This is very helpful jazakillah khayr

Originally posted by Veracity View Post
    Janan do clothing from a variety of designers so I couldn't vouch for all of them. I've bought from Janan in Birmingham and I guess it's all the same. The limelight and Gul Ahmed ready made kurtas didn't shrink or colour bleed. I prefer unstitched and if you buy unstitched, it's best to wash the fabric before you get it stitched, so that if it does shrink it won't affect the final size. I've bought Baroque, Rang Rasiya, Agha Noor and few others and they didn't bleed colour. However, I do prefer chiffon thou and maybe the other materials would colour run when washed. Not sure if this post was at all useful.

Leave a comment:

• Veracity
    replied
    Janan do clothing from a variety of designers so I couldn't vouch for all of them. I've bought from Janan in Birmingham and I guess it's all the same. The limelight and Gul Ahmed ready made kurtas didn't shrink or colour bleed. I prefer unstitched and if you buy unstitched, it's best to wash the fabric before you get it stitched, so that if it does shrink it won't affect the final size. I've bought Baroque, Rang Rasiya, Agha Noor and few others and they didn't bleed colour. However, I do prefer chiffon thou and maybe the other materials would colour run when washed. Not sure if this post was at all useful.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    Last edited by neelu; 07-09-19, 11:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Veracity
    replied
    Sister, have you tried diyaonline? Personally I don't like buying clothing items online as it's never as you expect but if that's your only option then google diyaonline. The site should have a sizing guide so it should make it easier to order the correct size. I'm not sure if they do a lawn collection thou. Also some shops in Southall or even Green St might have instagram pages. Have a look on there and they might be able to post/ deliver it to you. Also, if you have somebody who can go shopping for you, they can go into a shop and video call you so you can choose your outfits.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    I wound up ordering shalwar kameezzes from 3 different places and every single one has had problems. I returned one outfit to suits me but they didn't refund it and the other outfit I got from there has shrunk in the wash. I bought two outfits from ebay which look and fit okay but smell of mothballs even after 2 washes. I did get a kurti from damak and although it looks too big for me, I'll wait and see if it shrinks to the right size in the wash before drawing any conclusions. ALL items have colour run problems even in the cool wash.

They look okay and were a decent price but this is quite frustrating.
    It's difficult to buy stuff online as we don't know what to expect.

Marks and Spencer's do some nice tunics which are modest, comfortable and they last long.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    I wound up ordering shalwar kameezzes from 3 different places and every single one has had problems. I returned one outfit to suits me but they didn't refund it and the other outfit I got from there has shrunk in the wash. I bought two outfits from ebay which look and fit okay but smell of mothballs even after 2 washes. I did get a kurti from damak and although it looks too big for me, I'll wait and see if it shrinks to the right size in the wash before drawing any conclusions. ALL items have colour run problems even in the cool wash.

They look okay and were a decent price but this is quite frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    If you know the fb page link, then please send me that- jazakillah khayr. I don't use WhatsApp. I haven't had problems finding dresses online, it's more shalwar kameezzes and kurtas, especially ones that are 100% cotton, long sleeved and not tabarruj.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    I haven't ordered from Damak. But Modanisa does some lovely clothing. Not Shalwar Kameez though, more dresses. 

The Selma Sari range is comfortable for home wear and modest too. 

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    One of my friend's  owns a shop, which does really comfortable shalwar kameez. 

If you're interested, I can PM you her number and she can send you what she has in stock via WhatsApp, and you can arrange delivery etc. 

Let me know if you're interested. I think she has an FB page, but no website. 

Leave a comment:

• (Sisters only) Asian ladieswear: shalwar kameez, kurtis etc

https://www.damak.co.uk/
Working...
X