Following the sunnah, feel embarresed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following the sunnah, feel embarresed

Dear brothers and sisters, Assalamu alaikum.
    I have trouble following the sunnah which are to be done publically. Like wearing skull cap while eating food. Sometimes i muster the courage but other times i fail. This is true especially in my work environment where i fear what others would think.
    . In my work i am surrounded mainly by non muslims. (India). I dont have a problem with strangers ... just with colleagues and friends and what they might think of me. I then get depressed and say to myself that i am a coward. I am a slave not of Allah but of people and their opinions.
    . Any dua or advice to make me more courageous.

read the book
    ghuraba(strangers) by ibn rajab
    bottom of the page

https://kalamullah.com/ibn-rajab.html
    Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 06-04-19, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Try to think of women who have to do much more than you in regards to this. Wearing the niqab or jilbab causes one to stand out much more than wearing a skullcap does. Maybe try comparing yourself to Muslim women who properly cover while working among kuffar (they exist) and ask yourself why you aren't as brave as those women.

The sahaba gave up their lives for Islam, and this takes a lot more courage than putting on an outfit and walking outside. Why should we find it hard to just put on a headscarf or let people know that we're Muslims although being chosen for this deen is an honor and the greatest blessing? Why should we be ashamed of Islam and care what kuffar think? This deen raises you in status while those people who mock Islam aren't worthy of your concern. This life passes quickly, so those who mock Muslims in this life will soon get what they deserve.

Indeed, those who committed crimes (sinners) used to laugh at those who believed. And when they passed by them, they would exchange derisive glances. And when they returned to their people, they would return jesting. And when they saw them, they would say, "Indeed, those are truly lost". But they had not been sent as guardians over them. So Today those who believed are laughing at the disbelievers, On adorned couches, observing. Have the disbelievers [not] been rewarded [this Day] for what they used to do? (83:29-36)

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...216&Itemid=139
      وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَنْ ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنْكًا

And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life.
      (Quran 20:124)

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
        Try to think of women who have to do much more than you in regards to this. Wearing the niqab or jilbab causes one to stand out much more than wearing a skullcap does. Maybe try comparing yourself to Muslim women who properly cover while working among kuffar (they exist) and ask yourself why you aren't as brave as those women.

The sahaba gave up their lives for Islam, and this takes a lot more courage than putting on an outfit and walking outside. Why should we find it hard to just put on a headscarf or let people know that we're Muslims although being chosen for this deen is an honor and the greatest blessing? Why should we be ashamed of Islam and care what kuffar think? This deen raises you in status while those people who mock Islam aren't worthy of your concern. This life passes quickly, so those who mock Muslims in this life will soon get what they deserve.

Indeed, those who committed crimes (sinners) used to laugh at those who believed. And when they passed by them, they would exchange derisive glances. And when they returned to their people, they would return jesting. And when they saw them, they would say, "Indeed, those are truly lost". But they had not been sent as guardians over them. So Today those who believed are laughing at the disbelievers, On adorned couches, observing. Have the disbelievers [not] been rewarded [this Day] for what they used to do? (83:29-36)

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...216&Itemid=139
        Indeed we should be not be embarresed but our head high. I admit its a flaw in my nature which i need to overcome.
        ive been like this since i was a kid. Ive been embarresed to express myself even when i wasnt practising. I was a scared child. Now its difficult to break a 5 to 30 year life long habit.
        But i know Allah is capable of everythinf and anything.
        Thats why i asked of there was some dua for some people like me.
        indeed i respect women who wear the hijab/niqab.
        I admire those who do things easily and effortlessly what i have todo with a lot of trouble against my stupid self.

Also in my country and in my city there have been mass killings of muslims in the past 1992 ans 2002 (mass murdering) amd my dad always used to tell me to not weard beard or someone could hit you because you are muslim.
        Last edited by shehbazthakur; 07-04-19, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
          read the book
          ghuraba(strangers) by ibn rajab
          bottom of the page

https://kalamullah.com/ibn-rajab.html
          Jazak Allah

Comment

Who says wearing a skull cap while eating is sunnah?

In fact a skull Cap at all √į¬ü¬§¬Ē
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

^ That's my question too..never heard of that sunnah before

Comment

I agree, I haven't heard of the skullcap being a sunnah. I know during the time of the Prophet (saw) it was more commonplace for Muslim men to wear turbans, but even that wasn't an Islamic obligation and it's okay to not wear it.

Make sure you do your faraid, your daily prayers etc, that you do your Islamic obligations and avoid what is haram as that's what is more important. Even when working in England, I prayed at my workplace during my lunch breaks. Keep the beard but you aren't committing any sin by keeping your head uncovered at mealtimes so don't worry about it.
                Last edited by neelu; 09-04-19, 11:11 PM.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
                X