Taking Allah's name in vain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Allah's name in vain

Is there anything in sharia that states taking the Lord's name in vain is haram? Like saying, "Oh my god."
    لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
    سورة الإخلاص

Does ďoh my GodĒ constitute taking Godís name in vain?¬*

Comment

I've only ever heard kufaar claim that it's wrong to say such a thing as they say that it's "taking the lord's name in vain".¬* In Muslim cultures though, it's actually appropriate to exclaim "Ya Allah!" as in surah fatiha there's a line in there that translates as Allah is the one we worship and ask for help from. ¬*

Having said that, there may be circumstances in which it's inappropriate, like for example I take offence at people saying "om(censored letter)g"- that's very offensive and we should correct people who say that. ¬*
      Last edited by neelu; 23-05-19, 05:45 PM.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
        I've only ever heard kufaar claim that it's wrong to say such a thing as they say that it's "taking the lord's name in vain".¬* In Muslim cultures though, it's actually appropriate to exclaim "Ya Allah!" as in surah fatiha there's a line in there that translates as Allah is the one we worship and ask for help from. ¬*

Having said that, there may be circumstances in which it's inappropriate, like for example I take offence at people saying "****"- that's very offensive and we should correct people who say that. ¬*
        Sr Neelu could you please kindly remove / edit that abbreviation?

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say I would be on the verge of physically attacking someone who said that in front of me, that's how enraging it is. I honestly can't stand to see even the abbreviation of this satanic phrase even though I know it's being used to demonstrate others using it.

(Jazaa'akillah khair.)

​​​​​Ps. True (the top paragraph) for us it might be people swearing by Allah Ta'aalaa so freely saying 'wallahi' that's more of an issue.
        ​​​​
        Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 23-05-19, 12:10 AM.
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
        -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Working...
        X