This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our mosque does not allow makeup

The mosque my family and I have been going to now forbids makeup. I wear makeup every day and feel naked and exposed without it. I know many stylish women who attend and am ashamed to let them see me in my natural face. For me, makeup is like getting ready. Without makeup I feel as if I left home barefoot or without Hijab. Worst of all, I have an appointment to get my drivers license photo immediately after so I will have no time to restore my makeup. How will I overcome these insecurities?

its imperissable for a women to wear make up infromt of non mahram as its considered adorning one self

your masjid did good in doing that

Comment

Lol what the heck.

Comment

(Also new member here.) You said that you are worried about the stylish women who worship there but did not think that they too will not be wearing makeup. Have confidence in your self.

Comment

You don't need make up to go outside. This are just whispers of Shaytan.

​​​​​​Neither will the police or anyone else care about how you look in your driver's license. And the picture maybe stored in their database.
          Last edited by notEVOLVED; 27-03-19, 05:58 AM.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Originally posted by I Abbasi View Post
            The mosque my family and I have been going to now forbids makeup. I wear makeup every day and feel naked and exposed without it. I know many stylish women who attend and am ashamed to let them see me in my natural face. For me, makeup is like getting ready. Without makeup I feel as if I left home barefoot or without Hijab. Worst of all, I have an appointment to get my drivers license photo immediately after so I will have no time to restore my makeup. How will I overcome these insecurities?
            السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Ukthi you are not permitted to wear makeup outside the home, let alone a masjid.

Sisters need to overcome this inferiority complex, their beauty is for their husband, not for anyone else. Remember to Fear allah سبحانه وتعالى wherever you go, and do not beautify yourself causing you to attract the attention of men other than your husband.

جزاك الله خيرا
            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

I think the bigger question is why do you feel ashamed of people seeing your real face without make up? What exactly has dented your self esteem that much, that you dislike being seen as you really are? Was it the fashion magazines? The adverts for beauty products? The beauty vloggers? The competing nature of displaying the most liked selfies on Instagram? Or the gossiping aunties who whisper mean comments about anyone who looks less than perfect?

Who are they to tell you that you're not worthy of showing your real face to the world? Who are they to tell you that stepping outside without that lipstick, eyeshadow and foundation will diminish your self worth? These are the real questions you should find the answers to- not why the masjid has a no make up policy.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Their is no necessity to wear makeup, you're not accustomed to wear make up. You're being socially influenced.
                Last edited by Bore Panda; 27-03-19, 09:26 PM.

Comment

how would they stop you?

Comment

How would they know if you are wearing makeup? Ok over the top makeup is obvious but if you use some foundation (not heavy duty but normal one) with some lip gloss or chapstick. That is natural but still makeup. Go for no makeup makeup look-- its a thing

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
                      how would they stop you?
                      Maybe there is an aunty who has a large face wipe.
                      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by I Abbasi View Post
                        1) You're a woman, you can pray at home.
                        2) Learn gratitude.

Comment

Perhaps I am not one to advise as I never wear makeup. But I will say:
                          1. You are there to worship Allah! Not these "fashionable women"
                          2. You have the option to stay home. There is no requirement that women attend the masjid even for salah.
                          3. Try some self-esteem exercises and ask Allah for strength to overcome insecurities.
                          4. Focus on your devotion before you begin getting ready and on the way to the masjid.
                          5. Make your time in the masjid WORK for you. That means focus on devotion alone within the masjid and not frowned upon behavior "outside talk"

On another note, if you are really that concerned, you could wear a niqab or some full-face veil and who should question a sisters devotion after all?

Comment

How are these 'stylish' women able to be stylish without make up but not you? Are yout intentions for going to the masjid sincere? Are you there for Allah swt or to impress stylish women?

Comment

Wear a niqab for when you go?

Comment

Working...
                              X