Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Muslim women wear tight clothes at home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm Amira
    started a topic Can Muslim women wear tight clothes at home?

Can Muslim women wear tight clothes at home?

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatallahi wabarakatu,

i know some of the conditions of hijab are to not wear tight or short clothing outside, but what about inside? I dont have children so im not going to be a bad influence on anyone in my home. But is wearing leggings due to their comfort inside the home sinful if no men can see? My mom yells at me when i wear them at home but if no men can see me i dont see why it is sinful.

I dont want to disobey Allah in the least so if it really is haraam i wont wear them ever but I feel that some people have made the religion unnecessarily difficult. I wear niqab when i go outside so when i'm at home I just want to relax and not worry so much about modesty but restricting myself in the home even when there are no men around and i dont have children seems to be too much. Does my mother have a point and I just cant see it? Should i be wearing loose clothes at home too even if there is just women around? Islamically, is it absolutely forbidden to wear tight clothes at home?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time out of their day to respond. May Allah bless you and give you a high status in this life and the next.

• Umm Amira
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

That profile picture isn't allowed.
    Oh ok that's fine :) Like I said I will respect the rules of the forum. But it wasn't my face, it was just my eyes, and I thought a woman's eyes are allowed to be seen? Or do you believe they are to be covered? (I respect your view and I am not here to argue so if you believe a woman's eyes are to be covered that's ok) I'm just curious as to why it is sinful to show your eyes?

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied
    Originally posted by Umm Amira View Post
    Also, can someone let me know why my profile picture is being taken down by the administrators when it's just my eyes and nothing else? I respect the rules of the forum so if for some reason pictures aren't allowed that's ok. But I noticed others members have pictures. Also, I thought a woman's eyes are allowed to be seen so I'm a little confused?
    That profile picture isn't allowed.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Amira
    replied
    Also, can someone let me know why my profile picture is being taken down by the administrators when it's just my eyes and nothing else? I respect the rules of the forum so if for some reason pictures aren't allowed that's ok. But I noticed others members have pictures. Also, I thought a woman's eyes are allowed to be seen so I'm a little confused?

Leave a comment:

• Umm Amira
    replied
    Jazakallah.

Leave a comment:

• Musbah
    replied
    https://islamqa.info/en/answers/6569...en-and-mahrams

Leave a comment:

Working...
X