Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies' emotions

Hi,

I would like to ask regarding certain emotions that we tend to feel, and the thing I want to talk about is infatuation and lust. They are pretty strong feelings, and fortunately for me, I have been able to be conscious and be aware when those feelings come about, when I'm in certain social situations. So far, it hasn't led me to anything haram or anything like that. However, ocassionally, these are strong feelings and they do take charge, and I tend to get easily carried away by them.

I was wondering if there is a dua to minimize such feelings, or how to prevent those feelings of being "swooned" easily. I am a unidersity student, 23 if that helps. If anyone can share their thoughts on this matter that would be nice.

Last edited by nudgetheputri; 03-04-19, 06:01 PM. Reason: Rephrase

Not sure of any specific duas but ask Allah swt to protect you from shaytan.
    Last edited by Mintchocchip; 03-04-19, 06:33 PM.

Comment

The off repeated measures works wonders ie lower your gaze, watching movies and reading novels makes you more prone to such feelings, keep busy and lastly, as such feelings are innate, get married if possible 23 is a good age.
      '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
        The off repeated measures works wonders ie lower your gaze, watching movies and reading novels makes you more prone to such feelings, keep busy and lastly, as such feelings are innate, get married if possible 23 is a good age.
        Yeah, I agree with Sister Silent Being.

Stay away from Rom stuff.

Also - du'aa, fasting and staying away from the company of the opposite gender.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
          Can't get married, I don't think I'm prepared for it just yet. Thanks for the tip anyway.
          I usually don't read novels, but I think it's music genre I've been listening to that keeps me feeling a certain way.

Comment

I have been obsessed with a guy at work. He never cared for me though, he left and didnt even bother saying goodbye. Sorry, it's not even relavent - the thread just reminded me of what happened only two hours ago and I'm sad.

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
              I have been obsessed with a guy at work. He never cared for me though, he left and didnt even bother saying goodbye. Sorry, it's not even relavent - the thread just reminded me of what happened only two hours ago and I'm sad.
              This is the thing with emotions and attachment. It's better to avoid the opposite gender if possible. Limit contact.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post

Can't get married, I don't think I'm prepared for it just yet. Thanks for the tip anyway.
                I usually don't read novels, but I think it's music genre I've been listening to that keeps me feeling a certain way.
                Music is one of the tools of Shaytaan sis.

You don't even realise it, but it definitely influences you.

It might be hard, but avoid it.

Comment

music is your cultprit. Music can cause lead to zina.

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
                    Some men are animals. Stay strong sis. You deserve a better man

Comment

Originally posted by ThisIsJannah View Post

music is your cultprit. Music can cause lead to zina.
                      The music isn't always romantic.

Comment

The music isn't always romantic.
                        instruments have a big effect on the brain and how it reacts, the melody stays in your brain and even if you give yourself a break from music you will notice it comes back to your thoughts

it's a powerful tool to use and brainwash people

There is a story regarding the history of music, how people went stray because of the sounds they heard.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

They play music in nightclubs

it gets the body started to behave like filthy animals
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Working...
                          X