eating Mcdonalds, Subway etc etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eating Mcdonalds, Subway etc etc

what do you think what this Shiekh says?

im not sure what to think, I thought it was haram to eat anything thats not Halal, lets be honest we all know no1 cares to do Kosher meat in the UK etc
    but this shiekh is saying if its a ''known'' christian country its fine and its okay to eat??

any insight? as im confused now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyHBbheLBDk&t=3m20s

I never ate McDonalds, Subway etc. although I want to. Even though I lived in Middle East, and everything had Halal written over it.

I have been always confused whether it is enough to have a Halal label for a Muslim.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Originally posted by Bayna3 View Post

im not sure what to think, I thought it was haram to eat anything thats not Halal, lets be honest we all know no1 cares to do Kosher meat in the UK etc
      but this shiekh is saying if its a ''known'' christian country its fine and its okay to eat??

McDonalds is Haraam akhi,

Even the food you would think thats Halaal, Fish, Chips and veggie burgers, eggs etc are not free from cross contamination with Haraam foods. I checked on McDonalds website and they state it in the FAQ.

Most Muslims nowadays don't care unfortunately

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

As for Subway it can be Haraam, there are some Halaal ones too.

I wouldn't trust a kaafir and buy even the Fast food Veggie meals of a counter that sells Haraam at the same time.

This Sheikh has posted some Dodgy Fatwas before and he did it again here.

We don't assume the food served by the Jews and Christians is Kosher, especially since majority don't give a damn about Kosher food.

The onus is on the one who says its Kosher to prove it so.

Sheikh got his wires mixed up.
      Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 26-03-19, 03:27 PM.
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Watch this Akhi,

Sheikh Assim is talking nonsense or is confused,

جزاك الله خيرا

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Watch this Akhi,

Sheikh Assim is talking nonsense or is confused,

جزاك الله خيرا
          What if it is in a Muslim country?

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

I'm not going to eat at greggs anymore

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

What if it is in a Muslim country?
              Its generally Halaal, unless you have reason to doubt him. If he sells you Haraam food and claims its Halaal the blame is on him, saying that obviously you should avoid dodgy places/people.

A kaafir doesn't get the benefit of doubt, so Sheikh Assims Fatwa was a total blunder.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

You can find recipes online and make your own meal, even the ones they are selling in these places, you can find the recipes too.

You will know what you put in it (spice etc), you know the meat is halal and in the long run, works out cheaper than bought.

Even if they are halal, no cross contamination with what is not halal - there may be other issues about food preparation that I've heard over the years. e.g. they do not wash their hands after they use washrooms. because they think they use gloves when preparing food, but still... and hygiene issue e.g. floor not cleaned properly and they drop the food, they just pick it up and put it back in the oven and serve it. even the oil needs to be changed regularly and because too busy, they haven't done it etc

Not saying that the people who cook their own meals, never make mistakes. What I'm saying is at least you have more control over what enters your stomach from the time you buy the ingredients, when you mix it, cook it to finally eat it.
                Last edited by islamlife00; 28-03-19, 08:18 PM.
                He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4)

Comment

what I find funny is when you go on '' Just eat '' app and you click '' Halal'' only and notice even though it says Halal all the shops sell pork pizzas.. lol

best to avoid these apps at all costs

Comment

hes trying to say its a christian country thus ahl al kitab and so its halal as u can eat the meat of ahl ala kitab

the issue is these countries are not christian they are secular and futhermore they have completely lost Christianity the only proper ones seem to be like those mormons or amish etc
                    some ulama say you cant even marry these so called christians as they arent really christian

it depends on the ijtihaad of the scholar

but this one op posted is far off

Comment

Working...
                    X