Whatís your Ďscreen timeí ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatís your Ďscreen timeí ?

Those of you with iPhones whatís your screen times? Erm mine is something crazy like 6hours per day (which ¬*has gone down by quite a bit actually!) but I cannot fathom how on earth I manage to spend that much time on my phone per day especially as I work as well..¬*

in my defence, I use my phone for YouTube so I know that the bulk of my screen time is on YouTube.¬*

im going to start comparing my weekly screen time and try and reduce it so that Iím on my phone 3hours max per day¬*

can someone please come on here and make me feel really bad by telling me that their screen time is something like 2 hours so that I fix myself up?¬*
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu
    Screentime that has no benefit like xbox etc is what I'd be worried about so if your screen time has purpose such as studying Islam on YouTube then think of those six hours as an investment into your aakirah

Allahu alim
    Abdullah Ibn al-Mubarak: "One doesn't become noble with any type of knowledge if he doesn't beautify his knowledge with good conduct." (Adab Shar'iyyah 4/208)

Comment

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

subhanallah itís funny how Shaytaan gets to the believer. In recent times, I have been using my phone a lot more for beneficial things & itís only then when Iíve started to think right let me limit my screen time! Whereas when I really was procrastinating & using my phone for perhaps not so good things such as online shopping, it never really occurred to me to limit my screen time!

¬*

Comment

My screen time this week has been something crazy like 49 hours :| I am using my phone for beneficial things but this cannot be good for my eyesight! I must invest in a laptop .....

Comment

My screen time in front of my computer is probably between 2-5 hours a day.¬* Then there's around 4 hours a day that I watch TV.¬* My phone usage isn't a problem as it isn't a smart phone so I use it for texts and phone calls.

Computer time is mainly to feel connected to the world as I'm housebound but half of that time on social media does feel wasted sometimes.¬* It depends on what's posted I guess.¬* If friends are posting informative stuff then it feels like time well spent whereas if it's shallow nonsense or pointless arguments then it feels like time wasted.¬* If it weren't for my disability, I'd be spending more time on constructive and practical things.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            My screen time in front of my computer is probably between 2-5 hours a day.¬* Then there's around 4 hours a day that I watch TV.¬* My phone usage isn't a problem as it isn't a smart phone so I use it for texts and phone calls.

Computer time is mainly to feel connected to the world as I'm housebound but half of that time on social media does feel wasted sometimes.¬* It depends on what's posted I guess.¬* If friends are posting informative stuff then it feels like time well spent whereas if it's shallow nonsense or pointless arguments then it feels like time wasted.¬* If it weren't for my disability, I'd be spending more time on constructive and practical things.
            Iím not on social media so I really donít know how I manage to spend around 7 hours per day on my phone :| I think I am going to spend more time reading Insha allah (not on a screen! An actual book...)

Comment

I think the trick is to keep the internet away from your phone or at the very least, turn off alerts for anything other than phone calls and texts.¬* I think it's the alert pings that compel everyone to check their phones a hundred times a day.¬* If you don't get the alert tones, then you specially have to make time to sit at your computer or laptop to check emails, WhatsApp, social media (for those that use it) and other apps- even if you only do it for a week, it'll give you better insight as to what most of your time gets spent on and it'll mean when you're not at home in front of your computer, you can be out of the house and focus your attention on your surroundings without as many distractions.¬*

Apart from receiving phone calls or the occasional text, I don't check my phone when I'm out of the house and I feel sorry for people who do as I see it as a sign of addiction.¬* In fact such addictions have become so bad among young people that some can't resist checking the phone when they are driving or even pedestrians who don't check the road when they cross and this leads to accidents.¬* Tram drivers have started complaining that these phone zombie teenagers and stepping in front of moving trams forcing an emergency brake and the drivers are getting scared that one day someone will get badly hurt.¬* There's a brother on my facebook friends list who did facebook live whilst driving and would read comments whilst on the road.¬* Me and another sister told him off and he would laugh it off, but we persisted so much that he only goes to facebook live when his car is parked or when he's a passenger now.¬* We shouldn't casually accept our friends doing such things.

^I'm speaking generally here.¬* In saying all that, I'm not suggesting that any of us who spend a lot of time in front of screens would be that reckless.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	61A36575-B366-43E0-B7B4-37CAC16BBC25.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	12632067 Mine is infinitely worse. Watching anime nonstop :(

Comment

Originally posted by Asmaa19 View Post

Omg that makes me feel SO much better!!!!!!

Comment

how is the ilm going ?

Comment

From when i wake up and go to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

how is the ilm going ?
                        Good question :(

Comment

Good question :(
                          everyone has their ups and downs ive had times where i did nothing at all even though i wanted to

just gotta push your self and be in the right environment and get rid of distractions

Comment

Working...
                          X